PWNED2k3 GUILD V GUILD TOURNAMENT

D

deygos

this is just an idea that popped into my head....

its basically 8 simultaneous duels in the arena

same class V same class

the guilds brings the following classes to the arena

2 tanks
2 casters
1 shade
1 warden
1 druid
1 bard

all of the duelists line up OPPOSITE their SAME CLASS TYPE

all of the duels are initiated

i say go..

all duelists fight at the same time

as each person is defeated...they LEAVE the ARENA

the duel winner SITS

the winner is the guild with the most people SITTING etc

so we can have scores like VGN 8 - LA 0 (just an example FFS:cool: )

i am seriously thinking of doing this this weekend...and i dont see any problems with it (bar lag).....so is anyone interested, and wot should the group template be exactly as each guild would need to conform to it

ideally 8 guilds would be nice, say 450g entry fee per guild (50g PER PERSON)

btw i am fully sc'ed just in case anyone is wondering if i'm doing this for money lol, doing it for fun ;)

E

Erekrose

Royal Rumble me up.

I want the Stone Cold Stunner RA before this one kicks off.

D

deygos

nahh dont think so, once i know which guilds are in they just submit their teams and turn up ;)

it will be a bit hectic keeping up with the action, but i think it will come down to the tanks anyway, wot i am saying is, as a spectacle - to watch this would b uber no? :D

imagine when it comes down to the last 2 tanks or somit and the scores are even etc...remember the duelists WONT and CANNOT be grouped anyway for this to work, so its just like 8 single duels its just that they're happening at the same time

D

deygos

anyway anything thats hard to organise...is always worth it

A

Afroninja

hmmm, sounds like the same "idea" you had in that other thread :p

D

deygos

LMAO yeh its the official version m8

elo...i'm at home wru? ;)

A

Afroninja

Originally posted by deygos
LMAO yeh its the official version m8

elo...i'm at home wru? ;)

lol, gittus

how do you get ill from spending all weekend in emain? :D

D

deygos

bah i was hardly there this weekend, i was doing some tourno thingy..

M

Mikael

cool

Sounds like it would be great fun :).
Although the:

2 tanks
2 casters
1 shade
1 warden
1 druid
1 bard

setup could be discussed :)

O

old.Thanatlos

You know I'd do nothing but run away and heal in a fight like this just like in RvR :)

O

old.Mick

duels get broken by external healing

duels when grouped have a tendancy to break, ie duel ends randomly

this is not group rvr as u can only duel one person and certainly cant assist other members by healing, mezzing etc

this would only be 8 duels happening at the same time

M

Mikael

Originally posted by old.Mick
this is not group rvr as u can only duel one person and certainly cant assist other members by healing, mezzing etc

this would only be 8 duels happening at the same time

Ye I kind of think that's the point. If it would be rvr I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be tank v tank or caster v caster

D

deygos

yeah this would be 8 seperate duels happening simultaneously, believe me if i could do it as 1fg v 1fg....we'd all be queueing up to do that?

L

Lessurl

Question, as it's guild v guild 8 1v1 type things will everyone be allowed to be buffed by the druid/bard/warden's before hand?
Line up in arena, relog (to make sure no external 50 nurt buff bots bein used) then buff up within your 8 like you would in any other grp situation (possibly grpin to get resists too) then disband and match off with your opposite number from other team? Or stick with unbuffed duels?

Also as it's not really gonna be a grp v grp fight 8 as the number of entrants isn't really a set number. Could say 10 to allow more tanks to enter or ns's or rangers (whom u seem to have neglected :p ) Or maybe 9 set and one free style slot where any class from that guild can enter, so u might have ranger vs ns or whatever. Could add some tactics as you try to work out who the opposing guild might put forwards for that slot so u can counter with a suitable class.

/edit just realised that if u were allowed to be buffed within grp then the druids and to a slightly lesser extent wardens and bards duels would have an effect on the others. As once one dies their teamates would lose buffs, of course not that much chance of a druid duel endin b4 most of the others ;) but u never know

D

deygos

heh never neglected the rangers at all, originally there was a 16man tourney all planned for them

but a) couldnt get hold of them b) no one was interested

in the end about 3/16 said they would come, which was just not enough.. ;/

also not every guild has a lvl 50 ranger

also as for the fixed template, hmm yah lessurl could make the last spot open but then we might end up with odd match ups, like say one guild brings a ns, and the other a ranger...forcing the guilds to bring a certain no. of class types should make the duels a lot fairer/closer

ofc theres still some tactics involved, like a guild could bring 3 champs, and the battle druids/bards etc in some guilds could give them an advantage, remeber its the overall score we're looking for NOT last man standing or wotever

anyway yes full buffs, would make it interesting as an early death from a bard/druid etc would swing the advantage to the other guild

anyway i'm just curious if anyone really wants to try this, as ideally minimum of 4 guilds would b needed

SO ANYONE UP FOR THIS OR????? :D

S

saltymcpepper

Can i give my money straight to llaw arian?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom