Quest macro exploit?!

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
From The Camelot Herald

"In addition to the usual handful of cheaters we ban every morning, we tossed out a heap more this morning - those who exploited the quest macro cheat. Once is an accident, twice is confirming, and the cretin who used it a hundred and eighty three times is so, so banned. Don't let the door hit you on the way to the message boards! Kiss!

To everyone else, thanks for your patience during the exploit fix (which is what 1.82B was, BTW, that's why yesterday's patch notes appear to be out of order)."

--

can anyone explain to me what this quest macro thingie is about? Is it like when I do LSoA and make a ingame macro called "/s recover the stone gwyddneau this" ? Because then I should've been permabanned 500 years ago :O

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
Jimmi said:
From The Camelot Herald

"In addition to the usual handful of cheaters we ban every morning, we tossed out a heap more this morning - those who exploited the quest macro cheat. Once is an accident, twice is confirming, and the cretin who used it a hundred and eighty three times is so, so banned. Don't let the door hit you on the way to the message boards! Kiss!

To everyone else, thanks for your patience during the exploit fix (which is what 1.82B was, BTW, that's why yesterday's patch notes appear to be out of order)."

--

can anyone explain to me what this quest macro thingie is about? Is it like when I do LSoA and make a ingame macro called "/s recover the stone gwyddneau this" ? Because then I should've been permabanned 500 years ago :O

What are u exploiting by doing that? I doubt it is that very much. More like a quest u could do over and over and get xp each time

Mr Trade

Fledgling Freddie
Its a Hibernian quest from catacombs called Brother's Keeper, people were getting 4,500,000,000 xp at lvl 49, people were getting from 40-50 kinda quick.

It was abused on Mordred but i assume anyone from hib rvr can also do this, they also alot of money for this bugged quest, 1 person had about 180 plat.

I dont know how it was abused and tbh i not even tried the quest so manybe there is no macro abuse... http://camelot.allakhazam.com/quests.html?cquest=2111

if your interested then check out VN

Baron

Fledgling Freddie
I know its a bug abuse to climb on the ruins in AC
but is it an abuse to climb on the ruins around Beno4?

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
it can't be - its too easy and i've done it a few times to see whats about...

been killed by a hunter who followed me up there once too, but hey ho :D

Mr Trade

Fledgling Freddie
Infanity said:
What exactly was the bug ?

scroll up....or just move your eyes down a bit

Mr Trade said:
Its a Hibernian quest from catacombs called Brother's Keeper, people were getting 4,500,000,000 xp at lvl 49, people were getting from 40-50 kinda quick.

It was abused on Mordred but i assume anyone from hib rvr can also do this, they also alot of money for this bugged quest, 1 person had about 180 plat.

I dont know how it was abused and tbh i not even tried the quest so manybe there is no macro abuse... http://camelot.allakhazam.com/quests.html?cquest=2111

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Taken from this thread on VN

Apparently there was a quest that you could /whisper the final message to the quest giver, and get quest credit (xp and gold) over and over again. So people would macro the /whisper and have at it.

Anyone with half a brain would realize right away that this is an exploit. Bugs will always exist in the game; when we find them, we're supposed to report them, not exploit them.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
i see emergency fix and banning of stupid people incomming on Europe after this thread

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Already fixed on EU if I am not mistaken.
I know which quest it is and it doesn't work here :(
Could get from level 42 to 50 in like 10 minutes by doing this.

Tilda

Infanity chill out, its been explained enough, iirc its EU-fixed.
No need to be so rude.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
Infanity chill out, its been explained enough, iirc its EU-fixed.
No need to be so rude.
Was just wondering how it was done exactly, due to someone talking about something simmilar with what i think is a different quest.

The reason i was rude is the guy was being a cocky tit.

Mr Trade

Fledgling Freddie
Infanity said:
Was just wondering how it was done exactly, due to someone talking about something simmilar with what i think is a different quest.

and you were being an idiot who could not follow my instructions

Mr Trade said:

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Infanity said:

And you're being a **** ;d

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom