quality lvl of crafted items

S

Shamarinor

Can someone please clarify if quality of the item being crafted is related to the crafters skill?

I was told last night that i was talking rubbish when i suggested this.

Just curious :)

O

old.Hendrick

This is actually a very weird kind of system. I have had 90% quality iron shortswords, as well as 99% adamantium jambiyas or 100% asterite lochaber axes. It seems very random to me, but I also get the feeling that things which are orange to you generally do not get as high quality as green to yellow stuff.

E

Elvewen

All crafted items are between 90 - 100% quality (thought I think in 1.50 the minimum has been raised to 94%)

You stand a better chance of making a higher quality item if it is Gray than when it is Yellow.

I think (insert flame here) that you can ONLY make a materpeice if it is gray...

This is from experiance

Reds - 90 - 93%
Orange - 90 - 95%
Yellow - 90 - 98%
Blue - 90 - 99%
Gray - 90 - 100%

But I must state this is only from experiance with a 500 Tailor and a 500 Fletcher.

A

Alrindel

You must have 50 points more than the minimum skill to make an item to have any chance of making a masterpiece.

The new 94% quality minimum - introduced in the 1.50 patch - applies only to crafters over 1000 in skill.

I'm a 669 weaponcrafter and have never made a 100% quality weapon. Tons of 99s, and half a dozen "masterpiece" components (sword blades, hammer hafts) but never a whole weapon. :(

E

Elvewen

Originally posted by Alrindel
I'm a 669 weaponcrafter and have never made a 100% quality weapon. Tons of 99s, and half a dozen "masterpiece" components (sword blades, hammer hafts) but never a whole weapon. :(

I have made about 3 materpiece armour pieces.

And interestingly enough a masterpeice set of arrows :)

Arrows DO actually have a quality (though hidden from view) and crafter items DO hit for more damage than store ones. They follow the same quatilty rules as normal weapons.

So support your crafters and kill more things

O

old.Hendrick

The masterpiece asterite lochaber axe I am referring to was blue to me at that time.

E

Elvewen

Originally posted by old.Hendrick
The masterpiece asterite lochaber axe I am referring to was blue to me at that time.

Ahh well that scuppers MY gray theory then :)

E

Elric IA

I was told last night that i was talking rubbish when i suggested this

This is correct to some extent.

When an item is grey to make you have an equal chance of getting a 90% item as a 99% item with a small chance of getting a 100% master piece (1 in 50 I think therefore 2%). Therefore, the chance to make an item of of a specific quality of between 90-99% is 9.8%

When people say ' I want a sword at least 97% quality' they do not realise that i probably have a 29.6% chance of making it at grey (9.8% chance of 97% + 9.8% chance of 98% + 9.8% chance of 99% + 0.2% chance of 100%).

I believe, from both experience and what I have read on the web that if the weapon/armour does not con grey then the maximum quality you can make is reduced. I know that on blues I have had up to 97% but never higher and yellows the odd 94% with oranges being 93% (I never try reds on primary skills but may occasionally have a secondary skill item, such as a hit, to make which is red).

So if I get asked to make cobalt weapons, I know that I can make anything and have the chances of 90% the same as 99%. However, medium carbide weapons I know I can never make above a certain quality.

I have also read about minimum quality being increased to 94% on player crafted in later patches. This will be good for consignments as it will increase the profits made (you get paid on tasks according to the item quality).

O

old.Hendrick

I say again: Blue lochaber axe - 100% quality. I also get the feeling that I get my best quality in the adamantium/asterite range at the moment, with me being at skill 880 and adamantium/asterite items ranging from 600-815 skill.

A

Alrindel

Originally posted by Celtic Dreams
I have also read about minimum quality being increased to 94% on player crafted in later patches. This will be good for consignments as it will increase the profits made (you get paid on tasks according to the item quality).
The "94% minimum quality" only applies to crafters who have over 1000 skill, long after they are finished consignment tasks. ;)

S

Shamarinor

Originally posted by Shamarinor
Can someone please clarify if quality of the item being crafted is related to the crafters skill?

I was told last night that i was talking rubbish when i suggested this.

So, at the end of the day, he was right:D i was talking rubbish;)

Thanks for the info :)

S

Smartypants

Re: Re: quality lvl of crafted items

Originally posted by Shamarinor

So, at the end of the day, he was right:D i was talking rubbish;)

Thanks for the info :)

Eh, no... He was not right, and you were not talking rubbish, which I think a few of the posts in this thread have tried to explain (or did I miss something here...?).

The higher the skill of the crafter, the higher the chance of making high quality (close to 100%) stuff. And you need to have at least 50 (I think it is) above the required skill for a certain item, to have a chance of making a masterpiece (100%).

Clarification: When ppl on this thread are writing about the colour of an item, they do NOT mean the con-colour for you, the user of this item. They mean the colour it has for the crafter in the crafting window.

Example: I have 430-something in fletching, and if I want to make footed flight bodkin arrows, they will require a skill of 390. In the fletching window they will appear as green to me, meaning pretty easy to make...

OK? :)

A

Alrindel

But to also clarify, a 650 weaponcrafter doesn't have a better chance of making a masterpiece quartz falcata than a 300 weaponcrafter - in fact the 300 smith could produce a 99% one and the 650 smith could produce a 90% one. EXCEPT after the 1.50 patch, whereby 1000+ smiths will always produce 94% minimum quality.

So to summarize, sometimes the weaponcrafter's level makes a difference and sometimes it doesn't. Clear? :rolleyes:

S

Shamarinor

LOL, i wish i had never started this, it's hurting my head...so, at the end of the day, it's random....glad we got that sorted out :D

A

Alrindel

Basically the rule of thumb is to find out what the target skill is for the item you want, and then try to find a crafter who has at least 50 higher. If you want a weapon that is 415 to make, then every crafter from 465 to 999 has exactly the same (random) chance to make between 90% and 100% quality. But someone with 420 would only be able to manage 94% or 95% maximum.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Alrindel
The new 94% quality minimum - introduced in the 1.50 patch - applies only to crafters over 1000 in skill.

Nope- applies to everything.

You're thinking of the even chance for 94-99% :)

Below 1000 you get 94% minimum but it's a bell curve up to 99

at grandmaster you suddenly become far more likely to make the higher quality stuff no matter the con.

Users who are viewing this thread