PvE artifacts and templates

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
my chars are artiless and want to start getting some... so heres my questions...

Cleric, cause its mainly for pve im gonna skip BoZ and CB, and go for EoY... but am not sure to go for CS or HCE, i cant see a legitimate reason to go for CS as HCE has a 25% heal

Pally, any good arti's for a pally, maybe some with a IP /use?

Caster - wizz/thueg, need arti's that are going to give me some power and dont know any cept from JS, so please help...

if your going to suggest an arti, can you please give me a reason for using it, as i dont want thousands of arti's to repair all the time...

reps to all who helps! thanks in advance

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
only arti i can recomend is som, got a uber proc. also has a rly sweet pve template i can share for a pally.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Demon2k3 said:
only arti i can recomend is som, got a uber proc. also has a rly sweet pve template i can share for a pally.

i prefer to make temps myself, but thanks:)
so there are none with an IP/self heal /use?

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
also, when setting up q-bars is there anyway to change the macro thing to a picture of some kind?

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
arties I got on my pally: eirenes hauberk(for shield users GoV is better), som, malice, battler, cyclops eye(for stealth lore), ceremonial bracer, winged helmet, and a few less important.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
build the templates first, then look at the artis.

e.g. your comment on cs vs HE. HE is wank and hard to fit into a cleric template, but the 5%cast speed on CS is much easier to work in (+ the /use2 is good since it works in pve too). Get sash on it too and ofc, get eoy. You might want cb anyway, since it has dexcap, likewise you might want boz anyway, as it has %range. Champ weapon is cool too, has a mcl2 charge.

For wiz/theurg, you will find its pretty similar templates. Look on VN in the relevant sections and you'll find tons. Most all use the same items (gov, scalars, tarts or champ staff, cloudsong, erinys or atlantis tablet, sash, cb .. then some have boz and/or ctr too).

Like i say, make a template you're happy with first, before ruling out one arti over another.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
Cleric, cause its mainly for pve im gonna skip BoZ and CB, and go for EoY... but am not sure to go for CS or HCE, i cant see a legitimate reason to go for CS as HCE has a 25% heal

PvE cleric arti's..

egg of youth - Self rez sick cure + aoe rez.. it's a no brainer!
Jacina's sash - Works out at 15% powerpool + powercap.
Eternal plant/kalares necklace - Heal all over time, EP is better, kalares is easier to get and probably template around for a PvE suit.
croc tears ring - Still the best arti in the game, less damage and free power = good.
Scorp tail ring - easy 4% casting speed with heal and buff bonus.
cloudsong - useful for the powerpool and buffbonus.
HeC - only useful if you need the stats.

psyco said:
Pally, any good arti's for a pally, maybe some with a IP /use?

For PvE:

SoM - simply awesome /use
battler - +chance to hit proc
GoV/Eirenes - +style/melee damage

For RvR:

SoM - see above
Malice - debuff proc, arrogance
Winged helm - style reduction charge
Eirenes - +style/melee damage, arrogance

psyco said:
Caster - wizz/thueg, need arti's that are going to give me some power and dont know any cept from JS, so please help...

Jacina's - you know about this
Champ staff/tarts - power charge
Eternal Plant - heal all over time, 60% power charge
GoV - stat caps + spell damage
Croc tear ring - yes it's still the best arti in the game, power returned when you get hit + less damage taken.
eriny's charm - passive power regen
Eerie darkness stone - summons a necklace with power regen if you can't fit in EP.
mordom's mind - (not an arti but has mcl1 charges)

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
For PvE:

SoM - simply awesome /use

yea stealth lore rox for pve. - the reactive absorb proc is /use2.

Golena said:
For RvR:

SoM - see above
Malice - debuff proc, arrogance
Winged helm - style reduction charge
Eirenes - +style/melee damage, arrogance

malice+eirenes charges are one of the best for pbaoe groups for PVE, as it halves the damage you get for a period of time - which is always enough for 1-2 icers to kill the mobs attacking you..

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
yea stealth lore rox for pve. - the reactive absorb proc is /use2.

I was using /use as a term for the uses the item had, not implying that the use1 was great. :fluffle:

Righthandof said:
malice+eirenes charges are one of the best for pbaoe groups for PVE, as it halves the damage you get for a period of time - which is always enough for 1-2 icers to kill the mobs attacking you..

I've never had any issues with keeping a paladin alive in a pbaoe group. You could use it for that and i'm sure it works, but I wouldn't include the item simply for that use. If you have it in your template sure exploit it, but it would be there for other reasons. They are only up every 15 mins, so would only be of use if a pull went wrong, and by that point the damage the paladin is taking is normally the least of your worries.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
like serenity?

It's similar to adding a level of serenity in the way it works (passive power regen). I've never fully tested it so don't know the exact values of it in regards to what level it gives however. The stats are great on it anyway, so any extra power it gives can be through of as a bonus.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
It's similar to adding a level of serenity in the way it works (passive power regen). I've never fully tested it so don't know the exact values of it in regards to what level it gives however. The stats are great on it anyway, so any extra power it gives can be through of as a bonus.

vos says its power regen 'spell 2' so serenity 2?:p

but who knows its so out of date now..

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
scepter of mentorious for /use2 5% af and hp ftw btw also u can use some buff bonus for your af shield ftw ;)
and scalars for uber proc ;)

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Golena said:
Plus that Erinys Charm regen stacks with any other power bonus. So say you have a high mind spec sorc, you'd be looking at 6-7~ish extra power per tick more than other casters with no regen. Thats a lot in the long run.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
DavidH said:
Plus that Erinys Charm regen stacks with any other power bonus. So say you have a high mind spec sorc, you'd be looking at 6-7~ish extra power per tick more than other casters with no regen. Thats a lot in the long run.

does it stack with seritiy, the RA?

vos doesn't say...

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
ok, one last thing...

im wondering do toa bonus's make much a differance? i am wondering as things with high toa bonus's tend to be more expensive, and when templating 5 chars cost is an issue

psyco said:
also, when setting up q-bars is there anyway to change the macro thing to a picture of some kind?

this remains un-answered, as ever rep will be given to any help, thanks:)

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:

thats an easy one. /quit from game -> options -> change ui to atlantis -> log back into the character, right click in the items and you'll see an icon for stealth lore, arrogance, etc. just put those icons on your quickbar, than /quit from game -> options -> change ui to custom-> log back into the character and have fun ;)

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
thats an easy one. /quit from game -> options -> change ui to atlantis -> log back into the character, right click in the items and you'll see an icon for stealth lore, arrogance, etc. just put those icons on your quickbar, than /quit from game -> options -> change ui to custom-> log back into the character and have fun ;)

does that work for the champ weapons aswell?

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
does that work for the champ weapons aswell?

i havent tried that one tbh, but works with every item with charges i tried, even with bounty heal gems, barrels..

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
I just had to do it...here's a cleric template that works if you're willing to swap one item for those capped buffs.

It should have all the /use abilities you are after.

Code:
Stats

Hits: 376
Con: 75
Pie: 101
Dex: 101

Resists
Cold: 19
Heat: 26
Crush: 29 (2)
Slash: 30 (3)
Thrust: 26

Skills
3 Smite
3 Enhancement
3 Rejuvenation

Cap Increases
26 Dex
176 Hits
26 Pie
21 Power

Other Bonuses
12 Spell Duration Bonus
17 Buff Bonus
27 Healing Bonus
9 Spell Range Bonus
1 Fatigue
10 Casting Speed Bonus
12 AF Bonus
41 Power Percentage Bonus

Piece Listing

Chest
Name: Snakelord Runic Hauberk

Arms
Name: Cleric Epic Sleeves

Head
Name: Darkspire Coif

Legs
Name: Cleric Epic Legs

Hands
Imbue Points: 37.5 of 32 (100 Qual) Overcharge: 38%
Gem 1: 22 Constitution - 99 precious Earthen Essence
Gem 2: 10 Piety - 99 flawed Watery Essence
Gem 3: 11 Crush Resist - 99 faceted Fiery Shielding
Gem 4: 52 Hits - 99 faceted Blood Essence
Utility: 56.33

Feet
Gem 1: 22 Constitution - 99 precious Earthen Essence
Gem 2:  9 Cold Resist - 99 polished Icy Shielding
Gem 3:  9 Slash Resist - 99 polished Watery Shielding
Gem 4:  7 Heat Resist - 99 imperfect Heated Shielding
Utility: 64.67

Right Hand
Name: Dextera Mace

Left Hand
Gem 1: 28 Hits - 99 flawed Blood Essence
Gem 2: 11 Crush Resist - 99 faceted Fiery Shielding
Gem 3:  9 Heat Resist - 99 polished Heated Shielding
Gem 4:  7 Thrust Resist - 99 imperfect Airy Shielding
Utility: 61.00

Neck
Name: Eternal Plant

Cloak
Name: Healer's Embrace

Jewel
Name: Egg of Youth

Belt
Name: Jacinas Sash

Right Ring
Name: Ring of Calm

Left Ring
Name: Filigree Antalya Ring

Right Wrist
Name: Ceremonial Bracer - dex

Left Wrist
Name: Bracer of Heavenly Bodies

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
Remember to get 10%block/parry/defence bonus tho. not artis but still very important for a pally.

oh and HEC sucks!

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
judas said:
Remember to get 10%block/parry/defence bonus tho. not artis but still very important for a pally.

oh and HEC sucks!

i thought the cap was 26& or so...

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
was when toa came out :) these are 10% now except power pool i think.

The bonuses he's refering to are cata bonuses and have always been 10% since release day.

jrjr999

Fledgling Freddie
Click on arty and then info. and pictures appear under info. add pictures to QB
U may need the Derida's skin.
Link to site :- Derida's Mod v2.20 [ENG] - 24MB - (daoc v1.81+ ready)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom