Q: Zerker skills

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi,

About berzerker attack skills (hammer spc'ed). Tryed to lookup from the internet a guide for zerker skills which to use, couldn't find a comprhensive guide yet.

Thus can you list some good attack combionations (attack+backup attack skill), I'd appriciate a lot.

Zerker as a char is totally new to me. I know its part of the game to study best attack combinations, but please help me on this, to cut the time to refine optimal attack styles :)

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
PVE or RVR? Bot or no bot? :p

PVE-wise you wanna find out if you parry the most or evade the most, then set the backupstyle after that. Hammer reactive for parry and LA reactive for evade, imo. RVR-wise, back it up with evade, because of the stun 2nd in chain.

Provoke is a nice anytimer (best one really), low end usage and high damage. But if you have a bot this doesnt matter much, doublefrost can also work ;)

The hammer back-stylechain is a very nice way of doing damage, and it has snare on the first hit ;) Tho, im quite sure the LA backchain does a wee bit more damage.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Yes, mainly for PVE. And yes gonna have a bb too to buff him and provide endurance regeneration.

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
I'd go with provoke and the la-evade style since then you both taunt and is able to stun (2nd in evade style)

Plaeneklipper

Fledgling Freddie
Zerker styles

After playing a zerker for some time, here's my 2 cents:

Hammer was a wise choice, I myself have recently respecced to hammer from Axe and I like it A LOT!
But, and it is a big but. The best styles you have are LA styles, except for anytime style (provoke, hammer taunt style, low end usage and high damage). And of course Conquer for back style, since it slows down you target with a snare.

In PvE I use the parry style, Polar Light (High chance to hit, Low defence bonus AND a decrease in attack speed), meaning that you will parry more, the mob will hit you less frequently and then back it up with provoke or doublefrost, depending on being botted or not.
If botted I back up Polar Light with Double frost as it has no defensive penalties as Provoke does.

The evade style chain is very useful for getting in back style once you evade the mob, but it is FAR better to wait for the evade and then try to get it off, rather than seeing your Zerker parry time and time again and waste the parry style with the evade one, which is going to happen MUCH less frequently.

Tbh the best thing you can do for yourself PvE is to find a warrior or even thane to duo with, make him/her a taunt bot and rip the mob apart from behind with Snowsquall, Icy Brilliance and Aurora Borealis. This will make you a superb duoing partner for PvE since you do 250+ damage a swing on a red con mob easy, provided they are not crush resistant.

For RvR I have 3 words for you: Snowsquall, Icy Brilliance and Aurora Borealis, these are what you kill with, go and find a caster and start bashing him, he will start to run from you (if not bg'ed or moc'ed ofc) and then you use these styles.
Ofc you can conquer him first for him to not get away, BUT you will need to get prevent flight, FAST! You only have conquer to slow him down until then, so get Prevent Flight RA and get it FAST, Determination 4, purge and then PF, and ofc lw1, but all other things before that are fluff, you need PF BAD!

Hope this helps you out m8, gl with playing zerker, I trust you will like it :)

If you need it I have just finished my very first template (not the best one out there I admit), but somewhat easy to get items, I included it in this post too:

I know dex and qui is a bit off the real zerker numbers, but did not have access to daoc when I made it, but the bonuses fit like a charm, just wrote random numbers as base dex and qui to be able to fire up the template maker :)

Edo Template Maker - Template report

*********** ITEMS ***********

NECK Beaded Resisting Stones
TORSO Scarab Wing Vest (studded)
ARMS AutoSC0020_ARMS
JWLRY Harpy Feather Charm
LRING Cenalion's Ring of Might
LWRIST Jergersunn bracelet
LEGS Tuscarian Clan Leggings (Hammers)
RHAND Malice's Hammer (Hammer 1h)
LHAND AutoSC0020_LHAND
CLOAK Shades of Mist (melee)
HELM AutoSC0020_HELM
HANDS AutoSC0020_HANDS
WAIST Lava Warped Belt
RRING Krojer's Quickness Ring
RWRIST Cyclone Bracer
FEET AutoSC0020_FEET
RANGED none
2HAND none

*********** BONUS ***********

STR 236 +80 INT 60 0
CON 193 +79 EMP 60 0
DEX 217 +74 PIE 60 0
QUI 203 +74 CHA 60 0

Parry 35 +7
Hammers 65 +15
LeftAxe 65 +15

Crush 26%
Slash 28%
Thrust 28%
Heat 26%
Cold 25%
Matter 26%
Body 26%
Spirit 26%
Energy 31%

Power 0 HP 1930 +240
PowerPool 0%

************ CAP BONUS ***********

STRcap +5 INTcap 0
CONcap +5 EMPcap 0
DEXcap 0 PIEcap 0
QUIcap +6 CHAcap 0

POWERcap 0 HPcap +40
AFcap 0

************ TOA BONUS ***********

Melee Spd +7
Melee Dmg +4
Fatigue +5
Style Dmg +9
AF Bonus +20

****************** CRAFTED ITEMS *****************

ARMS - level: 51 quality: 100%
22 Constitution - Precious Earthen Essence
9 Slash - Polished Watery Shielding
7 Cold - Imperfect Icy Shielding
9 Energy - Polished Light Shielding

HELM - level: 51 quality: 100%
10 Strength - Flawed Fiery Essence
28 Dexterity - Perfect Vapor Essence
4 Hammers - Flawed Fiery war rune
4 LeftAxe - Flawed Icy war rune

HANDS - level: 51 quality: 100%
19 Dexterity - Faceted Vapor Essence
19 Quickness - Faceted Airy Essence
3 LeftAxe - Rough Icy war rune
76 Hits - Perfect Blood Essence

FEET - level: 51 quality: 100%
19 Quickness - Faceted Airy Essence
4 Hammers - Flawed Fiery war rune
4 LeftAxe - Flawed Icy war rune
9 Spirit - Polished Vapor Shielding

LHAND - level: 51 quality: 100%
7 Heat - Imperfect Heated Shielding
5 Body - Flawed Dusty Shielding
13 Spirit - Precious Vapor Shielding
12 Hits - Uncut Blood Essence

(Needless to say you can swap Krojer's ring with whatever you like, for instance Krojer's str ring.)

-Plaene

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Txs Plaeneklipper for a comprehensive guide + template :)

GJ.

Txs to Cami too for tips :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
experiment! figure it out yourself :D

much more fun that way :)

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
experiment! figure it out yourself :D

much more fun that way :)
Dont listen to him for 2 reasons!

1. He choose valkyn ;/

2. Always funnier to do what everyone else is! (no! crap.. hes right)

Theres no right or wrong way to do it, theres a better way :p Everything depends on the specific situation, if you're grouped or not - basicly, if you played a melee character before dont be afraid, its not so different in pve. You just have to know your role.

When i leveled a melee (savvy) char last time (Hi der first char above 7 where i didnt find out about instant dds on my thane until he was level 25ish :p) I made several qbars for different situations, grouped or not grouped, main tank or just regular damagedealer. You should too, makes life alot easier. Pounding trough 20-50 doing 1 style is no fun.

Mordur

One of Freddy's beloved
trolls look cool, make a troll if you wanna look cool :)

styles... when i solo i usually only use left axe styles since i am a total nooblet with the zerk, but imo left axe has all you need:

doublefrost is a decent anytimer,
you got a nice parry chain
got a nice backchain and a nice evade chain with a stun... what more does one want? :)

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
hey! i stand by my decision, if i can fit in +20str cap into my toa template ill have 378str buffed :D
About the same as my norse ROUGE! :p

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
ya, nerf fat fingers :| Rogueroguerogueroguerogue

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom