Q&A: Would you use a Legendary Weapon once Darkness rising comes out?

Will you use legendary weapons once DR comes?

• Total voters

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Aye, would you still use a legendary weapon once DR hits us? since you get a minor resist buff & spending say max 20 points you can get 20% to secondary resist tier?

yes or no or maybe

Ging

Part of the furniture
Dafft said:
Aye, would you still use a legendary weapon once DR hits us? since you get a minor resist buff & spending say max 20 points you can get 20% to secondary resist tier?

yes or no or maybe

wtf is a legendary weapon? i still use training weapons.....

Nate

FH is my second home
well i quite like the look of runey's staff, think it's better then traldors..guess same goes for most casters

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
have been blades for aslong as i remember, and will pobably stay blades still the end. malice + crafted offhand <3

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Have to see how DR effects RvR really, and what the common resist setup is. I'll still keep a lg or two on me just incase.

Gamah

Banned
He means LW's such as heat spirit etc noobs :p

And no all stealthers will be running 36% magic resists rather than 26% melee :D

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
dunno if you were referring to me, but going legendaries as a bladeshade isn't really an option. :p

illu

Part of the furniture
It would be nice to use our "new DR Champ Weap", but for SB's, it's just more slash damage so pretty crap.

So most assassins will just have to use the same weaps, but face higher resistances ^^

Oli - Illu

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
as illu said , lg in lack of other options.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Yep shadowblades got the screw again :p

using slash just isnt an option, my champ weapon will prolly be used as a swap out weapon for mez or smt ( just so I can get some use out of it)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
said no. couse im blades, havent used leggys and will not use them in the future :p

MxN

Can't get enough of FH
dunno tbh wait and see, hoping they r still usable

censi

Can't get enough of FH
leggies are unpredictable mofos.

will prolly stick with the bastereds though.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
yes and no, depends how i feel. made my new temp around the DR LW sword, however i can still use malice/lgm weapons if i am in the mood.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Definitely, though not as much.

Some people don't seem to appreciate that LWs give fixed resist bonuses against certain armour which is the real reason for using them, not the proc. Hib leather for example is 10% slash resistant so I hit for 36% resists against a NS, however it's 15% heat vulnerable so even with the 10% resist buffs I'll hit for 26%+10%-15% = 21% resists, definately worth using over slash. SBs on the other hand are 10% slash vulnerable so I'll hit them for 16% resists with slash, which if they have resist buffs up slash will be better than heat.

Same goes for other classes, mid chain 10% slash resistant but 5% matter vulnerable, so still 5% better off overall even if they have resist buffs up, not to mention that many mids neglect matter resist so often get hit for almost the full value.

This only goes for slash, but there are equivalents for thrust and crush damage types. There will always be certain situations where LWs do more outright damage, the only reason to insist on normal weps is if you need them in your temp for stats or for the charges. I've used weaponless mainhand for ages and won't ever go back to a FOTM malice temp on my minstrel at least, the proc just isn't worth it over far better base damage in 70% of situations.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
maybe on my sorc :D

I've got a template that allows me to swap when I need to, will most likely try my CL weapon for a while though and see what its like, then maybe switch and swap once I learn which is best in whichever situation.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
He did say legendary weapons as Gamah pointed out not asking what staffs casters would use.

Legendary weapons as in crafted magic damage weaponry as what stealthers mostly uses

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Nate said:
think it's better then traldors..guess same goes for most casters
Depends what you mean by better. Better UV than traldors definately, better template wise not rly.

Phalanx

Loyal Freddie
Those champ weapons that have the 10% resist debuff are crap to be honest, 'cause it's split into two parts where one will debuff resist bonus from items and the other will debuff magical resists such as from GSV, Champ weapon bonus and perhaps CL spell ability - if it exists on the target. The way this info is formulated on the Herald somewhat implies that a resist debuff will only apply if BOTH resist bonus types are present on the target. Either way I'd say Malice and Golden spear are better alternatives.

fortunefish

Banned
Chimaira said:
He did say legendary weapons as Gamah pointed out not asking what staffs casters would use.

Legendary weapons as in crafted magic damage weaponry as what stealthers mostly uses

Maybe they play well, and the use a cold LW staff in their template so they can debuff their own nukes with a /use....or wait, maybe you didn't think?

OMG that is such a good idea, i smell a new idea coming on!

Debuff nuking using charges....nerf please.

Testing that later lol!

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Chimaira said:

When I said "maybe on my sorc" I meant the LGW not the CL weapon, sorry wasnt clear :)

Was meant to be a reference to casters now being able to use melee weapons, nevermind :)

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
new paladin love is gonne be nice vs leg weapons :D might respec back to 44chants+... hi2u 70pt magic ablat + SoM + WH hohohohoho

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Kerith said:
new paladin love is gonne be nice vs leg weapons :D might respec back to 44chants+... hi2u 70pt magic ablat + SoM + WH hohohohoho

magic ablative doesnt work versus legendary weapons. Legendary weapons still do 'melee-damage'

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
fortunefish said:
Maybe they play well, and the use a cold LW staff in their template so they can debuff their own nukes with a /use....or wait, maybe you didn't think?
Think /use timers and expense make this far too much of a headache even solo, tho might be funny to drop mid heavy tanks with red bot resists.

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
well if they are reducing the negative resists on armour then that defeats some of the point of using them.
personally dont like the stats on thoose weapons, however the sun(energy) weapons were very nice and running around with two of them upset a few people. <grins>

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, i think if i would play a duel wielder again id gofor 2 sun weps... Most people nerf energy anyway and it has good bonuses on itself for armor types..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom