Quality, it does matter, (worth a read, explanations inside)

A

Aeiedil

Right, so effective dps, surely its just quality*dps*con?

By this reckoning at level 30 :

the dps cap = 30/3 = 10dps

that cap can be reached with a dps 10 100% qua\con weapon, or going on the information above it should be reachable with a dps 11.2 89%qua 100%con weapon

this is incorrect

the ONLY way to cap you dps is by having a weapon at 100% quality, unfortunatly the dps is capped BEFORE effective dps is calculated

this means that from the 11.2, only 10 would be used as the dps value at level 10, and it would only class as a dps 10 89% qua weapon

HOEWVER the dps 10 weapon woudl class as a dps 10 100% weapon

this then results in extra damage that you would not have had :)

this may have been known but even so it might have needed clarifieing. this all boils down to the fact that crafters are needed unless you can reliably get weapons of 100% quality :(

G

Gekul

hmm, didn't know that. That means I'm not actually hitting for my damage cap :(

A

Aeiedil

tell me about it, this came after looking around yesterday, found it on the herald

this was after choosing between coruscating truesilver and aibles claw at a loss of (i thought) about 0.3 dps to gain a proc

looks like i chose right, aibles claw = 100% and 12.8 dps (im level 39), and the other one was 89% and watever :(

S

SFXman

Interesting... but where the hell does an Albion scout get 100% quality magical drops.
Then again I could just get some crafted stuff.

O

old.Hendrick

Please keep in mind that 100% quality is very rare. I am now a 600+ weaponcrafter and I think I have produced 1-2 100% items, normally way under my maximum skill. While we crafters always have quality of 90%+, 100% is only seldom reached. On a good day I build weapons equaling my skill on around 92-95%. While I know that all of you wish for the best equipment possible, I sometimes get annoyed when people keep pestering me about "What qual?" - "I want 100% qual" etc. Making weapons (and armor) is expensive, and normally you can not expect a crafter to try 3-4 or even more times until his weapon reaches a quality that suits you. This can only be asked for when the crafter is currently powerskilling on exactly that item, and then gladly done, if you have the patience to wait or place your order in time. Crafters can not guarantee 100% quality, tho we would love to. Please remember that. We are trying our best and we spend days at the very nice and beautiful forge:puke: to provide you with the best equipment possible.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Hendrick
Please keep in mind that 100% quality is very rare. I am now a 600+ weaponcrafter and I think I have produced 1-2 100% items, normally way under my maximum skill. While we crafters always have quality of 90%+, 100% is only seldom reached. On a good day I build weapons equaling my skill on around 92-95%. While I know that all of you wish for the best equipment possible, I sometimes get annoyed when people keep pestering me about "What qual?" - "I want 100% qual" etc. Making weapons (and armor) is expensive, and normally you can not expect a crafter to try 3-4 or even more times until his weapon reaches a quality that suits you. This can only be asked for when the crafter is currently powerskilling on exactly that item, and then gladly done, if you have the patience to wait or place your order in time. Crafters can not guarantee 100% quality, tho we would love to. Please remember that. We are trying our best and we spend days at the very nice and beautiful forge:puke: to provide you with the best equipment possible.
From now on I will just ask for 90-95% quality (if 95% is possible for the item I require) so I wont annoy the crafters as it seems to be very hard to get that 100%.
Still a 90-95% quality with enchantments is quite nice already as Aeiedil has proven.

PS: Aeiedil your name is somehow very hard to remember :) Confusing to pronounce especially :D

O

old.Tartanyak

I think the odds of getting a masterpiece, a 100% quality item, are something like 1 in 100. I know I very rarely manage it, and still keep my first masterpiece for good luck.

W

Wij

I've only ever done masterpiece arrows, not a bow. Pretty useless really :)

G

Gekul

You succesfully make Rough Clout Blunt arrows!
It's a masterpiece!

F

Flimgoblin

You only ever get masterpieces on things that are grey (i.e. 50 or more below your crafting skill)
It might even be 100 below crafting skill...

also the quality you get is dependent on how hard it is ... if its orange then I think its 90-94%... if you get it to blue/green/grey it gets much better (up to 99% or even masterpieces)

Not sure on the exact quality, but if yer crafting yellow stuff you'll be rare to get over 95%.

As for getting crafters to keep crafting... I think when I'm actually getting to a decent level of crafting I'll give this offer:

If you want repeated attempts to get a high quality - each failed attempt (too low quality) you get for 1.01 times cost price..., the final one you pay the usual price for (it varies between 80% and 90% of the merchant prices).
So if you have the moolah you can get a better quality weapon...

(The 0.01 profit on the failed attempts is to stop some gimp demanding I try 100000 times :) and blocking all the other customers)

Of course you get the failed attempts along with your spiffy 99% or whatever weapon... (so you can make back some of the cash or give to guildmates or whatever)

What do people think of this deal?

A

Aeiedil

id say it sounds alright, then again i cant afford to have someone make a nice weapon again and again ;)

D

Danya

Luckily for me I'm still in the magical 100% drops zone that I have been in since about level 15... Need those new materials for better stuff :rolleyes:

O

old.Hendrick

If I gain skill from making the weapon and the person asks nicely/is a friend, then I sometimes agree on giving it a few more tries. When doing consignments you will get rid of the stuff anyway, and after 650 you have no choice than to burn money on the craft.

People just have to wait for me to finish it then. When doing lower level weapons I usually dont have the patience for more than one try.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by fingoniel
You only ever get masterpieces on things that are grey (i.e. 50 or more below your crafting skill)
It might even be 100 below crafting skill...

also the quality you get is dependent on how hard it is ... if its orange then I think its 90-94%... if you get it to blue/green/grey it gets much better (up to 99% or even masterpieces)

Not sure on the exact quality, but if yer crafting yellow stuff you'll be rare to get over 95%.

As for getting crafters to keep crafting... I think when I'm actually getting to a decent level of crafting I'll give this offer:

If you want repeated attempts to get a high quality - each failed attempt (too low quality) you get for 1.01 times cost price..., the final one you pay the usual price for (it varies between 80% and 90% of the merchant prices).
So if you have the moolah you can get a better quality weapon...

(The 0.01 profit on the failed attempts is to stop some gimp demanding I try 100000 times :) and blocking all the other customers)

Of course you get the failed attempts along with your spiffy 99% or whatever weapon... (so you can make back some of the cash or give to guildmates or whatever)

What do people think of this deal?
Hehe nice idea fingoniel. See how it'll work and tell us :D

F

Flimgoblin

Will do - finally made it to 400 last night ... so I might start getting some customers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom