Question about rangers..

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Is CD any use to these guys or should i drop CD and have more blade/pierce???

The spec I am looking at is.

Shar 10 str 15 con

45 Bow
39 Pierce
29 CD
36 Stealth
16 Path

Any feedback on this is welcomed. :cheers:

Kamosh

Fledgling Freddie
CD increase the chance to swing and with side pos style we have stun of 4-5 sg like bms.

If u have bb drop path to 9 imo.

Eelai

Fledgling Freddie
I'm no ranger expert but shouldn't they have plussed dex as well in the beginning? (for bow damage)

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
why so much con! especially as shar!

10 str/dex/con imo
unless u plan on going melee and BLADE then maybe 15str 10con

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Dex is a must. I don't know why people are rolling shar rangers... I have 388 dex atm and I want more!!

Anyway, my spec is:
50 bow
35 stealth (all time classic)
44 pierce
9 PF
8 CD

IMO, 50 on bow is a must as well along with dex, to increase your WS.

On this thread, you'll find what vodkafairy says about CD quite helpfull on the subject and some very nice links to follow up if you're interested.

At work atm so can't write much :)

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
thanks for the feedback guys.

16 path just for the 2nd speed buff.

Went for 10 str 15 con for the hits and dex being the pri stat.

Will have a BB eventually.

Boann

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I don't know what's true of this, but I heard BBs are getting nerfed some way in NF.
In other words: I heard PF will be more important then.

Dunno what to think of tho, would like some more official feedback on this :m00:

Ash'

Fledgling Freddie
Boann said:
Well, I don't know what's true of this, but I heard BBs are getting nerfed some way in NF.
In other words: I heard PF will be more important then.

Dunno what to think of tho, would like some more official feedback on this :m00:

nothing about this in any of the patchs running on the yank servers and nothing in the up and coming patch notes

and for a BB ranger

9path
35stealth
50path
39poke
22cd <---- enough for the side stun

Kamosh

Fledgling Freddie
Ash' said:
nothing about this in any of the patchs running on the yank servers and nothing in the up and coming patch notes

and for a BB ranger

9path
35stealth
50path
39poke
22cd <---- enough for the side stun

:eek6:

Gidget

Fledgling Freddie
there won't be any bb nerf in daoc, as goa just likes ppl to pay for at least 2 accs each

Pine

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
Dex is a must. I don't know why people are rolling shar rangers... I have 388 dex atm and I want more!!

Anyway, my spec is:
50 bow
35 stealth (all time classic)
44 pierce
9 PF
8 CD

IMO, 50 on bow is a must as well along with dex, to increase your WS.

On this thread, you'll find what vodkafairy says about CD quite helpfull on the subject and some very nice links to follow up if you're interested.

At work atm so can't write much :)

i agree with you buddy the 50 bow is a must have gotta love piercing some avalonian's BT and nearly kill the dirty thing :)

though tbh i dont have much say in the ranger matter since my old ranger toon is deleted due to things im to ashamed to discuse :p

incase ye wonder who meh ranger was he was deadredeye :) ill miss you bow wielding clown ha

-Palan-

Fledgling Freddie
45bow is enough tbh, if u go for 50 u loose too much points for ya melee

and the 5con u put into it from the start should realy have rather gone for 10dex as pierce or 5more str as blade ranjur

donno why all are so horny for 50bow, the dmg increses for like 10+max in cap dmg, and for those 5points in bow u could rather get ur melee up, cuz no sniper ranger can tell me that hes never gonna melee or summit, get 25CD instead of the 5points in bow, and u'll prolly be able to even kill something in melee ;)

Pine

Fledgling Freddie
-Palan- said:
45bow is enough tbh, if u go for 50 u loose too much points for ya melee

and the 5con u put into it from the start should realy have rather gone for 10dex as pierce or 5more str as blade ranjur

donno why all are so horny for 50bow, the dmg increses for like 10+max in cap dmg, and for those 5points in bow u could rather get ur melee up, cuz no sniper ranger can tell me that hes never gonna melee or summit, get 25CD instead of the 5points in bow, and u'll prolly be able to even kill something in melee ;)

m8 from my ranger i learned the very last thing i want is to be in melle with nething just cant do the right dmg and if u gonna die you gonna die no matter the melle imo id always forest foot my bow wielding behind outa their b4 i draw my wep :)

imo cut the BT and nail those avalonians FTW!!!!!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
you dont really get a lot of choice if you want to melee or not if you get jumped as palan said 45 bow is more than enough, my ranger is something like this, not played it in months so cant remember exact spec.

bow 45
stealth 35
blades 44
9 path
CD 26

all were +14 at RR4 (edit) except path finding ofc :)

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Raven said:
you dont really get a lot of choice if you want to melee or not if you get jumped as palan said 45 bow is more than enough, my ranger is something like this, not played it in months so cant remember exact spec.

bow 45
stealth 35
blades 44
9 path
CD 26

all were +14 at RR4 (edit) except path finding ofc :)

Best spec imo .. using it my self on me ranger .. And rangers can kill in melee... if they are buffed ofc ;) Allmoust killed 2 infills at amg the other day .. Dunno why they sucked so much tho ;)
But melee can surely come in handy, plus its fun to play nightshade against hostile casters :)

Nemue

Fledgling Freddie
Best pre-NF specc imo is:
44wpn
40bow
35stealth
34CD
1path

u really need the melee, CD is the best dmgadd u will ever get speccwise, 40bow is more than enough.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Went for 10 str 15 con for the hits and dex being the pri stat.

Will have a BB eventually.

reroll and put 10 in dex this time.

come NF I would say 45 bow min.

atm it doesnt really matter, sure shot isnt that usefull.

spec depending on ml line and playstyle.

soloing as a ranger will be borked untill see hidden is removed from the game really so spec isnt that important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom