Q: What is the determining factor for Bow fire rate

T

Tobold

from the grab-bag :

Q: What is the determining factor for Bow fire rate (other than the bow itself)? I've heard/read both Dex and Qui but haven't been able to find a definitive answer.

A: Quickness.

anyone else shocked here? i haven't started leveling my scout, or played one much, but i always thought it was Dex

K

krait

It's either yet another Sanya "wrong info given" or a longstanding mis-information.

Luckily i've also maxed quickness on my s/c armour.....some people may not have been so lucky though.
:/

A

Alrindel

Quickness determines bow draw time, dexterity determines bow damage. It has always been that way, I believe.

F

Farquady

Originally posted by Alrindel
Quickness determines bow draw time, dexterity determines bow damage. It has always been that way, I believe.

Sounds true imo :p

C

Cush

hmm.. if my memory dont serve me all wrong i think i might remember when we had the draw time put out in X.X insted of just X. That it decreased with higher dex. Might be wrong tho

K

krait

Seems reasonable.... I just wonder why the Master of Archery RA that lowers Bow Speed requires Aug Dex2 as a pre-req and not Aug Qui.
;)

C

Cronn

Originally posted by krait
Seems reasonable.... I just wonder why the Master of Archery RA that lowers Bow Speed requires Aug Dex2 as a pre-req and not Aug Qui.
;)

The same reason Mastery of Pain requires Aug Dex 2 or Mastery of Arms requires Aug Str 3

T

Tranquil-

What Alrindel said. And it's always been like that.

C

censi

Bow speed also determines draw time.

If you are a buffbotted solo Archer MOA is a bit shit.

You will hit hard cap (2s) with shortbow and hit hard cap with medium bow. I guess its good for heavy bow use.

Anything with an Aug 3 pre-req is a bit shit really

B

Blood

Originally posted by Alrindel

it have always been like that, was like that when i created Blood the day DAoC was released in europe

B

Blood

Originally posted by censi
You will hit hard cap (2s) with shortbow and hit hard cap with medium bow. I guess its good for heavy bow use.

hardcap for bow is 1.5 sec

O

old.Cher

should be indeed blood, but i remember xest saying it got screwed up and the mages have 1.5 sec cap, while archers have 2 secs, instead of the other way round, i might be wrong, i'll get xest to post :)

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Blood
hardcap for bow is 1.5 sec

not entirely true :p, mythic says it is 1.5, but tests have shown it to be on 2secs :). However you can always test it yourself :)

T

Tranquil-

There is no 2s hardcap. There are extreme diminishing returns below 2s. (The diminishing returns aren't on the drawtime, it's on the stats and abilities that bring drawtime down.)

The hardcap is still at 1.5s but it's not possible to reach it with any stats/RA's nor bows.

B

Blood

Originally posted by old.Cher
should be indeed blood, but i remember xest saying it got screwed up and the mages have 1.5 sec cap, while archers have 2 secs, instead of the other way round, i might be wrong, i'll get xest to post :)

As i know it, its just that its virtually impossible to get 1s printed, by the formulae i have tested, you would need as a kobbie hunter to put +14 qui at creation, buy aug qui 5, and mastery of archery 5, be level 50, with capped qui equipment, and capped shaman buffs to get 1.88s (so it rounds up to 1.9, and prints 1s)

ofcourse the formula have never been released so i could be wrong, but im guessing (hopeing a bit) that with new soft caps in next patch, we will see 1s shots :) fastest bow ofcourse, have to find a new Death Whisper 3.9 spd

T

Tranquil-

Hm, iirc x.5s and up is rounded upwards to nearest integer.

B

Blood

Originally posted by Tranquil-
Hm, iirc x.5s and up is rounded upwards to nearest integer.

thats totally wrong

its rounded up from fx. 2.78 to 2.8 for fire rate, and then printed as 2s

T

ThePure

2s to fire is up for me all the time.. never seen less.. even buffed to edath by friendly lvl 50 shammies.. ;)

P

parisienscot

Am I dreaming or something? I am absolutely convinced that the first time I looked at Sanya's post on the Herald it said Dexterity not Quickness: looks like they made a little read file correction to the grab bag ;)

T

Tesla Monkor

It is currently (In Midgard) impossible to hit the hardcap. (Which is 1.5s and not 2.0s as mentioned a few replies above this one.)

It might be possible with the removal of the spec-buff cap's QUI increase, but I doubt it. The diminishing return on the buff would take care of that. ;)

O

old.Nikolas

Draw speed has always been quickness.

good links for archers:

www.critshot.com
http://kaber.bladekeep.com/

Also Dex, weapon dps and quality will determine damage.

1.5 seconds is the min for draw time, but since it doesn't display .x it will always show 2 secs draw speed even when you have 1.5 draw time.

DT = [1-(Qui^-60)/500] * (1-MoA%) * Spd

Attack Speed (capped at 1.5s) = [1–(Qui^–60)/500] * (1–haste%) * Spd

For Qui below 250, Qui^ = Qui
For Qui above 250, Qui^ = (Qui-250)/2 + 250 (e.g. 270 Quickness is = 260 Qui^ for the formula)

B

Blood

Originally posted by old.Nikolas

1.5 seconds is the min for draw time, but since it doesn't display .x it will always show 2 secs draw speed even when you have 1.5 draw time.

wrong, wrong, wrong

1.5s => 1.9s is printed as 1s
2.0s => 2.9s is printed as 2s
3.0s => 3.9s is printed as 3s

even with the biggest qui buffs you can get YOU ARE NOT SHOOTING AT BELOW 2.0 SEC.

To get get 1s printed you need to get down below 1.8999999s, because at 1.901 you will get rounded up to 2.0s

O

old.Nikolas

Ahh right :)

I dont use short recurves and my qui is capped so i have only ever seen 2 secs.

I assumed that any draw time over 1.5 secs would be rounded up to display 2 secs, my appologies.

H

Harm

Originally posted by krait
;)

Just as logical as Augmented Strength 3 is needed for faster melee attack speed (Mastery Of Arms).

O

old.Nikolas

Aye it is a little odd.

I prefered it used to display your draw time with .xxx, made it much more easier.

Silly Mythic

D

Driwen

volley still displays time in tenth of seconds and i have no id why our normal shots dont do that either :/

J

Jergiot

weird part here seems to be that the more quickness u have the more u seem to miss and fumble. either way u lose, low quickness=less miss and fumble but horrible/useless drawtime, high quickness=more miss/fumbles faster drawtime but still useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom