PvP Server

O

old.Cf-

I know it might be a while away but I remember Kemor talking about a PvP server, and it would be english. Is there an ETA on this server?

O

old.Keigan

Actually I have no idea but it will prolly be a while... Really think they should get the patching up to date before anything else... and get some ingame events going before PvP server... sure it's gonna be fun trying it out but... but nah, want the other stuff first...

O

old.Alwych

They cant do a pvp server until mythic code it and release it in the USA then send the server info to GOA who will then maybe make a few tiny if any alterations and make us wait ages :D then release one here.

At the moment the pvp server in the usa is not being tested yet as far as i know but they have already signed up guilds to test it out for any bugs so things are moving along swiftly. At this rate we could have the pvp server b4 we get the 1.49 Darkness Falls patch translated.

Should be fast because they are doing an english server and wont have to translate like they are with the patches.

A

Aeiedil

i cant see the pvp server coming before patches, id expect there to have to be some extra gfx or sommit, i doubt its just as simple as plug any old client into the pvp server to get it to work :\

O

old.Prof

I believe the PvP test server is coming in like 2-3 weeks (if all goes to plan)

Then follows the test phase - could take up to a few months (no idea actually)

Then "normal" PvP servers are put up Statesside

Then GOA needs to put up it's own one

Maybe at the end of coming summer ...

Z

zilch

hmmmm

Im not so sure about GOA changing it......all they will do is give us another exe file to run it (i hope) seperatly from the normal game.....we may even have to games installed on our computers.....which would mean we could have it patched higher than our normal servers!

not sure just speculation from other posts i have read....but all i know is its going to ROCK

S

SFXman

Re: hmmmm

Originally posted by Zilch
Im not so sure about GOA changing it......all they will do is give us another exe file to run it (i hope) seperatly from the normal game.....we may even have to games installed on our computers.....which would mean we could have it patched higher than our normal servers!

not sure just speculation from other posts i have read....but all i know is its going to ROCK
Separate .exe? No way.... it's only about the server-side changes... our client with a few changes included in the regular patches make it work.
BUt anyway.... it will rule. "Stop KS'ing!" "Screw off!" "DIEEEE"

L

Louster

It'll rule for all the level 50s in superguilds, and potentially suck for all the friendless, guildless, groupless level 11s. It'll start off as a race to see who can get highest fastest, and the people with the least morals will probably win. He ho. But the idea is great nonetheless.

L

Louster

Actually, all I'd REALLY like to see is a normal server with the added ability to completely invade realms. Hrm. Well. Being able to form groups with people from other realms is a nice touch too, I just don't fancy not being able to trust anyone, including all the people in my realm, but a select few. Sounds kinda lonely. You can just TELL that free PvP will bring the asshole out in everyone. And there are a lot of assholes in the first place.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Louster
It'll rule for all the level 50s in superguilds, and potentially suck for all the friendless, guildless, groupless level 11s. It'll start off as a race to see who can get highest fastest, and the people with the least morals will probably win. He ho. But the idea is great nonetheless.
All true pretty much. A level 50 wizard in Albion just kills anyone who comes along, or a sorceror. :p

L

Louster

Hah. I just realised that I guess what I was saying is that I dislike the PvP bit of the PvP server, but like all the other added bits. I mean, we already have PvP of a restricted kind anyway.
Maybe if they just added vaguely largeish downsides to killing realm members. Or something. Mleh. I'm going to sleep.

O

old.Kennsai

im looking forward to this should be alot more fun as i love RvR as it is. but all it is now is ping pong keeps and minor brawls here and there. this server will make it alot better :clap:

S

SFXman

Fun thing will be that YOU CAN WOOP THE ASS OFF ANY DAMN KS'ING SON-OF-A-BITCH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom