question about sony vegas

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I have got my RvR vid put together, music added, all ready to go, now when i go to render in sony vegas it has given me a predicted time of 10 hours, is this normal?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Tech section perhaps?

Is this the rendring time (convert from x-format to y-format)? If so, click the button and find out, some can take a while, but 10 hours seems a tad long.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
no there is no compression, all i have done is put in my fraps videos (already compressed) added music and added titles. i go to "render as" to create the finished file and it does (but has the massive timer on it) i did it over night as it was so long but it stopped rendering at the end of the first audio track for some reason so i have to do it again.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Fraps videos are uncompressed. Also, yes, 10 hours is probably correct.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
You would be much better off getting virtual dub encoder to compress the files with the DivX codec or somthing, that way you'll have nice quality but around one tenth the filesize (if that).

Rendering videos always takes a fair while, depending on how many special effects you put in. Some of vegas's more flashy effects will probably add alot to the render time, I would encode the video segments then add them to the timeline, then when you come to finish it you should find the time it takes goes down a bit.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Dukat said:
You would be much better off getting virtual dub encoder to compress the files with the DivX codec or somthing, that way you'll have nice quality but around one tenth the filesize (if that).

Rendering videos always takes a fair while, depending on how many special effects you put in. Some of vegas's more flashy effects will probably add alot to the render time, I would encode the video segments then add them to the timeline, then when you come to finish it you should find the time it takes goes down a bit.

yeah thats what i had done, anyway given up with vegas and used windows movie maker, happy enough with the quality, its not great but the file size is small, 109 mb for 19 minutes video. just need to find a host now.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Raven said:
yeah thats what i had done, anyway given up with vegas and used windows movie maker, happy enough with the quality, its not great but the file size is small, 109 mb for 19 minutes video. just need to find a host now.

RPGFilms recently went back up, might be worth a try :) cant wait to see the video

http://www.rpgfilms.net/nuke/index.php

EDIT: just seen the thread on the RvR section - downloading now :D

Septina

Part of the furniture
Raven said:
I have got my RvR vid put together, music added, all ready to go, now when i go to render in sony vegas it has given me a predicted time of 10 hours, is this normal?

Took me 24+ hours to render Nocturne2 :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom