Question about buying DR download

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
If I buy DR by downloading, what happens if I upgrade my PC?

I'm thinking about buying a new PC, but I want to make sure I only have to buy DR once. I don't want to download it and pay again on a new PC.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
You dont need to buy it to download it , infact you can buy it without downloading it, all you need is the camelot.exe and maybe the update.dat but i dont think so, and i think you can dl it from goa someware, when i got it i dled it from the US ahead of launch then just changed the update.dat

:drink:

E

Efour

Lyrra said:
If I buy DR by downloading, what happens if I upgrade my PC?

I'm thinking about buying a new PC, but I want to make sure I only have to buy DR once. I don't want to download it and pay again on a new PC.

errrr burn it to cd?? errrr put it on a second HD ??? put it on 731 floppy disks?

What happens if you upgrade your pc? Well usually parts get faster or ram gets larger.

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the first 2 helpful replies.

Regarding the last one, to clarify, when I said "what happens if I upgrade" it was intended to say do I have to buy it again. That was a cheap crap remark about faster PCs. Funny guy...

Also you can't always guarantee simply copying the data from one hard drive to another will make it work, as for example there may be libraries/dlls that need registering. Burning to CD is equally not guaranteed to work for the same reason.

Why waste time making idiotic remarks like that. I certainly didn't appreciate it. Don't bother replying if you're gonna make smart-arse remarks like that.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
DAoC (any client) doesn't have registry keys etc like most Windows software. As long as you keep the file structure intact (i.e. copy the whole install folder),you can move it around, copy it to and from a DVD, copy it to a network drive etc and it'll work just fine without needing to be reinstalled.

You only pay for the CD-key and you only need the CD-key to create an account, after that it's not needed to play or reinstall the game. You can download the whole client from our downloads site as many times as you need to without having to pay for it again.

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
DAoC (any client) doesn't have registry keys etc like most Windows software. As long as you keep the file structure intact (i.e. copy the whole install folder),you can move it around, copy it to and from a DVD, copy it to a network drive etc and it'll work just fine without needing to be reinstalled.

You only pay for the CD-key and you only need the CD-key to create an account, after that it's not needed to play or reinstall the game. You can download the whole client from our downloads site as many times as you need to without having to pay for it again.

Very helpful reply without taking the mickey...thanks!

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Lyrra said:

Regarding the last one, to clarify, when I said "what happens if I upgrade" it was intended to say do I have to buy it again. That was a cheap crap remark about faster PCs. Funny guy...

Also you can't always guarantee simply copying the data from one hard drive to another will make it work, as for example there may be libraries/dlls that need registering. Burning to CD is equally not guaranteed to work for the same reason.

Why waste time making idiotic remarks like that. I certainly didn't appreciate it. Don't bother replying if you're gonna make smart-arse remarks like that.
you'll get used to it :D

certainly won't be the last hehe!

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
Lyrra said:

Good post! have some rep points!! you gotta stand up for yourself here! :)

E

Efour

Lol sorry i was in a stupid mood.

Its an EXE install file. You just click install hey presto :clap:

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
Efour said:
Lol sorry i was in a stupid mood.

Its an EXE install file. You just click install hey presto :clap:

OK chief accepted.

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
Efour said:
errrr burn it to cd?? errrr put it on a second HD ??? put it on 731 floppy disks?

What happens if you upgrade your pc? Well usually parts get faster or ram gets larger.

roflmao. sorry, im fubar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom