Quake 3 Leagues?

N

Nightwing

Here's a topic to kick off this board ... what plans are there for, dare I say it, cooperation between the Q2 DM leagues and the UKCL etc to create the don Q3 leagues?

Or is everyone likely to go their own way? (no bad thing perhaps, I understand the Q2 players can't hack a game with team damage on
wink.gif

Nightwing

* This may be a joke, in fact if the top Q2 clans do still want no team damage, it probably will be quite a funny one
wink.gif

** This may also be a wind up, I should stop now... bye

D

Durzel

Given that most if not all of Q2 clans/leagues have been playing with a system of team damage off/armour protect off (ie. shots on teammates dont hurt them, but do take off armour) - I would imagine the response to a suggestion of suddenly changing to team damage ON would be greeted with disdain.
smile.gif

Daz.

------------------
Durzel
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams. We are the movers and shakers. Of the World forever, it seems.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

S

Shelob

USA q2 leagues have team damage on don't they?
Bout the only good idea to come outa da states.

A

ABards

Even Q2rs have to learn skillz sometime Durz
smile.gif

Anyway leageus are on the way Im sure

------------------

S

Skeeve

Imo, the most likely situation is the first seasons of the q3 incarnations of the qw and q2 leagues are likely to take place with teams just moving to the q3 incarnation of their existing league. Hopefully things will merge eventually.

The discussions about what tp setting could quite easily be rendered academic if id decide that we are only getting one style of teamplay in q3a.

E

Exocet

We play on the BW servers with teamdamage on, maybe not the best of ideas with Shovel on your team, but it means you have to consider plays before you perform them. Especially when you're caning around with the RL
smile.gif

[GA]
[KT] Exocet

T

Tharg

Yeah but the RL in Q2 is not much to talk about eh?
wink.gif

S

Speccy

Yawn!

Well, lets hope that the respectively leagues can compromise on game settings if they want to merge instead of the 'that league uses &lt;insert game setting here&gt; so they must be lame' comments that are in this thread - with or without
wink.gif
tagged on at the end.

R

Rumpy

Well as and Admin of the Savage League I've already approached my opposite numbers in the QW community with an eye to getting a nice little cooperative project up.

I'm heartily sick of the stupid attitude that QW is superior/ Q2 is superior. Both opinions are total bollocks spread by prejudiced cretins, they're Different Games FFS both have their good and bad bits and I for 1 don't give a monkeys what people play as long as when I play them I can get a good game
smile.gif
. I was given a copy of QW at the Fusion LP and the QW chaps helped me set it up, I enjoyed it as a game, I play Q2 as a preference, but I liked QW as well (never played it b4 btw).

I hope that Q3A is different from BOTH games so we can al learn a bit and adapt. I'd love to see the end of this stupid attitude from both camps
smile.gif

T

Teardrop

Here here Rumpy, been saying this for fucking ages...

Cheers
Stu

N

Nightwing

The team damage on/off argument is not a QW/Q2 issue.

It is a question of team coordination and skill. In the lower divisions it might be sensible to put team damage off, however at the highest level the teams should exhibit their higher level of skill.

As for the people moaning about
wink.gif
&lt;-- JOKE ... SENSE OF HUMOUR ... COMPRENDEZ? hehe

N

Nightwing

Well initially the leagues used to be teamplay 2, but some llamas couldn't hack it (presumably the ones that moved to Q2
wink.gif
) and it got changed to teamplay 3 for a short while. This didn't last too long since most of the players weren't too keen on spamming replacing skill.

I would be pretty disappointed if the major Q3 leagues tried to implement a team damage off option, a move which would almost certainly leave the UK lagging behind the rest of the world in skill at teamgames. After all it would be completely farcical for something like the World Deathmatch Tournament to use teamdamage off.

C

Comatosed

Were all QW players skilless llamas until last summer when the leagues switched to team damage on then?
wink.gif

I for one have been asking for Q2 players to consider team damage - unfortunately no-one is interested
frown.gif

C

Cenobite

GOod point nighwting about WDT, but remember the Euroquake Tourney used TP3. Lame as hell imo. The _ultimate_ Q2 tourney and they use lame ass rules. 9 were only clan for teamdamage everyone else didnt.

H

HangTime

i cant believe were even debating this ffs!

what kind of lo-life, no-skill, lame-spamming llamas play tp3???? (oops, /me forgot we're talking about q2 playas here
smile.gif

only thing tp3 is good for is jokey-piss-about compos like the qffl. i couldnt believe it when i heard the top q2 tournaments were played in tp3.... jeez. y dont we play in dmm4 just to eliminate the skill factor even more?

S

Sres

If this HangTime of Central beating then i have to point out that the UKQA uses TP3 (If the teams can't agree on TP settings).

S

Sres

If this HangTime of Central beating then i have to point out that the UKQA uses TP3 (If the teams can't agree on TP settings).

Thought I would make the point twice
smile.gif

Sorry about the double post .... again
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by Sres (edited 04 June 1999).]

H

HangTime

sres:

as a point of principal, since i've been playing for CB we have _NEVER_ played anything other than tp2. most clans accept this, if they insist on tp3 then there obviously talentless llamas who r gonna get 0wned neway
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom