Purge for a theurg ?

Y

-yoda-

just a question about wether or not i should buy purge for my theurg . reason i ask is the amount of times ive been pa'd or Dot'd and been unable to cast due to psn ticks . and i was thinking purge would help me a lot to hopefully kill the assasins easier if im 1v1 with them .

i know i'll prolly die 1hit to many assasins "specially sbs" if they get a good pa in but i move a LOT when im solo and a lot of assasins miss there pa and i manage to QC/mezz or root befoe they can finish me but when i run to get range to nuke there asses the psn ticks finish me or i cant cast due to them hence the assasin break roots/mezz and kills me :( which is why i considering purge .

K

K0nah

essential for a caster imo, for the reasons u state above and a hundred more. removes: rez sickness/hib caster stun/shield stun/mezz/root etc etc will save ur ass often and open a whole new set of possibilities.. yeh we can all think of better things to spend the points on, but when ur the first to die in a battle when mezzed..

O

old.Kerosene

I've got it and it's saved my ass a fair few times. It's also good if you want to hunt out sb's/ns's in Sauvage. I've killed a fair few now just by q/c mez/purge/target root/leg it/3 air pets/3 nukes and a charge before they find IP if you know they have IP.

Job's usually a good 'en :)

O

old.Odysseus

ATM Im maxing my damage output with WP 2, MoM 2, Acu 2, MCL.
Next on the list is deinately purge. I'm always mezzed on the most inconvinient of times.

F

Flimgoblin

DoT's shouldn't keep interrupting... they interrupt on the first tick, for about 5-6 seconds (which is just after the second tick usually) so it looks like they keep interrupting...

if you are being constantly interrupted by dot's it's someone chain-casting :)

As for purge - sounds like it's handy :)

D

Danya

Dots interrupt every tick if it's an assassin and they stay in melee mode (which most do). Caster dots shouldn't interrupt more than once though.

F

Flimgoblin

Hmm, yeah that'll be the 'melee interrupting from the other side of the zone' bug :( not the DoT though....

O

old.Xanthian

You need to be able to kill SB's 1st ;)

IF your nukes, dots whatever aint powerfull enough to beat his ass down before IP your dead anyway.

Personally im concentrating on MoM, WP and other silly little things that increase my damage ten-fold.
At RR5 I will save for purge when I hit RR6 (if).

Then again im a Hib and most druids have GP so dont really have to worry as I never solo.

Y

-yoda-

ta purge it is then .

@xanthian ive killed many sb's 1v1 cos i move so much they miss pa and sometimes i resist there psn so its easier for me to kill them . me loves my pbt had a fight with a skald today 1v1 in suavage and he was stood there TRYING to hit me for about 2 mins . and couldnt get through my pbt cos of his slow ass hammer :) i still died though cos with his dd's and he eventually got lucky and managed to boink me with his hammer :) and of course i had already used qc so i wuz to slow to cast a root or 2nd mezz to gain range again :(

D

Danya

hmm 2 mins is 4 qcs... surely you could have had another go at rooting or mezzing... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom