Question about PvP server.

S

Shaki/Aeis

Questions about PvP server.

1. Do you get much of your total experience by killing other players?

2. Do you get hated over the realm for killing other players?

3. Can you be exp killed on PvP server?

4. How usual is it to take a keep? Do you take keeps more often then on an ordinary server?

I wonder about question 4 because Im' thinking about making a PBAE char so I can be good at defending keeps.

5. How does the PvP work? Do I have to turn on a hostile button to the person I want to kill?
Or am I hostile to everyone not in my Guild and group?

No need to answer every question but please answer the one you know:)

O

old.Revz

1. You get a very small fraction of your exp for killing players when you compare it to how much you get for mobs. In theory you could exp totally off players but it would take forever.

2. PvP servers attract the worst type of people and you get all sorts of griefing on them. Being hated all over the realm is probably the least of most peoples worries. When you con someone it does show your guilds standing versus their guilds standing (friendly, neutral, warring etc.)

3. Yes when you are PKed you lose exp, con and leave a grave.

4. Guilds take and hold keeps quite ferociously because they you store relics in them. PBAE is almost useless in a cloth caster since you were able to target doors for AE now. You can't stand close enough to the door to cast it without dying. Your best bet is play a caster who has GTAE (ground target AE), they are the big daddies of keep defence.

5. You are killable to anyone not in your group or guild. I'm not sure if this extends to allies but certainly I wouldn't trust anyone :)

You can find more info in the archives of the Camelot Herald.

O

old.Prof

A few corrections from own experience :

1. There is the phenomen of greys grouping up and ganking solo purples for xp. Grouping up and ganking around isn't that bad xp and money, but usually xping from other players isn't as good as what you can get from mobs.

2. You have PKs and anti-PKs. Yes, you or your guild can get a bad rep, which can make your life even more troublesome. Guild politics is an important part of the game.

3. Also when you get PKed you ALWAYS lose 3 con. The result is that buying con back is a major money sink. Another reason to hunt mobs much so you can pay of your con losses.

4. Actually there isn't much relic defending as on BOTH 'dreds one guild holds ALL relics (Retribution on Mordred and Conquest on Andred). Both those guilds are so powerfull not much can stand up to them.

5. At start everyone is "neutral" to you, which means you or they can freely attack. Once you join a guild all guildies become friendly, you can't attack them. Every guild can make a KOS list of enemy guilds. Players from those guilds will show up as enemies. Alliances are disabled on PvP servers. Guilds still make alliances between each other, but those are pure verbally agreements, and hence "alliances" and "cease-fires" are rather volatile and unreliable.

S

Sazyasha

PvP immunity flag comes off automaticly at level 10, or was that a whole other game ;>

If you don't remove it yourself?

S

Shaki/Aeis

I've heard somewhere you get better exp from a yellow con player then from an ordinary yellow con mob. Correct?

Sofar I still can se PBAE is used alot and is good at keep defence. I mean the casters dont AE the door all the time and if they do they loose mana and cant attack the archers and other mages at the top of the keep.

It's maybe not as good as it was before? But it's still good I think.

O

old.Revz

Thanks for the corrections/expansions Prof.

As for the PK immunity flag, hehe :D Anyone remember Fansy and his sand giant trains getting the ruleset on one of the Zeks altered? :)

S

Shaki/Aeis

What I wonder most right now is. Will PBAE be useless? or will it still be good as it is now?

[EDIT] Will you be able to see what the hostile guilds talk about in the PvP server?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom