QB Fucking up after cluster

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
My QB keeps fucking up for my Reaver / Warlock when I log onto Excalibur and Prydwen. Problem probably is that they have the same name, and that the files keeps overwriting itself. What can I do??? Everytime I log in my reaver or my warlock, my qb is just full of questionmarks.

:twak:

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
delete your warlock.
Seriously, just checked .ini files for a solution but it seems like it's a dead end, Jimmi

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i agree, delete is the only way forward

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Imo make backup of the keziah files for warlock and put them into a \warlock folder, and put keziah files for reaver in a \reaver folder, when u want to switch, just fetch the correct files to the daoc folder before starting it.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Dr_Evil said:
Imo make backup of the keziah files for warlock and put them into a \warlock folder, and put keziah files for reaver in a \reaver folder, when u want to switch, just fetch the correct files to the daoc folder before starting it.

what he really means is delete your warlock :p

and omg you have a warlock?!!? no wonder you never admitted it on /gu :p

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
I have a warlock, yes, god dammit so fooking what? :p It's only lvl 45, and I cba playing him -- won't see him in rvr either :)

PS: Thanks for the tips guys :)

Skg

Fledgling Freddie
RN it and ask them to change the name for one of the characters.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
No to fix the problem you need to get your WL to lvl 50 and get MLs and artifacts on him.

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
make 2 daoc folders, one with lock and one with reaver and everything else in it

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Elvo^Rylu said:
make 2 daoc folders, one with lock and one with reaver and everything else in it

Can call them:

DAOC-Easy
and DAOC-Normal

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
um.. change the number of the quickbar?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Hamro said:
um.. change the number of the quickbar?

nooooo far easier to delete YES that warlock!! go jimmi do it for the team! :)

btw love the new avatar ham, all the mad "paint"ness of the last one but with added 'pwr' :D

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Jimmi said:
My QB keeps fucking up for my Reaver / Warlock when I log onto Excalibur and Prydwen. Problem probably is that they have the same name, and that the files keeps overwriting itself. What can I do??? Everytime I log in my reaver or my warlock, my qb is just full of questionmarks.

:twak:

taken from weekly news :

But this is possible only if you don't already have a character with the same name on Excalibur, because, in this case, you would already have a file name mike-33.ini. The easiest way in that case, is to contact the customer support asking (exceptionally) to rename one of the two characters. Give a list of 5 names you would like to give to your characters. But if you really want to keep both characters with the same name, there is another solution : copy in a folder your Prydwen character file and in another one your Excalibur character file and then place the one you want in your main folder before playing. You will have to take care not to overwrite the other file when you copy them before switching from one to the other, since they will both have the same name - mike33.ini here.

and for tho's that are going to make 2 with the same name post cluster :

When the clustering is run, one of the servers will be considered as the "main" one and one of the main after-effects of this appears in the character files of the second server. Those are then considered as characters of the first server and are duplicated in your game folder. You may have noticed that the names of the characters are followed by a number in your game folder, for instance, mike-177.ini. Those numbers correspond to a server and in this case, 177 is for Prydwen. When you play your character on the cluster, a new file appears, mike-33.ini, which corresponds to Excalibur. It's this file that will now be used by the game, since Excalibur will be considered as the "main" server. But when you will play your character on Prydwen for the first time after the clustering, you will notice that you will have to redo all your settings, quickbars, etc. To avoid this, you simply have copy the file of your character and to create a new one by replacing 177 by 33.

sooo basicly either rename or switch ini's each time you log on a the cha in question

hope that helps :D

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Wouldnt it be possible to make a couple of batch files that would copy the file ? for example having (as suggested) two .ini files in seperate folders in the /dark ages of camelot folder, say excalibur and prydwen, then putting the two files in there, then making two batch files, one that will move the ini file from the excalibur folder into the /dark ages of camelot folder, and another one to move the one from the prydwen folder.

If you could then you could make a couple of shortcuts for the desktop (or wherever) so before you start daoc you can run the batch file for the server that you want to play on?

cant remember the commands but iirc it should be pretty easy to do.

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
Ah thanks! Think I'm gonna get my WL renamed then, so people can't QQ at me when I instawtfpwn them on him ;) And no; I won't tell you his name - muuahahahah ;)

:cheers:

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
Jimmi said:
Ah thanks! Think I'm gonna get my WL renamed then, so people can't QQ at me when I instawtfpwn them on him ;) And no; I won't tell you his name - muuahahahah ;)

im guessing..

Jimmiloc!

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
Dukat said:
nooooo far easier to delete YES that warlock!! go jimmi do it for the team! :)

btw love the new avatar ham, all the mad "paint"ness of the last one but with added 'pwr' :D

and if you look closely you can see something written in purple in the left loer corner ^^

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Hamro said:
and if you look closely you can see something written in purple in the left loer corner ^^

f' off leech that? :D hehe interesting ;)

Aerendur

Fledgling Freddie
What I did is this:
Make two directories. /Prydwen and /Excalibur. Copy the right version of the files into those directories (for example, log into pryd/Alise) set up the quickbar as you like it, log out. Copy the Alise33.ini into the prydwen directory. Do the same for the excalibur.alise and other names you use on both servers.

Then make two batch files like this:
Prydwen.bat
xcopy H:\Catacombs\Prydwen\*.* H:\Catacombs\
H:
cd catacombs
camelot

(make sure you pick the right drive and directory)

Just have to rememeber that if you change a quickbar, that you have to copy the new file into the directory before pressing the .bat again.

Its crude but effective!

Enjoy the game! ;)

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
First you dont like beer an now playing a warlock or the other way around :eek2: what is the world coming to ..

I hate being bored :mad:

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
No way back now : P lvl 47 on WL ... just waiting for a moderna grp to accept me <evil grin>

Aerendur

Fledgling Freddie
Aerendur said:
What I did is this:
Then make two batch files like this:
Prydwen.bat
xcopy H:\Catacombs\Prydwen\*.* H:\Catacombs\ /y
H:
cd catacombs
camelot

Enjoy the game! ;)

Added the /y so you dont have to press y or a all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom