Question about Mentalism spec on mentas

Eredrin

Fledgling Freddie
I am atm making a light menta, and I'm putting some points in Holism as well. What I was wondering was if I should put some points in Mentalism too to get the mezz, but does anyone know if they get resisted alot at lower lvls? If so it's just a waste of points :)

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldnt put too many points to mentalism.

48 Light, 24 Mana and rest Mentalism should be good.
Gives you decent mana regen and usable hot.

- Ttillub

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
menta is a waste of class cuz noone will grp ya no matter what spec u are :p

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
Light menta is very good at PLing in CM ^^ .. get a pet, butt him .. and ..
ae dd > abys pit ^^

Drevner

Fledgling Freddie
Alme said:
menta is a waste of class cuz noone will grp ya no matter what spec u are :p

i know some pretty l33t mentas who WTFPWN in RvR and PvE...

old.Sko

Fledgling Freddie
Go full mentalism. You wont be l337 or sumthing, but at least you'll be unique !

crd

Fledgling Freddie
See no reason to go mana as 2nd line cept for the ghetto mr.
46 light (dd, aedd, charm)
28 ment (44sec mezz, demezz, good heal, better dmg with baseline dot)
4 mana (mr 1)
..sounds good to me.

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
48 light to get higher pets in PvE.
24 mana to get enough regen to keep the pets and cast nukes.

Putting 28 in Mentalism was never an option to me. Single targe demez is not good enough. There are other chars for healing, nobody takes menta in group to heal (execpt in pve mana mentas because of hot) and with 28 your heals will vary a lot and make you oom very soon. You can not rely mezzes to stick and they are single target only. Dot's today are no good.
Lots of spells but not worth it imo.

crd

Fledgling Freddie
Sure ur spec is better in pve Tt but in rvr...

Correct me if I'm wrong but spec heals dont varies a lot I think. My 46 menta's lvl 18 heals varies from 247-257 or something.
The lvl 23 mezz will ofc be resisted more but not that often, good enough for a secondary mezzer imo.
Ofc the main task is to do damage but these stuff is very handy to have.

And even if we dont count these two things I'd still take demezz and mr1 over mr3 in rvr any day.

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
Well I guess in the end it depends on how you want to play. It is difficult in RvR to both nuke and heal. Look and identify your enemies and watch your groups health bars.
My decision was to use Menta to dmg and Druid to heal.

So what ever you choose nobody can say it is wrong. Both specs have good things. Just don't do anything in between. Either 48l/24mana or 46l/28ment :)

- Ttillub

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Find Ilaya quick, shes just made a batch of +8mentalism gems :cheers:

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
With the latest proliferation of animist, the confuse spell has become very usefull for pve.
So speccing enough mentalism to get the 100% confuse ( lvl 24) isn't such a bad idea.

Danita

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
Find Ilaya quick, shes just made a batch of +8mentalism gems :cheers:

For the love of god...Boni please hog-tie her or summit, she spends way too much time crafting :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
If you go RvR with your mentalist points in mana are wasted. DoT sucks, HoT sucks, MR3 sucks in RvR.

With the right gear 300~ heals are nice in RvR, demezz is good since only 1 demezzer in a regular Hib-group. Ghetto mezz useful for locking down that nasty XXXX and last but not least: CONFUSE. It might seem like a PvE spell but confuse is very useful for dropping theurgist pets.

IMO if you compare it to a chanter you give up the PBAE but add some more utility. Assisting on chanter with heat-debuff is high damage (spec heat nuke DD209) and STT makes kebab out of bonedancers, spiritmasters, cabalists, sorcs, theugists. Pretty much every FOTM caster in Alb/Mid.

The problem is Hib has always been PBAE-orientated and the mentalist was the only one not having the spell making them impopular. With the right groupsetup (2x druid, 1x bard, 1x warden (Bodyguard), 1x hero/BM (Bodyguard/Grapple), Chanter(mana/light), Eldritch(mana/light), Mentalist(light/holism)) you got a very strong setup. Against good groups offensive PBAE doesnt work anyhow and for defensive PBAE 2xPB is enough. Mentalist adds alot then to this group; especially with STT

My 2 cents, will always be sceptism inside Hibernia about the class; but giving them the right groupsetup and good player its ace.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
as you say ppl think cos you aint got pbaoe your crap well its a bag of shit i put down so many ppl in rvr and saved members of my grp plenty of times the utility spells are really the icing on the cake for the class that has one of the most powerful nukes in the game however light really is the only way to spec a ment these days get enough in mana to get mr3 serenity can do the rest then get rest in mentalism even then if u dont get high in mentalism you can still heal for well over 300 that can be a life saver also to my knowledge cant remember anymore but mentalist is the only class that has a stun and mez.

you are a god when it comes to pve not many classes can touch you mentalist is a great char for getting cash, items throw in a buffbot and ya laughing if u did spec decent in mentalism you can heal ya pet for a fair bit too assuming u arent nuking away mentalism is a line that was forgotten by the devs all it is a crap version of a druid with cloth armour and a few little extras spec light mainly dont waste too many pts on mentalism maybe take it to lvl 10 thats adequate and it has done me fine.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
if mentalism spec had a aoe mez at 1750 range like sorcs have.. might be worth a go ofc. but hey, we are hibs.. these things arent even thought about..

in principle.. a full ment spec menty sounds good.

baseline nukes, heals, single mez, stun. but i think we as a realm need the castable aoe mez by a caster.

light spec elds are doing other things than mezzing ffs, lets face it.

atm.. our crowd control is.. bards.. they do to much as it is, nature druids for aoe root... i mean ffs? and light elds.. yeah whatever..

where is the hib sorc class? supposed to be mentalists, but it aint is it?

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
not like albs got any other mezzer then sorcs either ;o
wheres albs bard then? ;p (dont say minstrel.)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Spamb0t said:
not like albs got any other mezzer then sorcs either ;o
wheres albs bard then? ;p (dont say minstrel.)

Minstrel :p

Then again they can stealth..and have insta stun..and ALL their songs/CC/dd is on one spec line....

Smite clerics get pbaoe mezz thats an insta.

Theurgists get aoe mezz, aoe root and single line root.

Cabalists and Necro's get aoe snare (necro is an insta ofc).

Shall i go on?

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Tallen said:
Minstrel :p

Then again they can stealth..and have insta stun..and ALL their songs/CC/dd is on one spec line....

Smite clerics get pbaoe mezz thats an insta.

Theurgists get aoe mezz, aoe root and single line root.

Shall i go on?

Cleric pbae mezz = shit
Theurg ae mezz = shit
cabalist + necro snare = shit

Shall I go on?

I'm pretty glad with my bard tbh, a class with lots of utility. For sure, the mincer is never a primary mezzer, but he's a nice class aswell. I won't discuss the "stealth or not" now cause I really don't care, but he can fight, interrupt, mezz the healers in battle, defo a nice class I think and I never found them overpowered in grp fighting.

"There's a thin line, between moon and ment
alism, but I think both are nice to have in Rv
R so it is up to you to choose
but don't let others tell you that the spec is gimped that you have."

(OK, which song is that :) )

I've had both in my grp, light/moon and light /ment and both are pretty cool (well more often light/moon /cheer Ttillub ) =))

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
Cleric pbae mezz = shit
Theurg ae mezz = shit
cabalist + necro snare = shit

Shall I go on?

Not the point, point is that many albion classes have aoe cc at their disposal, not only sorc's (the fact that its not much cop is immaterial).

liloe

It's my birthday today!
tbh that's not bad for me....there are some who mezz me with a crap mezz and tadaa.,...10 seconds later I have a free immunity timer...it's a pretty nice deal imho, whereas a good mentalism mezz lasts much longer.

Brennik

Fledgling Freddie
Aaanyway... two points:

a) light ae dd is good
b) second demezzer is good
c) Static Tempest on a nuker class, hmm...

liloe

It's my birthday today!
light AE DD is good? I think I've never seen one use them in RvR in a 8v8 fight (maybe not even in larger fights)

Is ST really a good RA? Maybe some Thane's could enlighten us here =)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Tallen said:
Bringing in Cabalist AoE snare in a CC debate is just stupid. Trust me, I know.

RobbanPobban

Fledgling Freddie
Menta light DD in RvR is the best imo.

light charm is very good in toa for farming.

light charm is very good in DF for seal farming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom