PvE spec

Neill1983

Fledgling Freddie
Okay I'm new to this game and I just started today, I made a Lurikeen and wanted to go towards Aldtritch ... now my question was what's the best PVE spec to chose as I want to go pve till I get to high enough lvl to start pvp or RVR

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
Full mana is the way to go in PvE for Eldritch.

Neill1983

Fledgling Freddie
as I'm a complete noob in daoc ... so mana spec is actually called mana or what?

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Solo, no buffs/pots, go void for big bolts.

Solo, with buffs/pots , go light.

Small groups, light or mana (more people the better mana spec is).

Full groups, go mana.

Neill1983

Fledgling Freddie
well I don't know anyone ingame that's my lvl so I guess it's void than

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
Neill1983 said:
as I'm a complete noob in daoc ... so mana spec is actually called mana or what?

its "mana magic".

And for pve mana is the best spec, but it sucks solo. So personally i would go void till lvl20 because you will be soloing most of it.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Neill1983 said:

The baseline is called 'Way of the Moon', specline is called 'Vacuumancy', you may find spells listed under those titles.

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Boni speaks with straight tongue!

The way daoc is atm grps are not that common until you get your feet under the table, so expect to do a fair amount of soloing with void spec. Can always respec to mana at 40 if it looks like you'll be able to do regular grps :)

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
imo make a warden.
wardens are a bit boring to solo with (well, u can always keep a book near or watch tv) but in the endgame u will be able to solo well and also you will be wanted in groups

the downside is equipment being rather expensive.

another advice would be to start a enchanter as the 1st character since u can level/farm nicely with it and u hardly need any equipment besides a focus staff

B

Benedictine

Neil I don't have an eldie but this guide may be worth looking at if you are starting from scratch

http://www.classesofcamelot.com/misc/ClassGuides/eldritch2.asp

If you want pvp quicker try the glastonbury server as its TOA free which means basically slightly less pve and generally quicker pvp

Also get hold of catacombs for faster levelling in instanced dungeons

of course if you love pve, and want to experience the game fully go normal ruleset server - however be prepared for fairly empty low level zones and few opportunities to group

join a guild early (the bigger the better in your case)

have fun

Neill1983

Fledgling Freddie
well I like chalenges ... I played everquest for 4 years, and played WoW from start of US beta till now ... so I know my way around MMORPG's and I like playing classes that can nuke someones brains out ... so I did some homework and sensed that this class was the best way to go for me

Neill1983

Fledgling Freddie
Benedictine,

My char Neill is curently on the glastonbury server ...
Will get catacombs tomorrow as it was sold out in the store but would be back in stock tomorrow :)

Thanks for the info and will defenatly try and find a guild :)

B

Benedictine

Neill1983 said:
Benedictine,

My char Neill is curently on the glastonbury server ...
Will get catacombs tomorrow as it was sold out in the store but would be back in stock tomorrow :)

Thanks for the info and will defenatly try and find a guild :)

If you need any help/advice pm me in game - I may not know the answer but one of my gurus will :clap:

Assuming you are English and a non French speaker it may be hard to find a large Englsih speaking guild - anyone suggest one for him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom