Question about Shield of Khaos

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
Is this encounter doable with a single group?

If you basicly clean the camp as much as u can before you take Chief Creon on, will you still get mass adds? And is pbaoe a must to take him out?

I met ss before doing it, and they told me they got 20+ adds which seemed to be a little extreme - was this a bug or is it suposed to be that way? If it was a bug, does anyone know if they have fixed it?

Hobbes

Fledgling Freddie
Its doable but tough. Managed it late one night with 7 (2 clerics, pally, ice wiz, arms, scout and theurg). We tried clearing the camp first but it didnt seem to make much difference as when we pulled the named we got 20+ adds that steadily repopped as we killed them. Adds were mostly orange but some red.

We pulled him right to the edge of his zone (just inside the village gate) and with power/heal fields up we just wore him down and rode out the damage. Bof used to cope with the intial rush and theurg and scout concentrated on pulling the healers in close (or they heal the boss). Wiz pbaoed like crazy and was dropped 4 times but rezzed and jumped straight back in. Took some very good healing and fight lasted about 10 minutes. One guy gained 35% on his belt of sun and I lost 2% condition on my shield :)

We did this before the 1.68 patch so not sure if there have been any changes there. Bring plenty of guys or have one excellent fg. There may be some clever trick to it but havent experimented with this encounter much since .... Not easy.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Hobbes said:
We did this before the 1.68 patch so not sure if there have been any changes there.

I was in that group.

Was fairly easy before the patch, but since it's come and gone I've tried multiple attempts with failure. Seems the only way to do it is with FG and adds, or 2FG straight zerg. Zerg him before adds have chance to spawn properly.

That group was fun though Hobbes :p

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
If you r gonna do it 1fg, have atleast 2 Iceys, And a FOP. Dont mess around, just go in there pet spamm Kreon, and smack him and PB to death, then RP till he is dead. pets r important, if you start fagging around, healers just coem non-stop.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Creon is an uber fun encounter if you bring enough people, it's almost like a small RvR zerg battle. ;) SS regularly does this encounter as part of our Artifact Zerg<tm>, and it is a lot of fun for the whole family, casters and tanks alike. The last time we tried it, the encounter was half-bugged, because the centaur pop inside the village was insane even before we pulled Creon. The key to surviving is to handle the healers and casters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom