Question about CoC and TOA

Thine

Fledgling Freddie
Hey

just wanted to hear if it is against CoC that some comes and take an encounter when u have pulled almost all mobs u have to kill to finish the encounter and then there comes some pepols and takes the last 2 mobs there finishing the encounter and the encounter i'm talking about is belt of sun/moon have tryed to finish the encounter 5 times now and when i need to kill 2 mobs some <censored> peeps from Keeper of the light comes and takes the last 2 mobs and then they get the encounter and i dont so it pisses me off. and if it is against CoC then i gona movie the hole encounter and then report the peeps afterwards.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
no it isn't.

however, it would be if you were in the middle of killing the last mob and they walked up and got the last hit.

(to avoid the situation you were in... just keep a mob in combat with you at 50% hp while you kill all the others ;))

vng

Fledgling Freddie
seems like kotl are doing this stuff very often lately...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if they're doing it maliciously with full knowledge of what they're doing (and you say to them "do you mind") it's quite possible they could get into trouble - GOA seem a bit more flexible in what they consider breach of the CoC (I think Mythic are more likely to get sued by some ten year old if they don't follow it to the letter...) - send a RightNow if you think someone's doing something off - in this case I've no idea if it is or not, if it keeps happening then it's quite possible.

In otherwords - ask GOA :)

UKM_Thorgrim

Fledgling Freddie
re: mob stealing..

SORRY A SINGLE PERSON CAN NOT CAMP A ZONE, AREA or mob.

sorry for the Caps thats how it was put to me one day...

So whats the whine...

one person or does the group get priority.

HAVE fun guys... gl & gh.

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
UKM_Thorgrim said:

So whats the whine...

Thw 'whine' is that someone does all the work to get an artifact and while doing that another person comes along and snatches the very last mobs in order to get the artifact, leaving the guy whos done all the work with nothing and the guy just walking by with a free 'artifact'.

Centuri

Fledgling Freddie
If you can let me know which members of Keepers of the Light are doing this, then I will have a word with them, I agree that this shouldn't happen, if your doing a load of the work then someone else finishes it off its not fair.

If you either pm me ingame on Centuri or kotlenhancer or send me a pm on this forum or via our guild forum at www.kotl.couk.com and I will sort this out.

Thanks

- Centuri

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
UKM_Thorgrim said:

So whats the whine...

Were not talking about camping the tower keeper or the guardian, some of these mobs pop at very irregular intervals.

I dont think the problem is going to go away, I have seen several instances where guild groups or randoms have ploughed into artifact or ML mobs because somebody that wants to do it in an unauthodox format is a little slow, sure there needs to be some give and some take.

We had the same thing the other day we at a spawn spot ready to do an artifact mob, we were just finalising the procedure when a fg went in the back door, after a little discussion we started and the other group left, about an hour later after we killed the big guy one of our guys got a PM stating that they were actually there first and we were a bit out of order.

I kinda laughed a bit at this because I had passed their fg at the haven some 5 mins earlier whilst collecting an item from my vault to take back to the others but hey ho.

It seems some people will say and do anything in this game.

Perhaps chars should have some sort of voting system applied, if more than 10 people vote against you in game (for something you did) you have to wear a "Nob" or "Noob" hat for a week on your char, perhaps a little bit of humiliation might wake some people up....

Personally I would do a "right now" for mob jumpers and see what happens.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Having said all this, i.e. that you cannot camp a mob or spawn site according to the CoC but that common courtesy demands that you respect people who have waited on a spawn, can we please explore this ever-elusive concept of "common courtesy" a little more: If someone is camping an artifact mob that takes 4-8 people to kill with a single character, have they thus "claimed" the mob or is anyone allowed to mobilize a group to go kill it? For instance, even though I now have my Cloudsong, I have seen a lot of solo players standing on Eramai's patrol route, clearly waiting for him to pop. When he does pop, my opinion is that since a solo character can't conceivably solo him, he is fair game to whatever group gets there first.

So, in my humble opinion, "claiming" an artifact mob (i.e. a player-enforced claim, not supported in the CoC) entails that you are camping it with a group that is capable of killing it. If you lack the numbers to do so, outsiders who do have them can move in.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Belomar said:
When he does pop, my opinion is that since a solo character can't conceivably solo him, he is fair game to whatever group gets there first.
Only sensible opinion to have.

Had a group wander past another artifact mob last night - to find that it was spawned. Pulled it - started killing only to have someone start whining that their "buffbot was camping it".

Good for a laugh really - do people seriously expect to leave bots parked on mobs and have noone else touch them? If they do theyve alot to learn ;)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
If you can let me know which members of Keepers of the Light are doing this, then I will have a word with them, I agree that this shouldn't happen, if your doing a load of the work then someone else finishes it off its not fair.

If you either pm me ingame on Centuri or kotlenhancer or send me a pm on this forum or via our guild forum at www.kotl.couk.com and I will sort this out.

Thanks

- Centuri
End whine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom