pwoblem!

right, whenever i run catacombs on my pc atm it always decideds to crash, log on again cash, and just keeps chain crashing. now i gotta bit of a shite processer so could that have anything to do with it? ^^

Anarch

Fledgling Freddie
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
right, whenever i run catacombs on my pc atm it always decideds to crash, log on again cash, and just keeps chain crashing. now i gotta bit of a shite processer so could that have anything to do with it? ^^
try toaclient m8 :p :fluffle:

limpit

Fledgling Freddie
i think i had a similar problem... is it a little error message about game.dll or something ?

what i had to do was delete some random files from the catacombs directory (lke game.dll), and just launch the game again... that way it downloads a fresh copy of the files you deleted to your hdd, and it seemed to solve the problem with me... i'm guessing somewhere along the lines my file got corrupted :m00:

hope that helps...

or it could be all the cheese on your pc... probably causing it to overheat or something :D

Weylander

Fledgling Freddie
Its your machine, its pants man, keep on telling ya!!! Put your short arms into them deep pockets and buy a new one, tight git :twak:

Haha

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
what processor are you using at the Moment Sam?
Due to our main pc being broken we are using the second pc we have and I had very similar problems,it's took me months to find out why and main reason was a over-heating processer which had been overclocked by the manufacturer,so after changing settings in Bios not had problem since,but I guess if you got slow cpu anyhow this might not be a viable option.

Dandare said:
what processor are you using at the Moment Sam?
Due to our main pc being broken we are using the second pc we have and I had very similar problems,it's took me months to find out why and main reason was a over-heating processer which had been overclocked by the manufacturer,so after changing settings in Bios not had problem since,but I guess if you got slow cpu anyhow this might not be a viable option.

tbh im not rly sure what kind it is just know its 1900 whatevers ;p

limpit said:
i think i had a similar problem... is it a little error message about game.dll or something ?

what i had to do was delete some random files from the catacombs directory (lke game.dll), and just launch the game again... that way it downloads a fresh copy of the files you deleted to your hdd, and it seemed to solve the problem with me... i'm guessing somewhere along the lines my file got corrupted :m00:

hope that helps...

or it could be all the cheese on your pc... probably causing it to overheat or something :D

all my cheese in the fridge! and nope aint getting any error message, my pc just totally crashing and cant do shit after that but reset :|

Anarch said:
try toaclient m8 :p :fluffle:

does it in that aswell now ;(

Rohadric

Fledgling Freddie
Probably heating problem, im running cats on a 700, and works fine. Bit laggy but i can live with that :p

Weylander

Fledgling Freddie
Remove the heatsink+fan assembly, give it a good clean out(get rid of all that dust and cheese), scrape off any dried out thermal paste from the bottom and carefully remove any from the top of the processor, then re-apply some new thermal paste and replace the heatsink+ fan assembly.

Problem!!! Had it, did it, fixed it!! Sorted!!

Or get some thermal paste and bring it Micks on a wednesday and i'll do it for you!!!

Weylander said:
Remove the heatsink+fan assembly, give it a good clean out(get rid of all that dust and cheese), scrape off any dried out thermal paste from the bottom and carefully remove any from the top of the processor, then re-apply some new thermal paste and replace the heatsink+ fan assembly.

Or get some thermal paste and bring it Micks on a wednesday and i'll do it for you!!!

deal :] thx ;p

Weylander

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm suppose that means i'm doing it for you then haha, i'm cheap like,12 cans of lager :drink: will be enough!!! or 5 plat :p

Hahaha

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Weylander said:

And if that don't work I think the only option is gonna be an artic cooler (£15) or a new processor as changing the bios ain't gonna be a good idea on a 1900 Hope it works out bud,I was soooo close to throwing one of our towers out into garden thro this problem,and would have taken great pleasure in hitting it with a hammer but wifey stopped me :clap:

Sigidil

One of Freddy's beloved
1) Install newest version of DirectX.
2) Install an older driver for you gfx-card. (most likely in the archive of the website)

These 2 thing fixed it for me.

Good luck

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Sigidil said:
1) Install newest version of DirectX.
2) Install an older driver for you gfx-card. (most likely in the archive of the website)

These 2 thing fixed it for me.

Good luck
1) I did almost straight way
2) I have never even tried or been recommended to do so....and could be a good idea for me if the problem starts again as only a second comp,running with a Ti4800 GeForce4 and only ever had this badly since upgraded cpu and mobo
Food for thought for me......

Weylander

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
Regardless, it's a good idea! :D

Hmmmm yes, it is!!! hehe

No problem Mr eatscheese, try and get it over next wednesday, or if its really knackered call me on the weekend and I'll do it then if i got the time and the thirst Mmmmmmmm beers!!!! :drink:

I am joking about the beers tho!! i need the plat hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom