PvE on Pryd

tazzbe

Fledgling Freddie
Just wondering if people still xp in mid (or on pryd in general)

Last time i started in Pryd was with introduction on lvl 30 command on hib...
made me some lvl 30 toons...and xp'ed em to lvl 33 or so...after that, there was no groups around anymore.

So i went back to exc...

Getting bit bored with exc rvr again..so decided to check prydwen again. But same as a couple of months ago...like max 2-3 people xp'ing.

Went mid...went to lvl 20 dungeon..and found 3 people...not one wanting to group etc...

Just wondering if there are guilds doing some pve...or is the only way to get to 50 finding some powerlevel spot? and someone willing to help out?

Minn

Fledgling Freddie
tazzbe said:
Just wondering if people still xp in mid (or on pryd in general)

Last time i started in Pryd was with introduction on lvl 30 command on hib...
made me some lvl 30 toons...and xp'ed em to lvl 33 or so...after that, there was no groups around anymore.

So i went back to exc...

Getting bit bored with exc rvr again..so decided to check prydwen again. But same as a couple of months ago...like max 2-3 people xp'ing.

Went mid...went to lvl 20 dungeon..and found 3 people...not one wanting to group etc...

Just wondering if there are guilds doing some pve...or is the only way to get to 50 finding some powerlevel spot? and someone willing to help out?

dunno what happend tbh.
I remembered starting the game 1½ year ago.. lvl'ing my thane from lvl1 without bb and in crap armor..... that was the days :p
Not hard to get grps at that time.. but after /lvl 20 command came, it has been shit.
DF is ok though, when we got it.

Only place I see ppl lvl'ing alts etc now is in Modernagrave in SI zone.
But u need a lvl 50 char to get it... lvl 50 + leech etc

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Come to Vendo mate :)

That's where everybody are leveling there low-lvls ( those that don't go modern of course :))

Look for Taslle or Muffinmonster if you need a group :p

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
there is few new players allways doing xp pleasure.
sadly daoc is riding whit name what mythic do in US servers.
advertisement in EU area, atleast many country, has been minimal or near 0.

where is same offer whats going in US server, 7 days free trial to try this game in EU servers?
in reality this game isnt anymore coming so many new players, lowbies you see are most sure 50´s alts, these alts are most time botted or waiting/inn guildgroups.
these guildgroups dont wanna outsider to own groups, and botted do 200% better alone whit uber buffs (example i was able lvl sb from 20 to 24 in 4 hours whit shammy buffs).

i have seen alott old players lately taking break, moving other realm, change guild, these movements peeps do when they start get boring but still wanna try if find something what keep old spirit up, or loose spirit allready and desperately seek it.
thinking this game future, need more advertising, 7 days free trial -> more newbies to play and bring fresh blood this game.

Cerbie

One of Freddy's beloved
I have the same experience, when you don't have guildgroup its hard to find another group. Don't know why, it indeed has changed compared to some months ago.

I started to play on hib/exc. and there it still is like in the old days you get pm's to join groups and you only have to enter a place to get group invite, all I can say its a nice change.

Too bad I am born as a mid and will stay mid in my heart forever :D

tazzbe

Fledgling Freddie
So are there guilds that still invite people? (not too small ones....mostly PvE orientated)???

If you do...pls leave a message

or pm ingame on tazzewazzewooo (skald) or if you got alts on exc-alb search for a tazz xxxx (gol member)

thx :)

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Soloed my hunter to 50 98% :D Didin't see more than 2 groups on lfg window never ever on that 1.5 months. This was before christmas thought

remi

Fledgling Freddie
moderna is filled with expers....need a 50 sm/healer/shammy tho..

Megarevs

Loyal Freddie
GOA have ruined DAoC for newcommers because of /level 20.
Luckily i started before that came in game. I think they should remove it from the game again.
Then they make the new zone Modernagrav, which ruins the game for everyone who wants to xp, and dont own a Aug shamme / Pac healer / Supp Spiritmaster.
but if u need some xp then u can pm me ingame as either megarevs, chap, goloin or merger.
I'd be glad to group with you.

/Megarevs

Fayle

Fledgling Freddie
I noticed also that on alb/excal it's rather easy to find groups, seems like many people have alts there and enjoy reliving the older days where it was fun to exp in group.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Minn said:
after /lvl 20 command came, it has been shit.

Tuppe said:
botted do 200% better alone

/agree. I suspect the only way to put things straight would be to remove /level (with the new L1-4 battlegrounds etc, there should actually be incentive to go there, as in.. er... some L1 characters?), AND also to give better bonus to people when grouped and a nerf on exp when not. These will be unpopular changes, yet neccessary for the recovery of daoc, imo.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Off-topic, sorry but LOL :

Tuppe said:
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.

:clap:

I think, even though many would hit me for saying it, that toa brought death to new players in daoc. If you want to be uptodate you need toa items, toa caps, artifacts etc and most of those can't be done unless you're very close to lvl 50. Most people don't lvl chars old fashion way anymore. They want them to 50 asap so they can do toa asap and then what? (a little pve whine).

I usually go cursed tomb when lvling a new bg1 char, or solo in DF (with buffbot ofcourse), but my advice for you would be to find a nice guild with not only lvl 50's and see if you can join some of them for some xp. That's almost the way I started out.

tazzbe

Fledgling Freddie
Of course joining a guild would be easiest..
some that still do pve of course

but don't know that many people on Pryd...and those i do know don't pve...just RvR :p

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
You should try and contact Maene ingame. I'm leveling up a Shaman currently and it'll be my main on Midgard/Prydwen so I won't be exping once a week. I'm also teaming up with a mate of mine, Savage, and we could use a Skald for leveling up a bit faster.

Also, dunno if i may say this because Ormie might get mad :touch: , Sons of Nidhug has quite a few low characters that are exping during the week and some of them don't even have /level yet so.

Just contact me ingame/pm me with details on when you will be online and we'll chat a bit about it. Perhaps you could join our duo, and play at the same times as we do so we don't get ahead nor behind eachother.

Goodluck!

Kind regards,

Maene

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
No harm in asking any member in Onslaught to direct you to an officer for a little chat. Haven't been very active lately due to rl work, but I think some of us do some pve once in a while :) I know I do sometimes when farming etc, and I don't mind others tagging along mostly. For xp or to join the farming, doesn't matter.

If you catch me online on Nausilus feel free to drop me a PM if you are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom