PSP Homebrew

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Don't worry mods, this isn't a link-a-thon to tons of illegal downloads, it's simply a heads up to anyone that has been following the PSP homebrew scene.

It seems the creator of the OE series of cracked firmwares, Dark_Alex, is to leave the scene for good. So no new cracked firmwares anytime soon.

Doesn't bother me to much as my 3.40OE runs all the homebrew I want anyway, but I would have liked to have given the internet based Remote Play thing, for the PS3, a try.

Guess I could install 3.50, try it, then downgrade using the lumnies hack, but can I really be assed ;)

Starman

Part of the furniture
I still run 1.5 but then I've not touched my PSP in months and I doubt anyone would want to buy it.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
£5 says he's got a job with Sony

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Alex Dark (a.k.a. DaX) has officially left the scene due to "Security Fears". Lots of rumors flying around from something within the code of 3.50 that scared him enough to quit like a hidden threat or something, noone knows or has publicly stated exactly what the score is though.

Clown

Part of the furniture
This isn't the first time he has left...

Starman

Part of the furniture
heh yes I bet he's been given a job within Sony to counter any hack attempts.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
It's almost certain that someone else will pick up where he left off.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
Test30's Custom Firmware 3.40 LE-A

becus25's Custom Firmware 1.62 IE-D Update 4 With DevHook v0.51

are 2 that peeps will prolly change to also word doing the rounds that something could be done with the iso loader built in by sony in the latest fw

Yaka

Part of the furniture
looks like either dark alex is back working under a new alias or someone else has his source code and is updating it.

look for

Custom Firmware 3.51 M33 For PSP @ the usual places

Yaka

Part of the furniture
dark ales's sorce code has been found by some peeps, prolly will now seem more diff types of fw poping up

Clown

Part of the furniture
Old news, but m33 seems to be the ones taking over. They're a Russian group and a lot of people don't know whether to trust them. My m33 cfw has been fine though. They're up to 3.6 I think now.

On a side note, Pimpstreamer still doesn't work with updated firmwares :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom