QuakeWorld at BW

C

cenobite

Ok,

QW configs are being revamped and now is the time to speak about what should be changed. I will be updating Kteam and kteam FFA no doubt with some small changes. So if you want any settings/maps changed then let us know in ere.

Ceno

O

old.andy?

FFA first: increase maxplayers, 8 is really low :( I want a huuuuuge map cycle with all those dumb epi maps as well. And some new custom maps of course. Give us a "vote option" so the players can decide to skip a map if more than 50% don't like the map. Let us bunny hop better. The current mod doesn't let me bunnyhop as quick as i'm used to.

Duel: Give us a damn elect+kick option! It's so fucking gay when i want to duel with my friend and someone enters and just doesn't drop although we want a 1-1. Of course all other servers are full.

spikes: not much that needs to be fixed but give the server an elect option and kick option as well. And change the admin code to something which is not known by everyone :)

C

cenobite

NO bunnyhopping is due to ID's shambolic coding :eek: This was fixed in Kteams and will be in put on BW FFA when i do the mod.

Elect+kick : Once we move over to Kteam 2.20 (or higher) you will have these options.

Admin codes will change so only liasons and BW Staff know them. No need for others to have them.

H

HangTime

- "Admin codes will change so only liasons and BW Staff know them. No need for others to have them."
i would ask that if this is done, mastermode is disabled. even if admin election is enabled, if there is only 1 person on the server he cannot do stuff (eg change map) if mastermode is on by default.

as regards the ffa server, i personally find smaller maps are much more fun to play... custom maps like ztndmX, aerowalk, bless etc as well as dm2/dm4/dm6. imo the player limit is ok as it is, anymore than 10 would b too many imo..... about 1yr ago the maxclients was increased to 11 for a bit and it pretty much ruined quality maps like ztndm3 with the amount of spamming and camping it promoted. with votable map changing including some larger maps shouldnt b too much of a problem if thats what ppl want.

id also really like to see the qwsv's at BW have the qizmo nailhack applied. we did some testing the other nite and found on bw i could make my ping go over 250 with sngs, yet on wireplay (nailhacked) it never went over about 80. it really does make a difference. also the server should b upgraded to version 2.33-0005 imo, it may b unoffical but no probs have been discovered with it afaik.

enabling forcekick on the tp servers is a must... as the bw bookable servers are on a gamespy master u can end up with all kind of newbies/twats (read: americans) joining in, and forcestart isnt always satisfactory. as admins would have to b elected, there would b no problems of idiots gaining admin and kicking ppl 'for a laff'

O

old.Spliffy

you could have a vote for maps in here, to see which ones should be added or taken off.
there are alot of custom maps around but its just getin people to play new maps which is hard. Maybe just adding 3 or 4 would be good.
about the maxclients its ok the way it is maybe raise it by 1 because theres no point overloading maps and ruining them. As hangtime said about ztndm3 about spamming etc.

O

old.Spliffy

-"Give us a "vote option" so the players can decide to skip a map if more than 50% don't like the map."

when the latest version of kteams was run on ffa with "vote option" i think it ruined it, if some1 was wining maps cause they were playin well other players would be gay and vote for a map change for no reason other than they were geting beat.

C

cenobite

Well it would be possible to do a 'For BW' ffa mod with ability to change maxclients based on the map. Problem with this is that if you change levels who does it know to kick?

Voting on a new map rotation is possible and i Dont see why people cant just say what they want map wise in here? After all, thats what this is all about.

O

old.EmryS

Ok, taking the risk that this will start some kind of "nah, that's a shit map" vs. "that map rocks" debate *cough*, here are my personal preferences for ffa maps:

Current maps:

DM2: yes, rocks
DM3: nah, suks (for ffa)
E4M3: quad anyone? far too spammy
ZTNDM3: love it, and most of this series
UK2: hmmm, keep it now that twinks off :p

Other cool maps (imo):

DM6: 0wns
E1M7: heh, slap meh!
The Forge: remember this?
UK5: shutup, I like it.
E1M2: good
E2M1: good, too

There's lot of other 'episode' maps that I really like, but I'm at work and quakeless so you'll just have to wait 'til I get home, missus.

Disclaimer: these are my FFA choices, so don't be a monkee and tell me these are crap TP maps eh?

O

old.VendAr

OMG this is really tempting me back to QW :eek:)

------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom