prydwen.net go smish?

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
dunno but the teamspeak server has also gone smish we might be in a bit of arse now :D

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
Yep it went boink

Already yesterday evening around 9.30 it was down...still is now

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Tried to log on about tea yesterday and got some 'GoDaddy.com' domain names for sale BS instead. Later on was just unavailable.

Mael, 50th ment.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Checked on networksolutions.com, domain is up till 17th of February.
Maybe some1 fucked up DNS resolving. :flame:

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
I have created a temporary forum until Prydwen.net is back online. Please PM me if you wish to be added to user groups and to secret sections :cheers:

Ovi1

Fledgling Freddie
Penlid said:
I have created a temporary forum until Prydwen.net is back online. Please PM me if you wish to be added to user groups and to secret sections :cheers:

No better than the real thing tbh ... "No route to host" :p

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
well if needed ive got 2 gig of bandwidth im not using at the moment from no-experience-games.com :)

will take me a while to get the pages set up but we may as well use freddyshouse

Banana

Fledgling Freddie
anyone know lairiodds or tenpits email/if they still play and ask them direct? :(

HappyG

Fledgling Freddie
Without Tenpit we're all doomed!

Funny tho, no one remembers the great guy who was supporting the community for so long until something goes wrong :(

Takitothemacs

Fledgling Freddie
I will try emailing Tenpit.... but dont hold your breath... I haven't seen him online in a while... but its worth a try.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Now it's gone on for a couple of days, peeps might wanna start posting their raid details either here or in Pens forum for the meantime or there'll start to be no-shows.

(I know I'm planning to go on ML5 raid this saturday, but no idea now whose running it or what time it is :( ).

Mael, 50th ment.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
Ill speak to penlid about permantly hosting a new forum site and ill see if i can buy up a prydwen.name ive got webspace not doing anything and im paying for the bandwidth and personally wouldnt hurt to have it hosted somewhere else.

Ill see what i can rustle up as a new home until we can find out what happened to the old site.

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
Ill speak to penlid about permantly hosting a new forum site and ill see if i can buy up a prydwen.name ive got webspace not doing anything and im paying for the bandwidth and personally wouldnt hurt to have it hosted somewhere else.

Ill see what i can rustle up as a new home until we can find out what happened to the old site.

prydwen.net used about 80 gig per month Awarkle

Flippant Desires

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:

Should try contacting Tenpit about this :)

He has transferred data etc before, so other's can host the forums.

Looks to me like the webspace is no longer being paid for (maybe expired cc or something). The domain name is up 'for sale' again in Feb (think it was Feb 17th), so perhaps Tenpit can transfer it to you.

Flippant Desires

Fledgling Freddie
Quinlan said:
check the temp forums for an update flip

Just got to it...

Shame no more of the old forum :(

I know Tenpit has tried to transfer the site before, it's just a tough one really. iirc something like 600mb mysql file plus 150mb images/uploads and a ton of bandwidth.

Guess Tenpit won't read this, but!

Thanks Tenpit for all your support and flippin hard work; building real community spirit for Hibbies across Prydwen :)

Cya in WoW

:clap: :clap:

FlameGecko

Fledgling Freddie
I was supposed to be taking over prydwen.net a few months ago. I bought a license for for vBulletin, got the web server ready and setup with php, mysql, and vbulletin. Tenpit was going to update prydwen.net to same versions as I had, the transfer the files to my server but that was the last contact I had with him.. so I have a license I paid for out of my own pocket with no use for it.... Oh well, if Tenpit comes back I still have everything set up ready to go...

Cernos

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Flamegecko,

If you still have the vbulletin license and are willing and able to take the forum on, then I'm sure Tenpit could supply you with the archive / database if we can get the two of you in contact again. Tenpit has posted over on the temporary forum (see earlier in this thread) so does seem to be reachable. If there's any costs which need meeting, then there seems to be a fair number of people saying they'd chip in a contribution via PayPal to help (myself included).

To be honest, at this point in time getting the forum re-established from scratch even without any archive history would be good (though having the archive would be nice if you have the bandwidth to support it).

There is also the small matter of making sure the domain gets re-registered (ideally administered by whoever takes over the hosting I guess.

Finally, will repeat here what I've said elsewhere - a huge thank you to Tenpit for keeping prydwen.net going for so long and helping to build such a wonderful community which we've all been able to enjoy and benefit from. Let's hope this isn't the end.

lairiodd

Loyal Freddie
There is also the small matter of making sure the domain gets re-registered (ideally administered by whoever takes over the hosting I guess.

According to the other thread on the other forum, Banana has reserved it or something. That would mean that even with a server, the domain name would probably be down until Feb 17th when it runs out.

Btw, since Quinlan started the thread on the other forum, maybe he has a way to contact Tenpit IRL.

Banana

Fledgling Freddie
yea i have.
Dont worry i would give the account details to the person who can actually host the thing. I just wanted to make sure we could keep the name.
with one teeny request :eek: Let arian design the graphics :D

and yea tenpit has msn :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom