Question about debuffs!

Eredrin

Fledgling Freddie
I just wanted to see if anyone could tell me how much they actually are supposed to debuff for compared to delve value? and if value is effected by resists or if that is purely the duration of the debuff.

Elricstormbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Probably best to duel someone to find out exactly and whether the character is buffed or not will make a difference too (2x delve for buffed chars??).

I believe that resists only affect duration not value.

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
Elricstormbringer said:
Probably best to duel someone to find out exactly and whether the character is buffed or not will make a difference too (2x delve for buffed chars??).

Agree. though it was unusual I debuffed a fully equipped buffed bm to ~185 str..

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Elricstormbringer said:

correct.

And about debuffs effectiveness... best to test it out aye, this was changed 234243234 times on different patches specially on the early stages of daoc, so kinda hard to say i made multiple tests on different patches, usually with fustrating results.
On release version, highest lvl debuffs did delve for 12X and debuff for more than that, remember debuffing an orange con skald with the 2nd highest s/c debuff and oneshooting him with a frontal assault ;p~ That was ofc nerfed deep underground on the next patch (suddenly last debuffs were dropping something like 3X-4X) and raised slowly on later patches, wo ever hitting a reasonably balanced value compared with caster debuffs (imo)

Eredrin

Fledgling Freddie
Well reason I ask is because I've tried it in a duel, and vs an unbuffed opponent my str/con debuff which delves at 61 debuffed for a stunning 38 str/con :touch: which, after the introduction of toa bonuses and stat caps is barely a scratch to anyone.
This is with 39 in valor and 9% debuff bonus, and tbh at that value I might as well remove debuffs from qbar and be a crappy hero :(

Solarius

Fledgling Freddie
Eredrin said:
Well reason I ask is because I've tried it in a duel, and vs an unbuffed opponent my str/con debuff which delves at 61 debuffed for a stunning 38 str/con :touch: which, after the introduction of toa bonuses and stat caps is barely a scratch to anyone.
This is with 39 in valor and 9% debuff bonus, and tbh at that value I might as well remove debuffs from qbar and be a crappy hero :(

Debuffs work best against a buffed opponent, and though they do work against an unbuffed one, won't really make a huge difference.

I think the top str/con debuff (73 delve) will strip ~30-40 from an unbuffed opponent, and ~60 from a buffed one. They certainly are not getting close to the delve value, something Jubal spend much time trying to address. Mongokeen (the current Champ TL) was looking to get our debuffs combined, or even getting them made AoE, but since the TL report when he raised it (and it was rejected) I've not heard anything!

For reference and TL reports, try going here Halls of Valor useful champ info, though the board is bugged atm :p

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
as i said debuffs never reached a proper value, for ages it has not been the debuff 'itself' what designed their utility, but the interrupt component (now long time gone..)
and well, s/c debuff was always a 'bonus', helpful wo really making a remarkable effect, and when it came to whacking high evade/block targets, d/q debuff was quite noticeable, as well as dehasting assasins..

basically after the initial nerf, you still were happy to have 5 instainterrupts on 5 different timers, nowadays if am correct not even the snare interrupts :E Champ Valor has very litle left to offer, but suits the offensive tank who cant b s/c sheared (for instance, since champ s/c is capped with 1.71, finally xD) and the dd aint bad at all ;p~

Last to b said.. gimped hero? no, far from. Yes valor is more crappy than ever, but you got ST, rr5 ability and banelord toys.. Id take any good offensive champ over a bm anytime, even with the lack of charge.. (best is as always to have one of each xD, let the bm spam tendrils with inmunity and the champ use zone of unmana) Then again when it comes to deffensive champ.. valor is kinda worthless for you, and only thing that differs you from a gimpy hero is ST :e It lays down to player quality tbh

Sturrm

Fledgling Freddie
Poped in to read posts, read this one entirely and obviously have my opinions.

Lofff basically sums the true power of the debuffs when considering them as interupts. Unfortunately for some strange reason (Mythic sucks Cock) none of the Champ debuffs interupt and snare no longer interupts either. But hey, being a Banelord simple replaces buttons with other Buttons that DO in fact interupt and if played right can even interupt better than the old debuff combo (Considering you are interupting aoe instead of single target).

Considering the lack of interuption by debuffs i fail to see any reason why if you plan to spec shield you would roll a Champ in the first place (just my old school way of thinking). I really cant say i "need" Slam to stun my targets.

Just an example... Pumping Dex/Qui debuff + Zone of Unmana makes you a nasty pain in the ass for a BGed target.

I think the most important issue is that you evolve your gameplay / spec based on nerfs / patches.

Much Love

:wij:

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Jayce said:
Do debuffs from different classes stack ?

no, a new debuff will overwrite previous ones (even if its worse)

Elricstormbringer

Fledgling Freddie
lofff said:
no, a new debuff will overwrite previous ones (even if its worse)

I know that the ML1.1 sword with a s/c debuff is overwritten by my s/c debuff as i do not get 'target has this effect' messages but the other way round the weaker debuff does not overwrite the more powerful one.

Interuppting debuffs were fun though; I remember soloing some avalonian with this ages back.

I did think out debuffs worked better over buffed opponents than the 30-40 quoted here though. Maybe time to find out for myself.

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Elricstormbringer said:
I know that the ML1.1 sword with a s/c debuff is overwritten by my s/c debuff as i do not get 'target has this effect' messages but the other way round the weaker debuff does not overwrite the more powerful one.

Champ debuffs overwrite eld top AE debuffs, which are better. Mayhaps theres some difference with weapon procs, but that would be the exception

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom