PS2 Modchip

P

Panda On Smack

Did a search and doesnt seem to be any threads

Does anyone have a chipped ps2 and if so what chip have you got and what chip would recommend getting?

ta

I presume we can talk about modchips?

O

Ono

Messiah 2 chip is the way to go mate.

I went with the excellent www.londonconsole.com to chip mine but he will only work on the later PS2s as the older ones have laser problems.

Y

Yaka

messiah 2 is the one to go for, but watch out for some places selling cloned versions. they bork yer ps2 big time accroding to some forums

W

Wij

Originally posted by Ono
Messiah 2 chip is the way to go mate.

I went with the excellent www.londonconsole.com to chip mine but he will only work on the later PS2s as the older ones have laser problems.

Mine's as old as a UK one gets :(

P

Panda On Smack

what about the DMS3 V2.0 ModChip?

Ono, what bundle did you buy? just the chip fitting service or did you buy the whole ps2 from them?

thanks chaps

P

Panda On Smack

right i have 2 choices

a) i can get PS2 Console + Game + Remote + Stand for 150 quid from play and then send it to be chipped for a further 65 quid

or

b) buy the ps2 + chip + cable for 230

damn im lazy

O

Ono

I actually bought my PS2 from GAME with the Eyetoy and a game for £160 then got Will to chip it for £65.

Just order a brand new premodded one from Londonconsole. Saves hassle. :)

Tell him Ono sent you ;)

P

Panda On Smack

Originally posted by Ono
Just order a brand new premodded one from Londonconsole. Saves hassle. :)

This is what im thinking :)

O

Ono

Originally posted by Panda On Smack
This is what im thinking :)
Do it man!

Currently I'm playing:

Winning Eleven 7
R-Type Final
Initial D
Taiko No Tatsujin
Suidoken III

P

Panda On Smack

righto, ta

can someone explain the difference between the Messiah and the DMS 3 please?

O

Ono

Originally posted by Panda On Smack
can someone explain the difference between the Messiah and the DMS 3 please?

Dunno - but I've started a thread HERE to see what they say.

L

lovedaddy

Originally posted by Ono
Do it man!

Currently I'm playing:

Winning Eleven 7
R-Type Final
Initial D
Taiko No Tatsujin
Suidoken III

Is there a English menu patch for Winning XI 7 yet? Im board of the stupid crazy jap text game already.

P

Panda On Smack

Ta Ono

had a few replies now which helped. still dont know which to get. DVD region free sways me to the DMS though.

Y

Yaka

Originally posted by Ono
Do it man!

Currently I'm playing:

Winning Eleven 7
R-Type Final
Initial D
Taiko No Tatsujin
Suidoken III

heh i am playing ID just love the anime series and the game gets yer close but is a tad easy. R type is good but im suprised yer still aint got the metal slug conversion on ps2 yet. btw how good is suidoken i have it but i dont have much time fer rpgs atm

O

Ono

Originally posted by Yaka
heh i am playing ID just love the anime series and the game gets yer close but is a tad easy. R type is good but im suprised yer still aint got the metal slug conversion on ps2 yet. btw how good is suidoken i have it but i dont have much time fer rpgs atm

I do have Metal Slug 3 :p - just no time to even boot it up at the moment.

Suidoken III is pretty good so far but I really can't see myself completing it either.

There is currently no patch for WE7 but I expect one very soon.

As for INitial D - I bought a Logitech FF wheel just to play it. :p

L

lovedaddy

Logitech wheels rule. (thanks the lord for works close relations with them, mmmm, free momo and mice for me...)

Y

Yaka

thing that gets me about buying wheels, is they arnt compatible with other things, i ourchased an actlabs wheel which claimed to support PC,PS1,DC,N64 and it did but it also made a nasty claim of being future proof, they still claim to be working an ps2 an xbox carts for the wheel but its been a couple of years now.

if only the ps2 took USB wheels

Y

Yaka

oooo :)

so this will work with any racer on the os2 yer?

L

lovedaddy

I've only tested with Gt3 and concept, but I'd imagine any game that has support for the standard logitech wheel will work fine.

If there is any you want me to test it with, give a shout.

Y

Yaka

well if works with those games then it should work with GT4, deffo gona get one now

O

Ono

Originally posted by Yaka
well if works with those games then it should work with GT4, deffo gona get one now

There is a specific wheel coming out for GT4 which pisses on the Momo and features 900 degree turns lock to lock (just like a real car). This will allow you to drive hand over hand when turning.

Look HERE and also more pictures HERE.

Looks fantastic but I bet it costs a bomb.
:)

L

lovedaddy

oh well, I'll look forward to getting some of them free too.

Y

Yaka

gawd damn thats mint, always hated that fact you couldnt rotates the wheels like on a real car. cant wait.

Y

Yaka

was thinking of getting a logi usb wheel but am now gona wait till the gt4 one comes :)

Users who are viewing this thread