PVP Cheats???

R

rynnor

I dont generally play a stealther but would welcome an opinion from those who do.

I found a player who could see me from a great distance when I was stealthed - she was yellow con and my stealth is crap but even so I thought they had to be in the bubble to even have a chance of spotting me - the bubble is surely not about ten horselengths even with 1 stealth????

L

lairiodd

distance = a + b*(their level - your stealth)

and cant be below a

a is around 1 horse length
can remember what b is :) ... think its around 75/175*a

easily tested get a level 1 to look at you ... I seem to remember there were some problems with stealth on the mythic pvp servers too

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by rynnor
I dont generally play a stealther but would welcome an opinion from those who do.

I found a player who could see me from a great distance when I was stealthed - she was yellow con and my stealth is crap but even so I thought they had to be in the bubble to even have a chance of spotting me - the bubble is surely not about ten horselengths even with 1 stealth????

If you have 1 stealth then the bubble is ENORMOUS!

Thats all you need to know :p

L

lairiodd

Well, in theory a level 1 looking at a level 1 with 1 stealth is the same as a level 50 looking at a level 50 with 50 steath. Dunno, the formula may break down in those extremes

N

Novamir

no, lol, it's not simple like that

because a level 50 with 50 stealth can easily see a level 30 with 30 stealth

D

Damon_D

Well where did that 20 lvl diff come from ??? He was talking even con...I'm quite sure a lvl 30 would not be yellow to a lvl 50...

B

Blood

well a level 2 player can see someone with level 1 stealth just as far away as a level 50 can see someone with 25 stealth (and thats pretty long)

(baaaa i dont understand this... CHEEEEAAATER)

O

old.Thiralith

also if you stand close enough to him for few secs he will see you better...

L

lairiodd

Whats important is not what percentage stealth you have specced. Its their level - your stealth. So a level 20 looking at anyone with 8 stealth (stealther's level doesnt matter) will see them at the same distance.

R

rynnor

Hmm - I tested this on the PvP server - my level 7 theurgist looking at level 5/6 with 1 stealth spots them at around 3-4 horselengths so I still think being spotted at approx 10 horse lengths is a little odd :)

If your stealthed your stealthed right - there is no chance it failed but says your stealthed?

F

Fightersuntzu

Its not a cheat, or a bug, its working as intended. Promise :)

<me laughs as he evades another infil trying to BS him and fireblasts him to death>

/whistles

F

Flimgoblin

sounds like See Hidden - what kinda stealther were you playing?

They can't actually 'cheat' if yer properly stealthed - the information isn't sent to the client (apparently).

O

old.Mitsu

Its because the no level-based to hit thingie fucks up stealth.

R

rynnor

I was playing an Infiltrator - I figured I'd need the spec points for stealth - cant see people autotraining stealth with the safety flag off :)

L

lairiodd

Its because the no level-based to hit thingie fucks up stealth

would make sense, so the game considers everyone level 50 for stealth calculations (and to-hit calculations). would make stealth pretty useless until 40+ then

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by lairiodd

would make sense, so the game considers everyone level 50 for stealth calculations (and to-hit calculations). would make stealth pretty useless until 40+ then

To-hit and 'seeing stealth' are completely different :) (or so you'd hope)
If that applied _everyone_ would see him from miles away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom