question about healers

pez

Can't get enough of FH
i'm a complete noob to midgard and have only been on the sharpe end of mid rvr groups so i don't know 100% what goes on behind the scenes so was looking for some general advice with spec.

Anyway i recently deleted alb and came to mid and so far my healer is lvl 30. Going mainly mend with some pac for the mana regens. At 40 i intend to choose my final spec. Now i have played a 40/36 reg/nature druid on prydwen and i would rather go for a bit more CC. The temptation is to be balanced and have a similar spec for my healer however like i said i am more intereseted in the CC side of it.

To cut a long story short is it worth taking Pac to 48 and are groups going to be ok with a healer who can 55% rez only and just single heal as oppose to spreadheal?

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
44pac max but 36 is sufficent to lead a group.

Warlock

Fledgling Freddie
Most common specs are:

1. 44pac/31mend - primary CC, secondary healer, often drives the group
2. 36pac/40mend - secondary CC, main healer, main resser
3. 36aug/40mend - resists, celerity, main healer, main resser
4. 37aug/39mend - all 3 yellow resists, main healer
5. 44aug/31mend - all 3 yellow resists, red celerity

6. 48pac/24mend - not so popular. Go this way only if your guild asked you to spec this way to run in dedicated pbaoe group. Otherwise it will be a bit harder to find a group than with any spec above.

And, remember, as my guildie Herberts noticed,
3 aug healers = crap, but 3 pac healers - ok. So, I recomend you to choose spec 1 or 2.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
37aug, 38pac, 9mend fortehwin imo. Healing is somthing other people do anyway ;)

pez

Can't get enough of FH
ack its one thing not searching for a thread from 6 months back but its poor form missing one from a couple of weeks ago :x so sorry

i was thinking of the 48 more for resists than duration really but i guess its the final aoe mez that really counts

ruudoniac

Fledgling Freddie
Imo there are 3 speccs for healers that worth to do

1. 44pac/31mend good leader + spreadheal ftw - the only worthy specc if u are interested main for CC

2.36aug/40mend main healer + 100% rezz + celerity

3.44aug/31mend red celerity + good resist + spreadheal

But if u love CC (as i do) pick the 1st one - believe me it worths :clap:

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
omg someone quotes Herberts Oo is he famous now? ;)

i recommend you to try 37aug/39mend healer as for beggining. It's less responsibility then main cc has, RAs make not a such big defference. And later (on rr6 or so) you could respec to pac/mend or mend/pac if you feel like you like to mezz and you are able to mezz.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Imo, 40 mend, 36 aug is a dead spec cuz you don't get the very important yellow energy resist buff. Either go 39 mend 37 aug or the very nice spec 40 mend 36 pac. I think many rvr guilds don't run 44 pacers anymore, they run with 36 pacer as main cc'er. Myself, I'm 39 mend 37 aug, prolly the first that respeced to it on server, but I don't show up so much in rvr heh. If I would respec, I would go 40 mend 36 pac, but lately, I've found out that grey ae stun is great for interrupting, costs 2 mana:-P So I guess I stay mend/aug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom