Quake 4 or Quake Wars?

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
This is not about which is going to be the best product, it's asking which in your opinion will be the most popular with a playing public, given what we have read so far. Granted very little information is about, just humor the question for the moment from a fan perspective.

Look at what each aims to be and decide which in your opinion will be the stronger in a clan / player capacity.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If Quake Wars is the one by Splash Damage, then I pick that.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Neither, it'll be a mod of both.

As long as they don't fk mod support up royally I'd love to see 3W and RA re-done and maybe.

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
I go with that, I would love to see Freeze Tag made for Quake 4, by all acounts it seems as though Quake Wars will be a team driven game from the outset, so on the strength of that I would say Quake Wars will have a much larger following from the word go. I could be wrong? If Quake Wars is set too be Quake influenced, team orientated play on a bigger scale, then we might see some old classics remade for QW. 3 Wave would be cool, TF, Jail Break also. Quake Wars will be the stronger candidate I think.

I must admit I am having a hard time seperating Quake 4 and Quake Wars outside of the obvious differences. Quake 4 being a SP game QW being a team game, does this mean that the development of mods will be driven by the initial influence of design? Or will there be an overlap that see's team based mods made for Quake 4 as well as Quake Wars?

If your in it for the long term, then team driven game seems a more solid bet, so would this fall into the realm of Quake Wars, or lets say would mod developers be more inclined to develop a team based modification with an already well established team orientated platform? or go with Quake 4?

I do not know what scope Raven have intended for Multiplay at all? but you see my point about an overlap?

ABD

Fledgling Freddie
From the (limited) information thats been released on QWars it would seem that it is basically BF2 set in the Quake 2 universe (apparently it is set during the initial strogg invasion).

Hopefully we'll see the same polished product that Splash Damage released with Wolf:ET, and if we do I'm almost certain it will be a massive success.

I presume the mod community will stick with Quake 4 though, so any FT, RA etc variations will more than likely appear on that.

As for seperating the two it really is quiet simple to classify as q4 = q3, qw=bf2, q4 being a solid deathmatch experience multiplayer (seeing a LOT of influence from q3) and QW being a solely multiplayer class based game with vehicles and typical BF fare.

However, there really isnt that much available information on QW atm to really make any strong comparisions further than what I just said.

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
Yep gotta agree with most of that. Q4 will be pure quake for the q3ers, get ctf, 3w, rocket arena and other classic mods. I can see them doing some good stuff with quake wars though, in mods like teamfortress and other class-based classics.

I can't wait!!! If even close to q3, they will both be excellent and undoubtedly take up too much of my time in equal measure :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom