PvE, should i be ashamed?

S

Stallion-

Should i be ashamed for beeing a scout, now adays when looking for tree grps i cant tell em im a scout, since they will turn me down in notime. This is the daily life of a scout, not beeing able to stand for himself in a grp....

Pitty for such a great class, albs wake up!

N

NetNifty

since we cant chain now doesnt that mean we shuld b using scouts more at trees?

B

Bleri McThrust

And do you have to kill trees ??

Trees are something I have happily avoided :)

C

Ckiller ofDust

I never turn down a scout unless

we have one a need something altogheter else :) Scouts always add something good to group id say :)

O

old.LandShark

Solo pennines/sauvage trees like real men (read: Odysseus ;) did!

.....or, erm. well, ashamed? No... but you SHOULD have seen it coming, given that every scout anywhere ever whines about never being allowed to join groups. :p
Personally i don't object to having one scout in a group. I protest if there's 2, because that's much like having 2 minstrels... you don't bring enough extra to the group to be worth picking up
<shrug>

A

Aussie-

Can't remember which mob it was , but while doing my lvl 43 Epic i had to kill some mob at start of Pennine... cons bleu

gave me 30mil and was down after 2-3 shots..... that's 1 Tree
Take MoA2, Quick 2 and Tireless 2 .(rr2L2) and it will go abit faster. ;)

F

Flimgoblin

scouts do damage... a good scout is as useful as a good third tank :)

(assuming they know how to get aggro when it goes pearshaped etc...)

O

orm-

How do I explain this, oh this is how... Most peeps in Albion are ignorant assholes.

O

old.Odysseus

Scouts are good at this, scouts are good at that, same old rant when someone posts this on boards.

Fact is: Scouts dont get groups!
Stallion:
go solo Angry Bwcas north of excal, at the end of the road, not as fast xp as grouping, but no transport time once u get there, no groups breaking up and foremost, u wont have to be pissed over the numerous groups u cant enter.

F

Flimgoblin

Scouts are useful in groups, just noone realises/believes it :)

and some classes are generally more useful... so they hold out for them.

I'd go do what the man says :) go solo.. or grab a fellow scout and play at timing your critshots....

D

deadparrot

Scouts are an odd case, they have good ranged attack (which can be boosted by earth buff), good melee (earth buff is better on faster weapons) and good shield Skill, so they can protect people well. Also they make great mob pullers.

But still theres a general feeling that they're some how usless to groups.

I suppose its the same reason that people think cabalists are useless gimps.

O

old.chipper

every class can bring something to a grp some more than others thats fair enough, but dont start gettin selfless saying "oh im useless no one will grp me im crap at pve" its just not true i love having a scout in a grp and i will grp at least one if they ask

just a note 2 infs 1 scout 1 cleric 1 theurg 1 minstrel we all lvled in under 2 hours at around lvl 30 tanks are by no means essential

O

old.Odysseus

Yah well, when i was still levelling I spent up to 2 hours looking for groups (I was round 44).

After several weeks on being unable to get anything but guild groups (got 44-46 in 3 weeks) I got pissed and left Lyon for good and I didnt return till I hit 50 2 weeks later.

Angry Bwcas are easy, low downtime, no aggro over not getting group: 'thx we're fine', 'ure a scout', 'spot reserved for XXX', ' ', etc etc.

Also, there is no traveltime as you are always there. Get a cleric buffer and its 50% faster xp.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by deadparrot
(earth buff is better on faster weapons)

not true.. it's DPS from earth buff... so same effect whether its a 2.2 or a 6.0

however earth buff is twice as effective on dual wielders :)

K

katt!

Originally posted by Fingoniel

however earth buff is twice as effective on dual wielders :)

only if they would have 100% chance to dw.. which they dont.

its more effective, but not double :p

F

Flimgoblin

pedant :)
around 1.65 times as effective on a 50 dual wielder with no bonuses/RAs

I think...

O

opoc

In the purity of ice our enemies shall learn the true meaning of agony: Netrom ice wizzy from hell
Beware for the shadows are my domain: Undercover backstabbing bastard
Hack hahahaha hack hahahahah hack BANG dooh: Strongarm hard hitting easy target tin-can

Nice to see you did get some alts started :)

Not seen you in along time and onl;y just saw erhard too the other day as i have been in hib and mid too much and now mid got on my nerves i came back to alb(yay..ish) also got signed up here now too :)

Anyways nice to see from you netrom was wondering if you still played....by the way if you still remember my little low lvl fire wizard Zegan, he sucked and now I got myself a nice friar :)

Got my hibs ranger up to 39 on prydwen now too :)

Maybe i can see you ingame sometime netrom, see what level you are now

O

old.Second

Originally posted by Stallion-
Should i be ashamed for beeing a scout, now adays when looking for tree grps i cant tell em im a scout, since they will turn me down in notime. This is the daily life of a scout, not beeing able to stand for himself in a grp....

Pitty for such a great class, albs wake up!

an easy answer:
YES be ashamed be VERY ASHAMED! :D

B

bishibosh

stallion im lvl 49.5, and thats sloow enough but oi didnt get a singgle grp for 4 days, i know how u feel m8 :(

O

old.Sanar

I grouped about 60-70% of the time from 45 to 50. Soloed everytime I got bored of asking for groups or DF was closed and didnt wanna do trees etc.

Sometimes I just soloed because I felt like I want to do (call me crazy). The freedom of not being in a group, with no hurry, brainlessly killing those trees and bwca's was very appealing choice to me sometimes.

What lvl are you Stallion? Arent you 44 or something? IMHO the most hardest lvls are 40-45. Tanglers are SO overcamped and hard to get grps there and you cant solo in Pennine before 43-44.

Have faith, hang in there! Try to solo lower con knotted fellwoods, even oranges are doable usually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom