PvE versus RvR with ToA

Belomar

Part of the furniture
ToA is approaching, and if things go according to plan, we should all be playing our newly-rolled Half-Ogre Wizzies and Frostalf whatever sometime next week. However, what will this mean for RvR on the server? It seems to me that RvR is going to have to take the backseat for a while now, almost like it did in the early days of the game when people were still going for their first level 50s and RvR was some relaxation after a long exp session. ;)

So, who will RvR as normal, and who will be PvEing full-stop in the coming month? What will ToA mean for the RP flow in Emain (most importantly, the Alb warder zerg should be greatly diminished to the dismay of RP farming Mids and Hibs ;)).

Discuss!

Snikch

Fledgling Freddie
I believe the high RR gank groups will run out and farm master levels. The other lesser beeings might not even got toa straight away.
I think the warders will still be there for a while and all dragons knights and emerald ridare will go to toa.

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Well i think that emain will be a lot less crowded, making rvr there mostl likely much better. I personally can't be arsed spend weeks purely with hardcore pve'ing, more fun to rvr too every once in a while. Don't think i'll even do so much ml's. All the abilitys in Convoker and Stormlord lines are more or less useless anyway.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Asty said:
Well i think that emain will be a lot less crowded, making rvr there mostl likely much better.

I'm torn between going with the flow and join everyone getting items and stuff or enjoying the quiet emain (which will imo be a very cool time) and then bumping into the problem of making groups to complete ml's :|

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
will probably take a week or so for everyone to get ToA - and then I imagine emain will be like odins ;) and odins like HW and HW dead ;)

Gahlzor

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
will probably take a week or so for everyone to get ToA - and then I imagine emain will be like odins ;) and odins like HW and HW dead ;)

what would dead be like then?

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Personally I'm not all that fond of PvE, and it's generally something I do my best to avoid unless absolutely necessary (ie the occasional cash farm or a break from zergy RvR with some friends). So I want to get the PvE aspects of ToA out of the way as soon as I possibly can!

Basically my plan is to zerg ML's and Artifacts at every opportunity, and take the occasional break to farm Brehons and Vaktens for relaxation... :D

Tiki

Fledgling Freddie
yup yup looking forward to toa, will seperate the men from the whiners

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
I'll struggle through the pve with breaks for rvr when I can't take it anymore. And I'll thank my lucky stars that I am a cleric and will always be fotm so I won't have to do this again next patch. :p

Xplo

Banned
I'll do hardcore pve untill I have everthing capped and ML9

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I'll play ToA with breaks in RvR, or breaks playing lower level alts - but I'll not be tackling it as an xp grind so I expect I might not suffer so much from boredom :p

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
Im going to pve till im sorted with all the MLs and gear etc .. but Im not going to like it :(

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I don't give a damn about the new items, having putting a heck of alot of time, effort and platinum into my new sidi/mp template recently im not about to change it no matter what drops for a long time yet.

However much to my dismay I will still be going full pve for a month or two to get the master-levels, and don't plan to seriously rvr till I have them all.

Im going to miss playing with the stealthers in odins/hw until then :( hope they wont forget me whilst im gone.

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Taen said:
Im going to pve till im sorted with all the MLs and gear etc .. but Im not going to like it :(

what he said and i'm gonne hate it , bloody pve :(

Jugvayne

Can't get enough of FH
i totally cba, i will continue to rvr and ignore toa until i am simply 100% useless, then quit

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Haha, Daemyr is gonna zerg! ;)

(And yes, this is going to remind me of levelling up my first char, RvRing to relieve the boredom. ;))

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
respeccing to MW3 and rdy to KIckz0r ass in some sweet new areas =)

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
I´m respeccing my wiz to MW3 so he will be PvE gimp untill he got some nice stuff and ML9+ ;)

and well my mincer will prolly be in emain from time to time when I get sick of Pveeee :puke:

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
I dont see the problem, seems only the RP horny ppl are frustrated they cant get on top... why not just relax and not stress thru it, and actully enjoy the new areas and zones... get to know ppl you never known b4 and just chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill! =) im sure I will :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom