PC Master Race Quake Champions

dRUMuk

Regular Freddie
Quake champions..

Champions of what? Quake obviously. Being lucky enough to have creamed my pants at Quake and her bastard offspring the first time around; I never anticipated her diluting the DNA with TF2. We all know a mongrel is healthier than a pure breed? But some breeds are just perfect as is? id with all your infinite wisdom I don’t need you to announce Quake is a champion, you gave us Quake and it made champions. Some might argue us old champions are a little bit nostalgic, you might be right? (The irony of paying top dollar for a gfx card only to switch it all off for net play) At 43 I am less likely to put in hour upon hour of gameplay to fine tune the l33t skills as I did at 28. I also have reason to believe failing eyesight and glasses is not conducive for cutting edge E sports! Although that Freeman bloke always seemed to pull it off.....

Quake Chumpions?

Let’s hope not.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Too much incoherent emotion in that post to respond to ;)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well it sounded good until I read...

"That said, there are different characters, and Willits shared the names and abilities of a few of them:

• Ranger - Sports a throwable teleporter that you can warp to while it's in flight.
  • Visor - His piercing sight ability allows you to see enemy combatants through walls for a brief period of time.
  • Scalebearer - His Bull Rush ability allows him to quickly close distance to, and maul enemy combatants.
  • Nyx - Her Ghost Walk ability allows her to temporarily turn invisible so she can escape, or re-engage an enemy from unexpected angles.
  • Anarki - Sports a hoverboard, which appeared to make him faster than the other characters. This seems like it would make him the obvious choice in a game like Quake, so maybe there's some downside we don't know of yet."

The characters have abilities, that's fucking shit.

Syri

FH is my second home
So basically, it's Quake does Overwatch/Team Fortress, rather than Quake...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So basically, it's Quake does Overwatch/Team Fortress, rather than Quake...

Basically.. it's fucking shit, you're just going to get people all humping the same 'hero' with the best mobility since Quake is generally about map control.. what a shit design choice.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Gah. Without some change it'd simply be the same game with better graphics. I'm happy to give that a bit of a chance.

At least the maps aren't going be limited by fucking console controllers and design. It's PC-exclusive:

ea7c5b57dd58aced8f6de1593862001aa9ddfd550a216662ce904f2526cdf570.gif

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
ooo, got a closed beta invite - shall keep you posted if its any good.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Oh server is online, I think their login server must be getting absolutely hammered because it just says Loading forever lol.

Edit: figures! /shakes fist

asdasdadasdsadadada.png

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just had one quick game and all I can say is - It's Quake III with better graphics, feels literally like I'm playing Q3, Bethesda have done a smashing job on it.

Gets a thumbs up for me

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just had one quick game and all I can say is - It's Quake III with better graphics, feels literally like I'm playing Q3, Bethesda have done a smashing job on it.

Gets a thumbs up for me
No browser plugins this time I hope!

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
2 keys available for closed beta

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I had already given one by the time any of you replied. Flipped on it, Silverhood got it. Sorry Big G.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I had already given one by the time any of you replied. Flipped on it, Silverhood got it. Sorry Big G.

Thanks for key bud. I've been playing around with it, not entirely sure what to think. It plays like Q3, but with classes. Right now they seem mostly cosmetic, but only played for 4-5 hours properly. The pace is somewhere between fast and very fast. A system shock when you're used to Overwatch and Rainbow Six.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well, after playing it for a bit and getting the swing of Quake again I can simple relay this song to my victims.

dRUMuk

Regular Freddie
I've struggled with it, when your lucky enough to get on a server. Overwatch vs QC no holds barred showdown. Overwatch wins imo.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Quake Champions just isn't quake in my eyes, they've tried to copy overwatch with the abilities thing and it just hasn't worked. Quake Champions will be dead within months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom