PS INC INC INC..anyone forming outfits?

D

deygos

PLANETSIDE....

been playing beta for a while now - dont think it has enuff going for it long term but it does pwn & is a good filler till SWG or WOW or wotever - the battles are big, the strategy is strong & what will tilt it for a lot of players is being in a organised and effective outfit - ie a big mofo 200 player zerg hot dropping outta the sky :)

euro servers open up on the 23rd may (bollocks crossed)

am curious how many peeps are in euro outfits or looking to form or recruiting and shit

i plan on being a pbing stealthing hacker type with a pet + some lag so erm LFS

J

j000 d000d

what the hell are you talking about?

S

SilverHood

ps = planetside, new FPS MMO game out soon

outfit = guild

LFS = looking for squad

and yes I'll be there when my download (public beta) has finished.

S

Sharma

1) dont like zergs
2) zerg = lag
3) if i wanna play an mmofps i would rather go play quake/UT/CS
4) i would rather frag some n00b with a big ass mofo *&(^£:?@~: rail gun!

S

SilverHood

UT instagib FFA DM is teh win sharma :p

S

Sharma

i r likey chaos UT mod and AP sniper rifles \o/

G

Gekul

Originally posted by sharma

3) if i wanna play an mmofps i would rather go play quake/UT/CS

A since when were they mmofps games? :p

S

SilverHood

they weren't :)

and no name fakers here either :D

S

Sharma

Originally posted by Gekul
A since when were they mmofps games? :p

they wernt but ya can play em online, to me, its the same thing :rolleyes:

D

Damon_D

Its a shoot em up game ffs..shoot em up games are the sock

S

Sarnat

Well PS seems to have the zerg problem too. There are like 8 continents and when couple thousand players hit the server and couple spots per continent get contested about, there's much lead in the air. And if you have a poor computer (like me) it gets quite unplayable.

Yet to see how different the game play is with a proper computer.

D

deygos

funny how people just assume. ps is a fps but its much more than that coz its on a PW - makes all the difference

S

Sharma

I aint assuming, seen screen shot and videos and decriptions from what ive heard there is a roleplaying element to the game such as playing a hacker or something on a base raid but to be blunt, the idea doesnt appeal to me :/

D

Driwen

planetside is based around the idea off tactics, zerging IS a tactic. So yes it will happen, now I have no id if the pcs will be able to handle it though.

S

SilverHood

I think it's great

the best DAoC battles are the ones involving 5+ fg's from each side

look at it like those old Quake 2 64 player servers running q2dm1

S

Sarnat

ROTFL? Zerg is a tactic? Sure... Suddenly DAoC players are very fond of zerging... hmm ok maybe they are those who actually like zerging... brrrr... Just make sure I know what server you're going to so I don't come on the same one.

E

eynar

Originally posted by Sarnat
ROTFL? Zerg is a tactic? Sure... Suddenly DAoC players are very fond of zerging... hmm ok maybe they are those who actually like zerging... brrrr... Just make sure I know what server you're going to so I don't come on the same one.

The end justifies the means tho....I've been playing PS too, and whenever there's zerging involved it's always for facility raids. In Daoc on the other hand there's a lot of aimless zerging imo.

F

Flimgoblin

planetside is like tribes I hear - but with more players...

A

Aule Valar

tribes 2 rocked

will be playing planetside a lot i think, but not until the end of june as i can't connect from uni :s

S

Solid

Played Beta all thisa week and I think its a great game with massive potential.

DAoC was nothing like it is today back in Feb 2002 when it was released, thats the nature of MMO games, they evolve rapidly over time and the same will happen to PS.

Its got good companies behind it and a loyal fanbase so yes I think it will be a success.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Sarnat
ROTFL? Zerg is a tactic? Sure...

Actually it's been used about 4000 years in warfare.

Just send troops out, no matter how many die just as the objective is met.

P

PJS

all your base are belong to NC

good pc and bb connex, havent noticed any lag problem so far

PJS - New Conglomerate BR6 infil/hacker/engineer on Emerald (woot implant time)

A

Adelle

Nerf infils! :p

but really, hackfils can be very annoying indeed. I know, I play one myself.. It's very satisfying to hijack an enemy vehicle and jump in the gunner position and blast away at them from behind :)

S

Sarnat

Originally posted by eynar
The end justifies the means tho....I've been playing PS too, and whenever there's zerging involved it's always for facility raids. In Daoc on the other hand there's a lot of aimless zerging imo.

I havent found much else to do than raid facilities... which can get a bit dull after 300 raids. I hope they can come up new stuff and evolve the game for better, like daoc (ok mostly better). One nice thing is the limits to weapons and vechiles so you can't bore yourself as fast.

I'm not saying PS sucks by no means, I think it rocks. But some people seem to think it's some heaven on earth which it is not.

D

deygos

planetside is like tribes I hear - but with more players

yeah basically it's the game T2 shoulda been

I havent found much else to do than raid facilities... which can get a bit dull after 300 raids.

there is no crafting or pve zones as such, the key to the longevity of this game will be finding a good organized outfit - even then i'm only using it as a filler before wow or swg etc

was involved in a 4hr battle for a base on cyssor recently which goes rougly like this

hackers hack into base, take out power.
air strike bombard base
heavy vehicles go in followed by ground troops
attack base.
fight for control of base for...err a few hours depending
cleanup base
secure base and hack power back online (which allows you access to vechiles, weapon stations)
as hacking takes time base defence can't get pretty tense as there is time for the nme to reclaim their base

now add about 50 people on each side fighting for this

aslo group leaders (squad leaders) gain xp for successful base takes etc...eventually they achieve command ranks that allow them an exclusive chat channel, see all units on maps (to co-ordinate battles) &.....call orbital strikes....

ps is not like capture the flag, it's more like domination.

there are plans to have bases in space & take the battles out there

T

thefunkrocket

originally...

Back to the original question :)

I'm looking for an outfit, haven't played the game yet but if it's half as good as tribes 2 then it should rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom