Quake 4

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
Activision have released more details on Quake 4. From the sound of it we can expect teamwork to play a big part.

QUAKE 4 Updated Info.

Earth is under siege by an alien race. The Strogg are cybernetic warriors--a mechanical frame and decaying body parts stabilized by flesh consumed in a systematic annihilation of other species and civilizations. In a desperate attempt to survive a Strogg attack on Earth, an armada of Earth's finest warriors is sent to take the battle to the Strogg home planet. Earth's initial assault force is nearly annihilated immediately, but one marine manages to infiltrate the base, bring down their planetary defense systems, and kill the Strogg's collective brain and leader--the Makron. Earth assumed the destruction of the Makron would end it all, but it didn't.

That's where QUAKE II leaves off and QUAKE 4 begins.

The Strogg are quickly regrouping. However, with the Strogg’s planetary defenses still destroyed, Earth's forces can deliver a full and final assault. This time, you're not alone. You are Matthew Kane, an elite member of Rhino Squad, and part of Earth’s next invasion wave. An army of soldiers are fighting with you and an arsenal of weapons and vehicles are at your disposal in this heroic and epic battle between worlds.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
This had better be NOTHING like Doom 3 :eek:

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
So, robo-zombies in space - space which is, of course, quite dark ... laser-flashlights ahoy then.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Is it just me or is "strogg" the worst baddie name EVER.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
I wish iD would come up with at least some original ideas... instead of these poor storylines which you know have been done thousands of times... strogg sounds vaguely familar to borg. You dont even have to be a startrek fan to know wtf they are.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Actually ID in a recent interview said they were working on a whole new IP.

But being ID I suspect it will be a FPS with big guns in Space, shooting monsters, not that I don't like the ID games I love them but they are more or less the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom