Ps2 Football Game

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Hiya, I want to buy a Football game for my ps2 which I rarely use, which is best? I've played all the old FIFA's which I enjoyed but I've heard great things about ISS although I've never played it. Any advice? :)

Also, can anyone recommend a decent controller for my PC? :)

Cheers.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Pro Evolution Soccer 3. (Euro 2k4 get you in the mood? :))

Also, a decent controller aye? Umm, we'd need to know what sort of game you're using it for. But it'd probably be best to get a USB adapter from Play.com, and use your PS2 controller.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Sir Frizz said:
Pro Evolution Soccer 3. (Euro 2k4 get you in the mood? :))

Also, a decent controller aye? Umm, we'd need to know what sort of game you're using it for. But it'd probably be best to get a USB adapter from Play.com, and use your PS2 controller.
Yeah, also playing CM 03/04 alot atm, and I need more action. :D

Was thinking of using the controller for FIFA and that, just played it round my mates this weekend and it was SHIT with the keyboard, but everything else about the game looked good.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Fifa = POO, seriously avoid. If you've not played the series before you will love Pro evo 3.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Is Pro Evo 3 the latest one, and does it have real players? How does it compare to FIFA for actual gameplay. I love passing it about, doing some really great assists and that. FIFA always seemed a bit easy to me. Does Pro Evolution have alot of chances for showing off, and real football? :)

babs

Can't get enough of FH
It is the latest over here, yes (winning eleven 7 international japanese version is the real latest, but plays a very similar game). Players-wise it's pretty good, just lacking licenses from some countries (wales, holland etc) but are easily edited. As far as gameplay goes there is no equal, Fifa doesn't come close. You can basically play as closely to a proper match as you can get in a game right now.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Cool, sounds great. Is its full name Pro Evolution Soccer 3? Whats Winning Eleven?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Winning Eleven is essentially the Japanese version, I think.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Ok, I'm going to buy it tomorrow morning, hope its worth the purchase! :D

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Mobius said:
Ok, I'm going to buy it tomorrow morning, hope its worth the purchase! :D

It's only £20 at the most now, seeing as it's on the Platinum range.

You should be looking forward to Pro Evo 4 now. ;)

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Wee got it for 15 quid. How tough is this?! Anyone got some tips? I've yet to score after about 3 hours play. I get tackled to easily, and haven't managed a decent through ball yet!

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Save through balls, they dont work every time like fifa. Dont do the R2 run much either when you have the ball, it's easily taken and your crossing and passing accuracy is much lower when running. The same applies for shooting, try to have space to shoot and on the right foot facing in the right direction.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Hehe, I'm getting the hang of it now. I've even won a few games!

You know on the Master league mode, how do you buy players? I seem to be unable to get someone, it always says breakdown in negiotations. I've got like 6000 transfer points..is that to few?

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Just make sure you aren't seriously underbidding, and try to choose players out of / near to end of contract.

Also try to get the hang of using passing methods 3/4 (preferably 5). It gives you a lot more options near the box with your crossing. You can still force a cross with R2+O (i think, it's been a while), but u can also do little chips and dinks. Remember there are lots of different crosses too with double and triple taps ;)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
you may also find worth you while to invest in some asian players specialy those from japan, south korea and china, some of these players can be had for peanuts but have stats rating that would put zidane to shame. only crap thing is no one will want to buy them once you get eunuff cash for a well known players.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Yaka said:
you may also find worth you while to invest in some asian players specialy those from japan, south korea and china, some of these players can be had for peanuts but have stats rating that would put zidane to shame. only crap thing is no one will want to buy them once you get eunuff cash for a well known players.

Bollocks. Raid Juventus, in our game most of their players were availible on a free at the end of the first season. Davids, Tudor, Zambrotta and Trezeguet came to Real on a free, and Del Piero came ultra-cheap.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
its not bollocks, thiese player got me thru first 3 seasons fine. by the forth season i had enuff to buy ashley cole, gary neville, van nistelrooy, henry, zidane, scholes, duff and viera.

but still 3 lanky and slow central defenders that came with me master leaugue team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom