Quake 4 Website

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
The Quake 4 website is now live. Feast your eyes on the latest Quake game and prepare to take arms to defeat the barbaric Strogg horde.

weevil

Fledgling Freddie
that is a CRACKING website, hopefully it will be behind a CRACKING game

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Looks like Doom3, and absolutely nothing new?

Ono

Part of the furniture
Looking forward to this - even though I have yet to finish HL2, Doom III and Far Cry.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
is it me or is this quake 2 with a reverse twist?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Pretty much, but I liked quake 2

TdC

so did I. the flies most of all!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
weevil said:
that is a CRACKING website, hopefully it will be behind a CRACKING game

That is a FUCKING AWFUL website, that breaks about every good design rule in the book, you can't even get into it unless you allow popups ffs.

I liked Quake, and (probably unlike a lot of the hard-core in these parts) was a big fan of Arena and Team Arena, but I'm kind of "meh" about this; maybe because I found Doom III such a disappointment.

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
People keeping mentioning doom3, but q4 is not going to be anything like doom3, why would it? It's the same graphics engine, the similarities end there. It's a Quake game - it's all there in the name. It will be elite.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Chameleon said:
People keeping mentioning doom3, but q4 is not going to be anything like doom3, why would it? It's the same graphics engine, the similarities end there. It's a Quake game - it's all there in the name. It will be elite.

Probably because people know its the same developer? And the problem is that Doom III concentrated on the eye-candy too much and not enough on the gameplay, so when all you've got to go on for Q4 are some spiffy videos and screenshots people are bound to be cautious.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Looking good, I loved the orginal Quake, but didn't really like Q2, the bosses were cool though. Q3 was 'meh' I was a UT man. Hopefully the website is not a basis on how the game will be, you would think they could do a bit better than that.

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
DaGaffer said:
Probably because people know its the same developer? And the problem is that Doom III concentrated on the eye-candy too much and not enough on the gameplay, so when all you've got to go on for Q4 are some spiffy videos and screenshots people are bound to be cautious.
All you've got to go on for Q4 is, quake1, 2 and 3 tbh ;)
Doom 3 did exactly what it said on the tin. It wasn't rubbish at what it was trying to do, it's just that lots of people didn't like what it was trying to do. They are different things.
Hm yeah I didn't like Q2 so much either, Q3 ..... omg I so hope this one is something like Q3 :D

Sar

Part of the furniture
I'm counting on it being Q3 with slightly different weapons and shiny new clothes tbh. :)

I've already started up the Q4 branch of PR^, and we'll be recruiting externally soon - we already have 9 players wanting to play! :D

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
Ah excellent stuff, I'm chuffed PR^ will be competing again, just like the good old days of Q3. Damn, we had some gg's in that battle for div2 obscurity ;) BoP are planning to continue into Q4 too, fingers crossed! Hope we see lots more of the old clans back in action :)
Q3 with new clothes heheh, know what you mean and also hope it's heavily influenced by the q3 speed and style :D

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Hopefully it will be influenced by q2, not crappy q3 :)

(It will still be a failure either way mind you, r_makeeverythingblackandwhite 1 is sooooo past it :) )

Sar

Part of the furniture
Aye, it's definitely Q3-inspired throddy, even Hollenshead has said it's basically Q3 tarted up :p

Been getting some practice in on Q3 over the past few days - rail accuracy is slowly creeping up to the 40% level again. Not too bad after 2 years off :)

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Ah crap. BoP and PR^ back on the scene ... I'm not going back to iNf, we always got a kicking. When you could arsed showing up that is :)

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
mwahahah come on, it wouldnt be the same without inferno ;) Ahh those were the days - that bonkers savage league, playing 6v6ctf on the original and best q3wctf1. Shame Barrysworld are still running the quake leagues, they were the best.
Maz our channel bot still has a famous quote from you about the savage council running in a field in wales, picking random decisions out of a pink ghey hat ;p

Sar

Part of the furniture
Savage was always shite tbh.

Gwan Maz! You know you want it!

:D

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I expect the multiplayer will be about as good as Q3. I.E. above average.

The single-player will probably suck, just like Doom 3. "Gotta make use of teh pwetty shadow FX by hiding EVEYTHING !!!1"

(and my PC won't handle it :()

TdC

the m04n is strong in this one....

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Seeing as I enjoyed q3 mp much more than q2, I'm quite looking forward to this.

*memories of the q3 demo and unreal tournament demo being played in every computer lab at uni*

Yaka

Part of the furniture
q3a with insta gib was nifty. tho i got me arse handed to me by some bw regulars:/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom