Public Barryserver online for September

D

[DAD]Monty73

As some of you will know or have noticed The [DAD] Clan has put up a public Elite Force Barryserver for everyone to play on.

The reason we have done this is not to counteract the work at Barrysworld but to hopefully help them. It is our hope that having a Barrysworld server to play on and get a good game will remind you of the good old days when Barrysworld servers were public, and encourage those of you who haven't signed up for Barrysworld P2P to signup.

Hopefully this will mean when this server goes offline in October we can all play on the P2P Servers provided by Barrysworld and keep Elite Force alive.

Its not allot of money for the P2P and the amount of servers BW provide as well as the other services to the community is definitely worth having.

Anyway the server will be running until the beginning of October then it will go offline.

Remember also to use the Barrysworld P2P Servers as we now have a votable one.

Watcher said the server didn’t show up in GSA last night after it went live so for those of you who may have a problem seeing it here is the address………

svr08.barryserver.com:26961

or

213.221.175.225:26961

If you have any suggestions on the map rotation visit www.dadclan.co.uk.

Anyway we hope you get some enjoyment from this server in the limited time its running.

Regards
The [DAD] Clan

W

widdy

good one monty :) thanks for helping to keep the game alive.

This leads me onto an idea I had a month or so ago (which bondie mailed me about 2 days ago lol <------reminded me)
I'm going to try and arrange for server 4a to be switched to a clan training server.Only clans which are taking part in BWEFL can use the server and they would have to book the server through me (if I can get the go ahead).

This will (hopefully) help the clans that are taking part in BWEFL who do not have members in thier clan who are signed up for the P2P service.We have to try and remember that there are some clans out there that either have alot of young members or which are run by young members of our community and may not be able to afford to pay for subs.

One of the problems would be that you may get some unwelcome visitors to your training sessions,unfortunatly I don't have the time to be able to change password everytime a new clan wants to use the server,I wouldn't expect bigfoot to do it for me either so the password would be default (this is what would cause the problem).The only thing that I could do to maybe solve this problem is to make a rule up indicating that "if you are not invited to the server when a clan is training do not enter it.If you do a player ban could/would be impossed on yourself" obviously the guys who help me run BWEFL can't be expected to be online everytime the servers are up so a rule like or similar to this would have to be used.Also the use of clan tags would have to be used at all times so we could make sure that the server is being used for the right reasons (if some of us are online)

Anyway just an idea that I'm hoping to put into action fairly soon.I'll mail all clans involved in BWEFL 2.0 when I get conformation through that I can actually do this.

Widdy

Users who are viewing this thread