question about bards...

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
well my bard is starting to get near 50.. so i need some advice from you ubahr bards out here.. what spec is the "fotm" spec for bards?
i was thinking 43 nurt, 48 music, 13 regrowth.. is this a viable spec? and i just cant find a good "qbar-setup" anyone wanna share their setup? so i can see how others have done it.. thx in advance :)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
about specc!! cant say enything, couse it has changed

used to be 16reg, 43nurt, 47 music and res weapon

but for qbar setup, that is up to u imo. only u can make a qbar u like

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
My bard is going 16reg, 43nurt, 47 music.

That gives you the best Insta Mezz, Best END regen and some ok heals.

I'm not aware of any other specs going around, but you could drop music to 43 and go: 25 reg, 43 nurt, 43 music. That will give you a slightly beter heal, but IMO, not worth it all. There is also a battle bard spec, although i'm nto familiar with those at all.

On my QBAR, I have 2 qbars above each other.

To the right I have my heals on top, then instruments and songs at the bottom.
To the left I have my mezz, amnesia, DD, and macros.
Buffs and stuff are on my 3rd qbar out the way.

Hope this helps!

liloe

It's my birthday today!
sphir said:
47music 16reg 43nurt
37music 33reg 43nurt

forget the 2nd one imho =)) I don't think the extra heals really come into play often. I played that spec and used the big heals like.....nearly never, cause I was busy casting other spells.

QBars is such a thing. Imho put the songs and RA's you don't need to use via keyboard on the 2nd qb. That's how I do it.

Then I have some keybinds and I toggle qb1-1 and qb1-2 with mousebuttons aswell. First one is main with insta CC, lull etc. and 2nd has single mezz, confusion on it.

It totally depends on your mouse, keyboard or extra stuff you use, though. So if you have a Nostromo, your qb will look totally different ofc.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
My bard is 37 reg, 29 music, 43 nut, 16 weapon or so, bit more all around imo, you lack the aoe insta mess but in return you get a bit of decent healing and enough weapon skill to whack an annoying green con mob =)

Tinneth

One of Freddy's beloved
a few words of advice i would like to add, NEver run 2 bards :p , One will always AE amnesia the others messed grp,
2: Get MoC straight after purge and SOS, Demessing a fg when u facing mids and moik is spamming all his shit on you is hell on earth,
3:Don't let grp members piss you off with ther qq, EVER , then barding gets stressful :p

Have fun barding is a laugh :m00: :m00:

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
47music, 43 nurture, 16 regro.

It's the druids' job to keep people alive, if they can't do it, you won't be able to either.

sphir

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:

It's the druids' job to keep people alive, if they can't do it, you won't be able to either.

lol

Mutoria

Fledgling Freddie
its useful for bards to have good healing, often im just in little groups - so no druids, and the bard having that extra reg helps alot.

Leroli

Fledgling Freddie
I would say that the 33reg 43nurt and 37music spec is beter at interupting then the 47music one.

cus the lvl36 aoe mezz cost less power and thus you can spam it more then a bard that spams the lvl43 one ;)

Rauno

Fledgling Freddie
both specs are good.. only thing the 33 reg .. spec is missing is radius on ae insta but you can heal for 700+ whit good templet, rox if you duo alot.

Guinever

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:

Always useful to have a 3rd healer, it actually helps so dun Diss it KAY?!!!!!!!
:p

Rauno I doubt u would be able to heal over 700+, I have 34 on my bard screw insta ae mezz :p but I heat for around 440

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
with + reg, and a bit of healing bonus I hit about 690 but that's with a 37 spec heal though.

Chiefthunder

Fledgling Freddie
Been bard for like 3 years now :

47music 16reg 43nurt

That's what I am , I was 21 blunt at one time and I owned rangers so easy hehe, but that was pre-toa...arti's propably pwn ME now ^^

To be honest,...i'll retire chief propably when next expansion comes out and everyone wil be riding horses...we'll all be fired as taxi then >.< 'we still need bards to mezz" most people say...but a whole class tuned down to 1 spell is rediculous...heck, I get my rps rezzing dead hibs next to a fop most of the time...mezz is fine but doesn't pay my rent :p

give bard love >.<

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
bards arn't just needed for speed anyway. Many casters have speed so i wouldn't invite a bard for the sole reason of having speed.

bards will still be much needed for end as well as mezz.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Battlebard specs are fun if a little challenging.

39 blades, 23 nur, 44 music, 18 reg. at the mo.

Casters are no problems, stealthers own me without ip2, pure tanks i just kite n hybrids are generally a pain in the neck.

Don't listen to this you hit for nothing crap. You'll easily cap 200+ damage using positions on casters n cloth users. Fz n mezz alows u to easily pull 5 positions off n if ur a master of strafting, well, even better.

Rauno

Fledgling Freddie
Guinever said:
Always useful to have a 3rd healer, it actually helps so dun Diss it KAY?!!!!!!!
:p

Rauno I doubt u would be able to heal over 700+, I have 34 on my bard screw insta ae mezz :p but I heat for around 440

do u have 25% heal bonus in your i dont think so, mr know all and i was like rr9 when i tested that spec and but +11reg also in temp and i healed over 700+crits, only useful when you duo tho.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Bugz said:
Battlebard specs are fun if a little challenging.

39 blades, 23 nur, 44 music, 18 reg. at the mo.

Casters are no problems, stealthers own me without ip2, pure tanks i just kite n hybrids are generally a pain in the neck.

Don't listen to this you hit for nothing crap. You'll easily cap 200+ damage using positions on casters n cloth users. Fz n mezz alows u to easily pull 5 positions off n if ur a master of strafting, well, even better.

oO What temp where you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom