PvP Server

M

~Mobius~

hey can someone give me a link to info on this cause it sounds ace and i want to find out more about it,

also what do you think will be the best race to play?
im looking at either a skald or a minstrel.

any info will be greatly appreciated :)

B

Belsameth

vnboards.ign.com

lotsa info and posts there by the peeps betatesting the US version

S

SFXman

Minstrel, spend your whole time running away from player-controlled-mobs ;)
Stealther maybe, hehe... saracen scout... spend your whole later life on some hill sniping anyone who passes by. :D

M

~Mobius~

thanks guys :)

so basically it is all Vs all
you can go anywhere grp with anyone?
cause there could be some gr8 teams like that!

any idea on release date cause im gonna give up lvling with this char.....also do i have to wait for it to come out or can i make a character then transfer it?

i was going to play stealther but i would rather fight face to face than slashing greys
/em looks at motom :p

B

Belsameth

its in beta stage in the US
so it isn't even live there.

wait for that to happen first and then see what GOA does

O

old.chesnor

I had a quick look at the class distribution on Mordered yesterday. Skalds are most popular (suprise, suprise) and lots of clerics/asassins/minstrels. Good to see alot of healers too, as I always thought this class would be great for a PvP server.

Take a look yourself :)

www.daoc-mordred.com

S

Sarnat

It will take month(s) for the PvP server to open in US. It will take a lot longer for the server to open in EU. Though they don't have to translate anything for the PvP, so they might actually get it faster.

Yes, you can group with anyone I think. You cannot harm people in your group/guild/alliance. But you can, accidently, harm other people with your AE spells in dungeons etc. So far, there seems to be a lot of gray ganking happening, atleast was in the first few weeks. So you'll need either stealth,

Skald seems to be a very popular class and also does quite well. Very few hibernian characters so far in the game.

Personally if I'd get to design the PvP server, I'd change it so that you can use items from different realms, as long as you have the corresponding skill. Currently you can not get usable equipment, train and stuff in other realms, so you need to return to your own real. So a thane from Midgard could wear scale and Albion chain, but not Albion plate mail. I'd also put one trainer for every class in game to some harder to reach places, like a secret keep in the frontier or something.

F

Flimgoblin

I think the problem with doing that, Sarnat, is it's a major change to the way the skills work..

Armour ability: Scale is completely different to Armour ability: Chain

(same applies to Blades and Slash ... and Axes/Slash ... and there's no one-to-one mapping either... lots of changes required)

It would be cooler if they'd made it the same for weapons across the board... but then Midgard wouldn't be able to just wield two handeds :)

1234Taz

It will take month(s) for the PvP server to open in US.

Mythic say it should be ready for end on this month or start of next, the main testing is finished now. (Phase2)They have started testing what its like when low level players join the server with higher level players. (Phase3)Then comes the stress test where they try and reach the server max population to test what its like where there is lots of players all in the same zone. (Phase4)Then there will be some final checks and it will go live.

Donno how long it will take GOA to set up a server but I they said it will be English and wont need translation or any kinda and thats if they set one up.

PvP Info Site

M

m-a-n-t-i-s

I dont think translation is what will hold it back. It will be the version difference from Euro to US.

US PvP server code will all be based around whatever the version is over in the US at the time (1.50?). I think we will at least have to wait for GOA to catch up on versions before we get it.

:(

G

Gef

Stealther maybe, hehe... saracen scout... spend your whole later life on some hill sniping anyone who passes by
You forget that by the time we get a PvP server snipers are nerfed to hell anyway ;)

O

old.Organ-Grinder

imo by the time 1.49-50 comes out over here and also rvr server... the euro servers will be like graveyards, cos most people will of left the game completely or moved to usa servers to playthe rvr server there.....

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Gef

You forget that by the time we get a PvP server snipers are nerfed to hell anyway ;)
Oh yeah... hehe... oops.

O

old.Witchunter

The classes I'm considering are(if we ever get the server), Briton Infiltrator, Luri Ranger and maybe an Enchanter or Ice Wizard, for PBAoE.

S

SFXman

Oh yeah... lurikeen... talk about a fun race to play on such a server! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom