Puzzling games

Catsby

One of Freddy's beloved
Puzzling games

Catsby is a “proud” owner of a PS2, Xbox and a Gamecube. He is currently looking for any multiplayer puzzle games. Catsby recalls the days of Puzzle Bobble and such like, and would like to relive those times. Can anyone recommend to Catsby any such console games?

Catsby thanks you in advance.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Catsby said:
Puzzling games

Catsby is a “proud” owner of a PS2, Xbox and a Gamecube. He is currently looking for any multiplayer puzzle games. Catsby recalls the days of Puzzle Bobble and such like, and would like to relive those times. Can anyone recommend to Catsby any such console games?

Catsby thanks you in advance.

Puzzle Street Fighter II

babs

Can't get enough of FH
On the GC side go for Puyo Pop Fever, Bust a move all stars and possilbly even zoocube.

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
Does Catsby not have any hands and so therefore dictates what he wants to say to someone else to type it?

i dont know why but it irritates the hell out of me that you talk from a 3rd person perspective.

Catsby

One of Freddy's beloved
Panda On Smack said:
i dont know why but it irritates the hell out of me that you talk from a 3rd person perspective.

Catsby apologies most profusely, and hopes that this proffered link will end all your troubles.
LINKY

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Panda On Smack said:
Does Catsby not have any hands and so therefore dictates what he wants to say to someone else to type it?

I dont think its something to get worked up about Panda.

Lots of people have their own eccentricities. Its not harming anyone and Catsby is harmless*

*or Mostly Harmless.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
*cough* Game Consoles Forum *cough*

As for multiplayer puzzle games, it's a bit hard to find them on consoles. If you're just after some puzzle games though may I suggest Pikmin on the Cube. Supurb!!!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Catsby Rules Ok.

bah that was supposed to be all caps. Damned forums!!

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Can we have forum custom filters, you could then filter the word Catsby to the letter I.

We can have are own eccentricities eh? so i can scream Arr!! in every post and call people scallywags?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Of course you can, but it's no where near as endearing as Catsby's third person talk (plus his avatar is magnificent).

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
nath said:
Of course you can, but it's no where near as endearing as Catsby's third person talk (plus his avatar is magnificent).
Albeit his avatar, in fact his whole persona has been plagiarised from www.penny-arcade.com :rolleyes:

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I'm surprised that we haven't had a regular create a Twisp alt on this forum yet and start talking in the .... um .... 4th person? ;)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Bah, I don't care! Penny Arcade is rubbish anyway.

Long live Catsby and his weird schizoesque scrawlings!

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Whipped said:
I'm surprised that we haven't had a regular create a Twisp alt on this forum yet and start talking in the .... um .... 4th person? ;)
surely the fourth is the first?

Catsby

One of Freddy's beloved
Xavier said:
Albeit his avatar, in fact his whole persona has been plagiarised from www.penny-arcade.com :rolleyes:
Catsby once again is concerned how a persona is assumed from a character in a comic strip which has uttered to date only two or three words.

Catsby does have a little chortle at Xaviers avatar. Catsby is reminded of a story about pots, kettles and blackness. Moreover, Catsby is saddened by the angryness which appears to consume Xavier in his posts.
Catsby asks is it not your birthday? He urges you to go have a drink and relax. Catsby believes that far worse things will happen than someone getting your back up on a forum.

Composition and the Fourth Person Singular
Collin's delineations of process pedagogies are indicative of a trend in composition in the 1980s of taxonomizing major composition theories and theorists. James Berlin, Lester Faigley, and others divided major composition theories into basically the same three categories which Collin describes: cognitivist, expressivist, and social constructivist. Each of these three theories operates out of a tertiary order of identity. We can see expressivism focusing on the identity of the first person through it’s emphasis on the writer as agent. Cognitivism tells us in a prescriptive fashion what to do or how to write -- it centers on the "you," so to speak in its directive about how a person writes or should write. Social construction points to the interconnectedness of the writer with his or her discourse community and how discourse is a product of certain groups of people. The subject is objectified as he or she (which also is the only category to denote gender as an important label for the writer). Even though the roots for these three theories can be seen as emerging at similar times, the categories are described in a linear, historical fashion, usually starting with expressivisim, cognitivism, and ending with social construction as the most desirable of the three. What is distinctive and important about this is the fact that since those taxonomies emerged, they have been the only game in town, so to speak. Every pedagogical application and every composition theory which has emerged since the 80s are placed in or connected in some way to either cognition, expressivism, or social construction.

What’s troubling here is the way in which these taxonomies prevent the possibility of a radical series from occuring. Because each of these three areas focuses on an identity which is either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd person, these taxonomies thus exclude possibility of the fourth person singluar (and the fifth, and the sixth, etc.). As Deleuze notes in The Logic of Sense, the fourth person singular is viewed as beyond these three categories: "Humor is the art of the surfaces and of the doubles, of nomad singularities and of the always displaced aleatory point; it is the art of the static genesis, the savoir-faire of the pure event, and the "fourth person singular" - with every signification, denotation, and manifestation suspended, all height and depth abolished" (141). The fourth person singular is the place in which, "a new esoteric language is formed here which is its own model and reality" (141). But because we have taxonimized and named all of the different approaches to writing along a tertiary order, we have eliminated the possibility of any other way of looking at writing (such as looking at the surface of writing). What we might do is to ask the question which Deleuze asks, "who is speaking," but rather than his answer of, " we answer sometimes with the individual, sometimes with the person, and sometimes with the ground which dissolves both" (140), we need to think about developing pedagogical theories or anti-pedagogical theories which would (dis)locate that ground which dissolves both the person and the individual speaking. In such a case, we cannot only question the whole idea of subjectivity, but also the ideas of speaking/writing and how those ideas might also need to be "unthought" in order for composition to progress as a field of inquiry.

Jenny Bay
http://www.uta.edu/HyperNews/get/delgua/2/2.html

Catsby is... uncertain this would be good.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Catsby said:
Catsby believes that far worse things will happen than someone getting your back up on a forum.

Flying Death Monkies from Venus?!!! ;)

GekuL

Fledgling Freddie
There's a sonic compilation CD for the gamecube with Dr Robotnics bean machine, a lot like puzzle bobble :D

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
Blackadder said:
Prince Ludwig: Let me assure you, Herr Blackadder, if I no longer had a tongue with which to make such an offer, you will no longer have a tongue with which to tell me, that if I had inconweenienced you, I will no longer have a tongue with which to offer you his tongue.

Edmund: Well, enough of this banter. Who the hell are you, sausage breath?

Paradroid would like to console Panda in his torment, and, highlight that this post is not in the 3rd person.

Regards,
Sister Mary

:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom