PS chipping service

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Anyone know of anywhere that does a PS2 chipping service online anymore. This for an older model PS2, not one of the newer slim ones. Londonconsole don't seem to be doing it anymore.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Connection refused.

Panda, where can I get a modded X-Box? I can't be arsed modding it myself. I want to watch DVD's that I've backed up myself in DivX and XViD files, and use FTP to move them to an already big hard drive.

Edit: Connection granted!

Also, get yourself HL2 Jon. It's kinda cool. And you know that I'm not HL fanboy.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
www.baldbouncer.co.uk is good too.

Modding it yourself is tres easy though, and if you don't ever plan on using live you can do it without a modchip.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
i had me ps2 ipgraded from messiah to dms3 by mrmodchips and xbox upgraded to X3 chip by him very good service, i normaly send of consoles on monday and get em back by thursday

Clown

Part of the furniture
So what would I need to do? I know theres guides and stuff but I'm shit at following them. It's easier to do when someone is telling me.

1) Get modded X-Box.
2) Upload some software or something?
3) Upload Pr0n.divx

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Get the xbox modded - ftp upload xbox media center with a fiddled xml config file.

Then you can upload the movies you want to watch or you can stream them off your pc via SMB shares. As always, available for questions on quakenet if you like.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
reminds me was on the xbox media center webby today, how do yer compile it?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
You don't - they don't have the compiled files there because that's illegal. If you were to compile it yourself you'd need XDK software which you can't buy, and as such isn't available legally anywhere. You need to find a compiled version somewhere - I shan't tell you where on here because that's naughty.

You know where I am.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I've asked you all before, I just never got around to doing it.
Is playback of the movies just as good as on a PC? Can I install my own codecs and stuff?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
yeah on xbox it is, my previose one had the media player installed but tbh i never used everyone else in the house would wtach stuff on it while i mostly watch stuff on pc

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not sure about installing your own codecs - if there's something you can't play I doubt you'll be able to play it until they release a new version. That said, I'd be surprised if you were unhappy with the amount of formats it does play without a problem.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i just orderd the xecutor lite 2.6 with the solderless thingy and programmer. can i do any good stuff with that? i

nath

Fledgling Freddie
If you don't know what it's for then you don't need it.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
tbh i didnt ever get round to using my previous 2.6 chip, they guy who installed installed xbmc and other stuff for me, best thing to do is read the guides on the offical cip sites an xbox scene

tris-

if you replace the dashboard with another one, can you switch back and forth so you can manage things like xbox live?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yup - make whatever new dashboard you put on "evoxdash.xbe" and it will be booted by your modchip first. Turn off your modchip and it'll boot in to xboxdash.xbe which is the standard MS dash.

tris-

holy crap, took some doin but i got the bitch solderd on :D. tryed the solderless thing which was a load of crap.

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
tris- said:
if you replace the dashboard with another one, can you switch back and forth so you can manage things like xbox live?
If you have an X3 you can boot into its bios (hold white button at boot) and choose the boot order of the dashboards. Most use EvoX as its quick and simple and have links in that to other dasboards if they want to use them. X3 is great, removes all the problems of boot discs etc

tris-

i got everything sorted now, except streaming videos through the media centre. i setup SNB so i can stream music. i tryed using the relax xns thingy but my xbox couldnt find the shared files.

if this is all illegal jibba jabba delete it as you please :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
No idea what the relax thing is but you want to set up SMB shares for everything on XBMC if you want to stream from your windows pc. It should be exactly the same as your MP3 set up.

tris-

i sorted it now, using something call ccxStream.

Jopasc

Fledgling Freddie
Clown said:
I've asked you all before, I just never got around to doing it.
Is playback of the movies just as good as on a PC? Can I install my own codecs and stuff?

XBMC on the xbox beats any pc multimedia player hands down. It plays anything, xvids, vcd's (straight from a .bin file if you want), realmedia ram files, apple quicktime .mov files, you name it it plays it ;)

You won't need to install new codecs at all. If a new format comes out, they will include the codec in the next release.

The latest version has some nice scripts which let you use your xbox to view movie trailers from apple.com and also a nice graphical interface for choosing shoutcast streams from shoutcast.com

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
The latest releases of XBMC seem to have bugs with the streaming and movie trailers as in they don't work :(

i keep having to revert back to an older version.

Still a great little application though.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Yaka.. I don't spose you could use the help desk on mrmodchips to ask him when he'll have the DMS4 EZI in stock..

It's a new solderless install version of the DMS4... I was poised on purchasing a DMS4 and soldering but if there's a solderless I'll wait for that one as I'm in no rush...

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Pfft, soldering a chip isn't that hard.

Also for XBMC streaming you're best off with SMB as that's the best supported (and least buggy).

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
I did not say whether it was hard or not.. I am capable of fitting a chip.. however a solderless solution is much easier... plus it's easy to remove in the event of selling the console and has 0 risk of damaging the console physically :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom