Quality Soundcard

S

Summo

Now I have a decent amp and speakers, I need a decent soundcard. The quality is only as good as the output, or whatever.

I currently have a bog-standard Creative 512 PCI and I need a nicer one to produce a quality sound, preferably with RCA output (thanks, Scoob).

The only card I've seen that seems to fit the bill is the Creative Audigy 2 Platinum which has a separate 5" drive bay with RCA output, but I'd rather have it built-in and I'm not fussed about 5.1 sound. I certainly don't want to pay £150.

I guess ultimately the RCA is a luxury and I suspect there aren't any cards with this as standard, but can anyone recommend a good, quality soundcard, preferably for well under £100?

W

Will

The separate drive is actually very handy, I have it with an Audigy, and it's just...well, it's good, deal with it.

M

MYstIC G

Audigys come in 2 vers iirc, one with the internal drive bay & one with an external drive addon.

P

PR.

I would say the Audigy 2. I have the Audigy which has the 3.5mm leads to phonos which go to my HiFi. I've never noticed any problem doing it this way.

Digital Out --> Sub and Center Speakers (analog out)
Rear Out ----> Rear Left/Right
Front Out ---> Front Left/Right

You can always get the Audigy 2 and it you fancy the box buy it seperately (costs more tho')

H

Happy Go Lucky

I confused what the digital out is for, I've just got a live 1024 model ct4830. According to manual I can connect to digital speakers, does that include inspire 5.1 digital 5500 speakers, as I believe this snd card was a 4.1 card. ???

If I connect some 4.1 speakers where does the sub go, as part of the front? Can I connect all the 4.1 speakers to digital out like the fps 1600 range?

The manual says I need a minijack to din cable to connect to digital speakers, so what goes goes in there without it?

I haven't bought new speakers yet so I don't know?

T

throdgrain

I have an internal Audigy 1 and its always been fine :)

P

PR.

The Audigy has the ability to use the Digital output as an analog channel for Sub and Center speaker

Users who are viewing this thread