PSX on PSP

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Anyone see the latest with the PSP that has made me glad I decided to keep mine ;)

4 PSX games were released through the PS3 Network store that were playable on the PSP. Great, although not brilliant games, no FF7 :(

Then, along comes some enterprising sole who, with a new firmware for the PSP and a utility to add the PSX emulator to any ripped PSX game, means we now have any PSX game at our disposal.

The best bit, as I see it, is that as I already own the games I'm now playing on my PSP, I don't see any infringement. I guess the only one is the fact you need a custom firmware to play them.

Sony must be very, very annoyed, as I can see no way of stopping this now it is out there.

OK, back to playing FF7 now ;) Never did finish it on the PSX (Don't hang me ;))

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Why would they want to stop you playing games you already own, albiet on a different system? :(

seems odd to me

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
because they could otherwise make money out of you twice (unless they are free through the ps3 network, which i doubt)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
castlevania i might actually buy that game was blast to play on saturn and ps1

but i wont:)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
i just realised somat this means gt1 and gt2 are playable as well

Whipped

Part of the furniture
One thing to keep an eye out for and to read up on is the save games. As each game uses the Hot Shots 2 Golf PBP to create the newly emulated game, it will use that games ID as the directory the memory card files are put in.

I usually run any game I've obtained or any game I'm doing from my own collection through PSX2PSP. A Great front end to popstation that lets you set your icons, background art and music and set the title of the game and the ID.

A list of all the IDs can be found here http://www.sonyindex.com/PS1_Renamer/dbase.ps1

Although PSX2PSP will identify the ID from the iso of the game you have ripped.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Ono said:
Been messing around with this for a day or so and I am absolutely gobsmacked by the new FW and the quality of the emulation.

Castlevania:SotN, Vagrant Story and Soul Blade are some that I have tried. Top notch.

Here are a couple of YouTube vids I did (sound seems fucked bu that's YouTube for ya! )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRVmOxx_bKg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQRC7kt-QkU

Ah - but PSX SotN is the shitty version :p

Wij (snobby chipped and switched Saturn fanboi)

P.S. I am now tempted by the PSP despite the fact all the official games suck gibbon-boobs.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
aye the Saturn version rawked, i ebay mine a couple of months after edge did round up of all the rare and uber saturn games, some canadian dude bidded £140 for an unopened jap version

ps ver had slightly better gfx from what i can remember but staurn version had more extras

Yaka

Part of the furniture
anyone know how to enable faster cpu speed with the latest 3.03 OA revA firmware?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
it does everything 1.50 does and more, but oddly speedball 2 on amiga emu is crashing alot it never crashed on 1.50 and psp dosent have any region locked games i dont think

syndicate wars on psx makes up for it tho

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
anyone able to provide a link to this?

ive had my PSP since release though never played it much. i am interested in getting my PSX games on it though :)

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
Yaka said:
anyone know how to enable faster cpu speed with the latest 3.03 OA revA firmware?

The latest patch form Dark_Alex lets you choose CPU speed in the Recovery menu (hold R on boot up)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
tris- said:
anyone able to provide a link to this?

ive had my PSP since release though never played it much. i am interested in getting my PSX games on it though :)

the links from dark alex's sites get hit so much its hard to dl from there so best place is psps hax ive tried the hold R on bootup but it just runs my gta LCS umd

Yaka

Part of the furniture
nm found it

hold pwr so its shuts ddown fully then push up and hold R takes you the acreen,

you have to keep ion klicking umd/iso speed to crank it up to 333

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, i dont have to hold up though?

Also my UMD doesnt auto boot, i think i turned that off somehow

Does anyone have a PS3 to get the required files to their PSP?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
required files?

..........i guess we all own ps3 then

Yaka

Part of the furniture
it is but pro evo plays more smoother with a higher clock but it draines the battery faster

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Anyone fancy posting a nice simple guide about what you lot are talking about? It sounds interesting but complicated.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
*bump*

Just got a PSP, tips on where to read up on all this via PM would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom