Pub vs home....

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Ok, it's a nuts time of year, but I have often thought about this subject. This year I opted to stay at home, nice fire, beer from off licence etc. To be honest, I am having a rather nice time here atm - not having to fight through six deep of peeps to get just one or two beers. Offy served me in 10 seconds - got 10 beers for yesterday and today. Went supermarket and got food. Ok I am alone. But right now yeah having a good time.

Sooooo... what did you do and what's your view? :)

/discuss

Chronictank

FH is my second home
alone in the morning (sleep \o/), family in the evening
day after friends :)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Woke up with pins and needles in both of my legs after falling asleep in an armchair around a friends house; finished the drink I'd not had the energy to drink the night before. Went outside, bought my christmas presents feeling haggered, went to the pub, now I'm back here almost ready for sleep. Been back in torbay for a week and still only spent the night in my bed once so looking forward to a good nights sleep!

p.s. my legs still frigging hurt. Never fall to sleep on a chair with one leg crossed over the knee of the other.....

Now merry christmas all! :D

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
home beats pub everytime for xmas and new year.

been stood at bars for 20-30 mins trying to get served before, its a joke
and the MUSIC!!! gimme fucking break

you can pick who you drink with a home or at a friends.. at a pub its a bunch of twats who only go out now or on good friday.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Went to the pub, was nice to catch up with people I haven't seen for 10 years+ people I went to primary school with etc. Not going to bother going out new years eve though, not really interested in the change in date and don't really see why I should pay extra for the privilege, will stay in that night I think.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
well im a bit of a scrooge this year as I stayed at home while B2 went to his folks (they invited lots of other people for christmas and im buggered if im staying fully clothed and unable to toot the sprout chorus due to spending xmas with strangers) but tbh ive had a great time heres what i did:

Christmas eve:

Got up early to watch Father Christmas animation and had a fried brekkie with it then went for a walk, got home and watched some santa movies on telly, made fresh bread rolls while listening to christmas songs on the radio, watched some telly while bread was rising then cooked the rolls and made my traditional xmas eve lunch of smoked salmon rolls and had a ceaser salad while watching the and i do mean The bestest xmas film ever, The Muppet Christmas Carol! then had a bath (while listening to more christmas music) and got the veg ready for lunch today, then settled to watch shreck the halls and the blackadder christmas special with a glass of sherry and mince pie (and a ginger bread xmas tree which I also made myself... yep im domesticated!) then Austin Stevens pit viper show then off to bed to read, read The Night Before Christmas and went to sleep.

Christmas Day:

Woke up at about 4am went back to sleep, woke at 5am went back to sleep, woke at 5:30am... back to sleep finally got up at 6:45 for a bacon sanger and some xmas toon action, after spongebob i went for a wlak and got rained on but twas nice, could see the people in their houses all round their trees and stuff. Got home and watched more telly and opened my pressies at about 10am while watching the creature comforts xmas special then watched some tv and got the lunch ready (ready for this? Roast potatos coated in sesame seeds, honeyed parsnips, sprourts and chestnuts, mashed sweet potato, stuffing, carrots, gravey Oh and turkey! Mmm!) ate lunch while watching wallace and gromit, made a coffee and went on PC.. went on FH and thats it to date lol I got about a ton of left overs im not used to cooking a roast for one.

Any hoo Im looking foward to watching Polar Express this afternoon and having a home made roll with turkey and red pepper jelly and watching my arse grow :)

whoever said you cant be alone for christmas and have a nice time was wrong, ofc I'd prefer it if my BF was here but he's with his folks having a nice time there so Im well happy :)

just bummed i gotta go back to work on thrusday lol i dont think my trousers will fit meh!

preacherboy

Fledgling Freddie
At home ofc :D

Set up the kids laptop put a plug in that I shouldn't of put in forgot I took the pond filter away from the pond so all the water was drained from the pond:( left the fish at the bottom shouting for help:( went upstairs to put on my socks looked out of bed room window at pond to see only 8inchs of water at the bottom:( anyhow filling pond back up hope it's not to late for the fish with all the crap they must of swallowed

georgie

FH is my second home
"Happy Christmas, Kids. Btw, all the fish are dead" :D

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I havent' seen anyone today. I took one phone call earlier from a friend. Been lounging around on msn and watching films. My tv roast dinner sucked tho :/

Ezteq

Queen of OT
aw Img tv dinners generally suck but on the plus side you survived it hehehe

Glad I'm not the only one on teh own for christmas and glad you all had a great day, tbh if you cant be happy with your own company then your in trouble.

I have to say I'm quite glad im on my own... the amount of sprout related gaseous discharges (or should that be depth charges Oo) going on round here I think I'd have killed any company I may have had, the guinea pigs only survived because theyre low to the ground... and i had them fitted with teeny tiny gas masks :)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
aw Img tv dinners generally suck but on the plus side you survived it hehehe

Glad I'm not the only one on teh own for christmas and glad you all had a great day, tbh if you cant be happy with your own company then your in trouble.

I have to say I'm quite glad im on my own... the amount of sprout related gaseous discharges (or should that be depth charges Oo) going on round here I think I'd have killed any company I may have had, the guinea pigs only survived because theyre low to the ground... and i had them fitted with teeny tiny gas masks :)

well had my inheritance come a bit earlier i might have had a stab at cooking one myself xD There's always next year ;)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
rofl ill probably still have this years left overs left over (er...) i got a bit carried away, I'll post you some :)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
rofl ill probably still have this years left overs left over (er...) i got a bit carried away, I'll post you some :)

ty, but i wouldn't trust a postie any more than i would gamah not to turd through a post box ;)

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
never spent xmas alone, not sure what it would be like.

but woke up at 6.45, showered etc then drove to family gig in nottingham, nice drive no other cars around :) bout 9am we had coffee, catch up etc, then did presents, had lunch, queens speech, more presents, had dessert, more freaking presents till we watched dr who and eastenders, a grandmother favourite.

xmas was a little weird though, being the youngest there it felt little like the magic had gone, need the kids around at xmas to make it really fun imo. Maybe its part of growing up :(

watching speed now, sales tomo then meeting mate from work n going to a mates to try n work out some rules for drinkopoly. Should be fun!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Popped to pub for an hour on Christmas Eve - same old, same old
Home with the family's where its at.

gohan

FH is my second home
i dont go out for christmas or new years, its overly crowded and expensive

didn't get up till 11 am on christmas (oh my how ive growed up) opened pressies gave pressies ect, ate FAR to much for lunch, mum made it like a help your self buffet so obviously i tried to recreate mount everest on my plate, felt sick all afternoon, watched some DvD's peterkay, ricky gervais and jimmy carrs newest stuff, decided to book 4 tickets to jimmy carr live as he's coming to stevenage in april, was sold out so i got 4 tickets to omid djalili (british/iranian comic, very very funny) as a christmas pressie to myself,

watched doctor who, was quite good. very suicide bomberish!

didnt touch PC once (personal sucsess)

and for new years im going to see a mate in leeds in about 30 mins ^^ technicaly thats going out isnt it? even if we dont leave his house

oh and got a new electric razor that ACCTUALLY works on your neck, my life will be so improved because of it

Nate

FH is my second home
Think if I had a local that wasn't on a route that would get me killed if I had a few I'd go for an hour or so. But I much prefer home with the family.

gohan can you make a thread when you've been to see Jimmy all about it please! :D I have a friend thats going to see him too not sure when, not sure where. But it'd be nice to see if he does anything different.

edit - Did I misread that and your actually not going to see him?

gohan

FH is my second home
Think if I had a local that wasn't on a route that would get me killed if I had a few I'd go for an hour or so. But I much prefer home with the family.

gohan can you make a thread when you've been to see Jimmy all about it please! :D I have a friend thats going to see him too not sure when, not sure where. But it'd be nice to see if he does anything different.

edit - Did I misread that and your actually not going to see him?

you did :< i wanted to see him but was sold out before id heard of it, so i setteled on the iranian guy, seen him on paramount comedy and the comedy store ect and he is really funny, completely takes the piss out of everything "pc" including his own country... in fact mainly his own country ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom