PvP Server (new stuff in 1.60)

N

-Nxs-

Anyone bothered to read the patch notes to the full ? Some nice changes for the PvP server in an attempt to make them more active.

Low level dungeons < L30 are no kill zones.
More EXP for killing mobs and players at lower levels
No Gold/EXP for a PvP kill lowered from 15 mins to 5

May be worth playing an alt there some time, the mass ganking has died down now, its going to be much easier to level up to 30 now.

A

Aldrian

The biggest change you will note is the timer set to 5 min... from what i played there after the patch, i noticed that majority of the ppl i kill are worth reward, and before patch it was actually the opposite way, majority of the players weren't worth reward
(when hunting in the highly populated areas at least, cam hills etc.)

O

old.Lianuchta

Yeah by the time you finish rebuffing after a wipe out you are reward again ;)

The population was up tonight as well, the only problem might be grouping at lower levels as the big wedge of the population is at 45+.

It is all 1 or 2 fg fighting against eachother, there's no massive zergs anymore, and most greyganking griefers have either chaged their way or left the server bored stiff.

A

acei

Because of the lack of a third Englsh RvR server i've came onto Camlann, of course i expected someone to PK me as soon as i came on or something like that but instead a French person ran upto me and grouped with me and we got to level 4 together (then i LDed (STUPID NTL!)). I'm pleasantly pleased with Camlann on my first day... i'm sure that'll change ;)

O

old.Lianuchta

Nah it is really not that bad anymore. Griefing gets old after 3 months so all the kiddies that used to only kill players 20 levels below them have left now. The higher level guilds have more fun fighting eachother than to storm past grey con xp spots to ruin people's day.

T

The Kingpin

I have a 21 bonedancer there called Goober...

It might be becuase am a troll, but i get ganked alot by purples..

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by The Kingpin
I have a 21 bonedancer there called Goober...

It might be becuase am a troll, but i get ganked alot by purples..

Nah, it's because you're a bonedancer mate.

V

Validus

pvp server is nice, makes the game less expectable

T

The Real Redi

well, ive not managed to get anyone above tenth so far - have a shammie troll, at 10th, but for some reason i attract the guildless eejits who glare so viciously purple and have just seen me release at a bindstone, screaming "GIMME 5G or you DIE!" over and over.

Ok, heres a point, if your one of those who has done this to anyone on this server:

- Im grey, im not whining, im suggesting you give me a chance to get to a level where i might be worth at least a little reward.
- I have never had, and doubt ever will have 5silver, let alone 5 gold on camlann. Im wearing green/grey armour, and all the rest of my cash has gone to the healers!

It's a shame that its so possible to bankrupt a new character so easily, as the drop rates arent all that, and the loots worth next to nothing.

I started up a shavage last night, so lets see how he goes (btw, only got 2 silver left now, at 5th so i STILL can't pay you highwaymen...)

B

baphomet

I logged into Camlann a couple of weeks ago with a lvl 9 cleric I have there.

I was at Prydwen bridge. People tried to kill me repeatedly, failing of course as I was under lvl 10.
I haven't really bothered logging back in since.

O

old.Lianuchta

OK some hints for easier levelling.

1/ Do not go to Prydwen Keep, Prydwen Bridge, Mag Mell, Ardee. These are the places the lowbie gankers like to hang out.

2/ Never release to a place with no healer

3/ The lowbie dungeons are now no PvP zones. Go to Mithra, Nisse, Muir, Sprag Den etc etc.

4/ If you really want to do kill tasks, try and do them in SI. Domann is quiet, as is Anniogel, and the mobs are far closer than in the old zones.

V

Validus

and one last tip: find a friendly guild to get you started

(and they arent that rare)

M

moo_work

Originally posted by acei
Because of the lack of a third Englsh RvR server i've came onto Camlann, of course i expected someone to PK me as soon as i came on or something like that but instead a French person ran upto me and grouped with me and we got to level 4 together (then i LDed (STUPID NTL!)). I'm pleasantly pleased with Camlann on my first day... i'm sure that'll change ;)

thats cuz u can't be pked before level 10 unless u do /saftey off

O

old.Tohtori

Umm...so...let me get this straight.

Lowbie:"Please don't kill me because i'm weaker and i'm worth nothing to you!!"

"Hmm...nah."

*forklonk!*

lowbie: "You bastard!"

*runs to next weakling*

"Hey."

Lowbie: "Umm..hi..."

*shagank!*

Lowbie: "Hey! Why'd you do that?! I'm worth nothing to you!"

"It's worth it when i see someone die..you don't cry mommy when an alb kills you in RvR right? This isn't fair, this is a dog eat dog world."

*bow*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom