QuakeWorld News in the UK??

C

cenobite

Just wondering if anyone was interested in having a QuakeWorld news site. I personally would'nt really be bothered but I know alot of people are still heavily into QW. The reason I ask is that I have a URL and also hosting that could be used for nowt. Also PHP Nuke is installed on the server or if someone really wanted to go for it they could put there own code up.

Anyone think this would be something they would want to take part in or help with? I would not be doing anything with respect to news. QuakeNation covers some QW news but im guessing alot of other stuff happens that people would want to report on with respect to qw?

So what you all think. . .

H

HangTime

Sadly I think a UK QW news site would be rather bereft of content :) QW has become very continental now, at least in the clan scene. Most clans play as many games on foreign servers as they do in the UK nowadays, and lets be honest beyond the clan scene there isnt really much to report.

I guess there could be some coverage of how UK teams are progressing in leagues like NQR and Smackdown4, duel/2v2 leagues, player movements and stuff. Couple this with some columns and a few demos and there might be something worth visiting. General QW development stuff could be announced too, like new versions of mvdsv, ktpro and mqwcl/sdclient.

I could contribute some content but not a great deal. Even if a few people get on board it's quite possible posting would trail off once the novelty wears off.

C

cenobite

Currently the url points to the kteams site but its http://www.quakeworld.org.uk/ not the best I admit but well it suffices. If people want anthing on there then thats cool with me as QW was my 2nd online game and the one I played the longest so anything that can be done to allow it to go on then cool.

Hangtime you seem to have hit the ideal way to do this. Since other sites might not focus on things like that it may be the ideal place to do this. May not mind you and this may be a pointless idea :eek:

Novelty value is always the issue with web sites and it is a toughy usually you need one person that is always going to be posting, ala bif at QN. Who knows eh :confused:

O

old.sheep0r

I would certainly contribute to such a site...
Obviously content wouldn't be huge; but i think there is enough to have a small, but useful news site covering qw. Sd4 and nqr don't get alot of outside commentary etc, and just general summaries or reports are lacking bar the very breif ones included in match reports or news updates on those websites...

B

bigfoot

You are more than welcome to use QN, oldman was posting some stuff on there but he's gone a bit quiet (although maybe its cos there's not much news in the QW scene ;p).

O

oldman

im saving off in the anticipation of finally being able to post:

BARRYSWORLD IN KTPRO UPDATE SHOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom