Q3 Probs

S

|SpooK|

Hi all not sure if anyone is alive here but i'll post

I have a slight well major prob with Q3 , on entering a server after a couple of seconds it hangs to the point i have to hardboot my PC , now this has only just started (well not played for a while) i can play offline without any problems at all .

system spec sa s followed

AMD XP2600
512 Mb Crosair
GF 4 Ti4200
Mobo Solteck Golden Flame , Nforce 2 Chipset

Internet
DSL 512 , through a NetGear 814 DSL Router
ISP Nildram

Hope this helps

Cheers

Mark

B

bigfoot

It /could/ be PunkBuster - have you tried only servers with it on?

S

Swift^

I had this problem once.

try setting "pb_system 1" before connecting to a server...

S

|SpooK|

I had to update pb manualy as i kept being kicked from spec mode , but i'll give that a try now see if it helps

S

|SpooK|

Nope , it goes through the pb netword then just locks on me , i dont have this prob with QW ...

:(

S

|SpooK|

Originally posted by bigfoot
It /could/ be PunkBuster - have you tried only servers with it on?

Only with pb yes , just checked on without and it dont lock , so how do i overcome the pb problem ;\

C

Chameleon

You been to www.evenbalance.com and updated manually recently? Also check your firewall log after getting kicked out, it might be failing some security check.

S

|SpooK|

Updated it yesterday , log says nothing about Q3 errors . beginning to miff me this is , necer had this problem before , but then i wern't useing a router .

S

|SpooK|

GFX Drivers :eek: rolled back to the 42's and its ok , a bit choppy when playing thou .. any ideas on that ?

C

Chameleon

turn on the lagometer

/cg_lagometer 1

and see what it's showing. Could be com_maxfps or snaps related. Could also be FSAA or v-sync in your graphics display settings. Also check the refresh rate you are running at now you have changed your drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom