punkbuster

O

old.b0nes

urm, now that pb are no longer gonna support half-life or any of its mods.

are we still gonna have to use it?

I see little point now :(

1Jesta

The current PB will still pick up a lot of known cheats, so imo its still worth while using it

O

old.[SCW]Fonz

Hi

I have read the PB press release, and frankly i am disappointed. W all know that there are people constantly trying to find new ways to cheat or exploit bugs in the HL game. PB up until now has only baton with which we as a communtiy had to fight back.

Now PB are doing some crappy polictal thing to bully valve into working with them? Why the hell is that? Value release an SDK for god sake? Valve work with mod developers to no real fianical gain? And mysteriously we are told that PB and valve can't work toghether? There is something more to this than simply press release PB gave out. I am sure there are commerical factors here and they are using people as a cheap means to put the mussle on valve.

Hey i could be wrong but thats how i read the current situation.

Sadly we have no way of detecting new cheats now... but as jesta said the currently version should detect most of the current flaws in the HL game.

So i say use it for this season at least :)

M

Moön

Well if punkbuster isnt used I think some means of won id recording or authenticating is required .

1Jesta

Both the Bwtfcl and the Uktfcl use the SAME wonid scanner , which scans selected servers every 5 seconds, namely all bwtfcl and all demon (uktfcl) servers , and also some independant servers.So every person that plays on these servers whether it be under an alias, or there clan tag has a recorded id within the bot, hope that helps.

O

old.[748]ash

One of our clan members is closely linked with pb and others associated with it and he's reported back to us that there are quite a few post new patch wallhack and aimbots already available :/ Infact they even suggest that the new patch is easier to get round than the last one.

Gutted about this really and I can't see any way in which pb could be used that effectively now.

I'm glad you are going to use the WON ID scanner, nice one.

I suppose, as a clan, all we can do now is make sure as many of us as possible record demos of the games we play. And to try and encourage clans to record HLTV demos as it would give you a good view of every player from any angle. At least this would give you a better idea as to whether there's anything fishy going on.

Bugger :/

O

old.[SCW]Fonz

every 5 seconds seems a bit exsive jesta!

Why not once every 30 seconds, cause one every 5 seconds could be classed as an attack on the server!

The point HLTV is a good one. Maybe the refs should record demos of all matches this way for anyone to come back and examine l8r?

Just a thought,

Fonz

M

Moön

Originally posted by 1Jesta
Both the Bwtfcl and the Uktfcl use the SAME wonid scanner , which scans selected servers every 5 seconds, namely all bwtfcl and all demon (uktfcl) servers , and also some independant servers.So every person that plays on these servers whether it be under an alias, or there clan tag has a recorded id within the bot, hope that helps.
Excilent, merc problem solved as far as I'm concerned :clap:

V

vuz

talking to aphex apparently a large cheat called hlhack1.3 or somethign came out just hte other day, the fact of the matter is that we use PB to let us know that people aren't cheating on the server, the second that it doesn't stop 99% of teh cheats 1 person can start cheating and alter a game....

Thus imo the reason for using PB is now invalid, unless there is a chance it cud do more I can't see any point in keeping it on :(

M

Moön

Originally posted by ViRuZ
talking to aphex apparently a large cheat called hlhack1.3 or somethign came out just hte other day

And the hl comunity dies a little more :(

O

old.Carwash

please dont have HLTV / Voice comms on the server in league matches. Its FAR FAR FAR too laggy !

As for the wonIDs, was actually wondering if BW did the same as UKTFCL. Do we need to submit all our wonIDs for our clans?

V

vuz

Originally posted by Carwash
please dont have HLTV / Voice comms on the server in league matches. Its FAR FAR FAR too laggy !

Don't worry - we won't :)

As for the wonIDs, was actually wondering if BW did the same as UKTFCL. Do we need to submit all our wonIDs for our clans?

You don't need to at this point in time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom