Q3 Freezetag Maps

S

Speccy

If anyone has some suggestions on new maps to place on the BW Q3FT server please post map names and download urls (not Fileplanet if possible) in this thread and I'll take a look at them.

These maps need to be freezetag friendly. Not too much lava/slime, a decent spread of weapons and medium size and, if they have a key area to control, it shouldnt be unassailable. Remember BFG is OFF! Maps with RA/RL and Quad in the same room need not apply :)

Also, if you think any maps need to be removed from the current cycle...

Q3FT is one of the most popular small mods on BW so make your contribution to keep it that way :)

O

old.lard2

Maps are fine. Perhaps one or two custom ones. Best thing to do would be to add another server. The existing one is too often full.

O

old.M00ds

yes a server would be fine...and perhaps some of the cpm maps :>...

gl

F

Finkpad

Arena FreezeTag

So after fighting the Quake3 upgrade path for sooo long... its time to ditch Quake2 in favour of Quake3! With nervous fingers I installed Quake3 (spent 2 hours figuring out how to write a config to bind my preferred keys from Q2) and went online. Got me arse kicked, of course.

Then I found the Barrysworld Freezetag Server.. Oh Joy!.. but cant connect :( ... keep getting a message about Server protocol 45? I'm on the latest Q3 version 1.29H and FT 1.42

Any ideas??

*AND* is there a FTP location that I can download the Barrys FT MapPack from?

Cheers,
Fink

F

Finkpad

Cheers.....

Will *down*date my Quake3 and have a bit of a Freeze-Fest this evening.....

O

old.lard2

Any news on getting a second FT server Speccy?

S

Speccy

ive mailed the bw peeps about it, havent heard anything yet

F

Finkpad

Quake3 versions....

Any chance of getting both servers on the latest Quake3 patch? It's a real pain having to switch between versions for different servers... or being a newbie at Quake3 - is there something I am missing?

Cheers,
Fink

S

Speccy

im afraid thats a decision the bw staff make, and its all q3 servers or nothing. once a non-beta point release is available im sure it will be upgraded within a short time.

O

old.M00ds

u need only 2 exec new one and old one and u can switch easily

O

old.M00ds

btw...there will be nice to enable kick option...server is full al the time and people with permanent internet connections goes to spectator mode so they don't need to wait to connect when they like to play...or on the other hand force join should be enabled..

gl

D

Dev^

suggestion

Why not include CPM4 or maybe even some old Q2 map converts?

Anyway, m00ds suggested about letting us kick ppl, would be nice.

Also, as I mailed you about, the spamming can be stupid at times, any chance of a flood protection?

O

old.lard2

Yes, but probably the best solution is a 2nd server. Anyone who cant log in to the first server (and this is *everyone* most of the day) can log in to the 2nd server and play away.

O

old.fallen

Admins?

You mean there are actually living admins on BW? Wow!!!

I've mailed the admin several times about the warmup not being there, using floodprotect, and SETTING THE DAMN SERVER PURE! and I know others have too. This was first done 8 months ago with the release of 1.27 btw...

I think the current map cycle is ok, but it's hopeless to play with all the spam going on, have an admin (You have those right? At least I think I've heard of them) check in on the server a few times during a day and he'll see that a lot of players play a full game with a finger pressing a chat bind...

Make the server pure
Fix warmup and set it to at least 30, not much fun to enter each map 25 seconds into the game
Make the server pure
Use sv_floodprotect 1
Make the server pure

O

old.Gibzz

I agree except floodprotect 1. Its implementation is awful and hinders gameplay/teamplay when people want to use team messages in a sincere manner (tho also allows shite cos they way its implemented)

The rest I go along with, cept BW will one day realise their folly in the latest patches. BW being stubborn as usual while the rest of the world moves on and BW gets a reputation of being a bot supporter.

O

old.fallen

Well, apparently you haven't seen the amount of message spam there is on BW Freezetag, I'm not exagerating when I say that people can press a chat bind for a few seconds spamming out 20-30 messages. Also it seems it's customary for a lot of people to press any bind 3-10 times when they've killed someone, gotten killed or just feel like it. This happens constantly, not once or twice a day, but nearly every game and every round.

O

old.Gibzz

hehe fair point, I'm kinda used to playing on Italian servers atm as they run 1.29, now if u wanna see real spam hop over to the NGI servers hehe. The Italians have taken spam to a new level ;) Shame I don't understand what they are on about :), sounds exciting whatever it is they say

F

Finkpad

Spamming

Blue Team (SPAMMCHAP) <<-- Frozen here come help me!!!!!!!!

F

Finkpad

Blue Team (SPAMMCHAP) <<-- Frozen here come help me!!!!!!!!

F

Finkpad

Blue Team (SPAMMCHAP) <<-- Frozen here come help me!!!!!!!!!

F

Finkpad

Thats my least favourite type spamming... when someone on your own team keeps on and on and on and on about where they are frozen... so much spam that you cant read anything else! I tend to ignore their location and search for other frozen teamm8's.

While we're discussing requirements for this server I would say:

o Two servers
o Both running Pure
o sv_floodprotect 1 (or some other alternative?)
o Vote kicking enabled (like in Q2 FT?)
o More maps! How about some of the CTF maps? These are always fun & everyone has them already...

*and* I would like more powerful weapons for anyone whose alias begins FINK* :cool:

O

old.Gibzz

A pure setting forced you to use the paks that are on the server, and make sure they are whole and checked. So if you have any custom skins or other paks, they won't be loaded up unless the server has them as well, or if u have edited your original paks you won't be able to connect.

I think thats the theory anyway

F

Finkpad

Hehehe - Cheers Gibz - I had just found out what Pure meant and edited my original post prior to your reply going thru... :cool:

O

old.Gibzz

Its a shame about the floodprotect implementation really, I'm sure it cant be that hard to code it so that it doesnt lag you if u hit a key by accident or something, and just have it so the messages arent sent to the server if so many messages are sent in a certain interval or something :/. I just hate it cos sometimes I hit a teamsay key by accident and end up lagged and then dead :(

N

natrat

Originally posted by Finkpad

o Two servers
o Both running Pure
o sv_floodprotect 1 (or some other alternative?)
o Vote kicking enabled (like in Q2 FT?)
o More maps! How about some of the CTF maps? These are always fun & everyone has them already...

I'm talking to speccy about possible changes for this server, so keep posting here your desires and he can let us know the final suggestions. Re vote kicking, g_allowvote is already turned on, so I suggest you look up how to use it ;)

hmm theforums ignroed my wink there ^^

:cool:

cheers,
n

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom